Gain the ability to mount your skyscale in combat

No just No, this breaks every danger of combat, 

I don't want a get free out of jail card for combat

I explain  why this is op

Lets say u fight a legendary champion solo

U atack u fight u use ur defensive  skills u attack more.

U get low health u call skyscale u hover over the champ. U wait all ur cds recharge, u attack again. Repeat this 10 times, no mob without range will ever be danger for u again

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 17

2 hours ago, vares.8457 said:

Don’t use it then 

I explained how this ability breaks the game and downgrades meaningful combat.

If anet gives u a red button with who u kill every raid boss, the answer is not just dont use it.

In fact Anet would call it an exploit, now anet gives us a freecard to exploit combat the reason? sell this LWs 

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Like 1
  • Confused 8

3 minutes ago, Balsa.3951 said:

downgrades meaningful combat.

There is no meaningful combat in open world. 

3 minutes ago, Balsa.3951 said:

If anet gives u a red button with who u kill every raid boss

That’s absolutely not the same or does the skyscale skill kill the boss? 

• Like 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, vares.8457 said:

There is no meaningful combat in open world. 

That’s absolutely not the same or does the skyscale skill kill the boss? 

u can reread my example on how to kill every big boss who has no range attack use skyscale.

disengage on demand while keep bosses in combat.

how can u not see what a huge upgrade to combat power that is?

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Like 1
  • Confused 7

4 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

Don't use it, if you don't like it.

4 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

U get low health u call skyscale u hover over the champ. U wait all ur cds recharge, u attack again. Repeat this 10 times, no mob without range will ever be danger for u again

newsflash: thieves have high mobility and stealth and can disengage, recharge and attack again without skyscale.

skyscale is slow and has low health. If you are in melee range of a champ and try to mount and ascend to hover above the boss the chances are very high that the boss hits your skyscale and dismounts you before you gain enough altitude to be out of melee range. And if you are able to use the right time between boss attacks to mount because you know the boss attacks, you can simply dodge/block the attacks and then you don't need a skyscale for killing the champ.

1 hour ago, Balsa.3951 said:

I explained how this ability breaks the game and downgrades meaningful combat

I think you're exaggerating a lot.

I think it is a nice convenience feature. Sometimes I stay in combat and can not mount when moving (away) because some mob has a long aggro distance or I have some conditions/dots or my pet is running somewhere and has aggro . With this new feature I can mount and travel faster in areas with a lot of mobs.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

Hi,

29 minutes ago, Zok.4956 said:

I think you're exaggerating a lot.

This.

1. Mobs usually quickly "reset" (and fully heal!) as soon as you disengage. You'd have a very narrow window of opportunity to
    5 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

wait all ur cds recharge

- actually, your idea might very well not work at all. And even if, this should be fixable quite easily.

2. On the other hand, this looks like a big QoL feature for a lot of ppl. Especially for minion necros with "death nova", whose funny little "ragged horrors" keep exploding all over the place & aggroing everything in a wide area ...

3. Judging by the existing cooldowns of the other skyscale utilities it will have a quite long cooldown, and the scenario described may very well be impossible.

Have fun!

• Like 7
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

I don't want a get free out of jail card for combat

I explain  why this is op

Lets say u fight a legendary champion solo

U atack u fight u use ur defensive  skills u attack more.

What if I told you in the open world we already have a get out of jail free card?

Slot gliding boost in your jade bot. Jump off even the slightest terrain height. Glide. Boost. You’re now away from most enemies for long enough to reset some cooldowns and rejoin the fight.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

I agree with you OP - I don't want a "get out of jail free" card either. I was just having this conversation with my wife last night that I don't like it when things are push-button easy. That said, we have no clue how this even works, and it does sound really cool. 

I mean, theres a reason why we can't use mounts in jumping puzzles and there should be a reason why this is limited in a way that doesn't completely trivialize combat.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

1. If the enemy can't reach you, it will reset the fight very quickly. They regen health and you're back to square one. You're not going to have your cake and eat it too.

2. You don't need a skyscale to escape combat. We've been running from hard fights since release, long before gliders, mounts, and the crazy amounts of power creep over the years. Or if you're smart like an engineer, you just run in circles dropping bombs and laughing your way to victory, nary a scratch.

I see this addition no differently than I see the mastery trait Air Rescue. It's a quality of life that gives you back time to your life to focus on the core things that matter most in the game. In a lot of ways, it also makes sense from a lore and immersion standpoint. You fed, played with, and helped grow your skyscale. It's your companion and life friend. It should come to your aid when you are in most need. And if and when you need it, use it. If you use it often, then you might want to reconsider your builds and life decisions that get you into trouble all the time.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Mongori.9467 said:

..This...

...this looks like a big QoL feature for a lot of ppl. Especially for minion necros with "death nova", whose funny little "ragged horrors" keep exploding all over the place & aggroing everything in a wide area ...

Actually, the  ability to mount in combat is one of the things I'm looking forward to in this next expansion for the very reason Mongori is pointing to here. Judging from the reactions in this thread,  both the posts and the emotes attached to the various posts, there are other folks who like this coming feature too.

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Nate.8146 said:

1. If the enemy can't reach you, it will reset the fight very quickly. They regen health and you're back to square one. You're not going to have your cake and eat it too.

2. You don't need a skyscale to escape combat. We've been running from hard fights since release, long before gliders, mounts, and the crazy amounts of power creep over the years. Or if you're smart like an engineer, you just run in circles dropping bombs and laughing your way to victory, nary a scratch.

I see this addition no differently than I see the mastery trait Air Rescue. It's a quality of life that gives you back time to your life to focus on the core things that matter most in the game. In a lot of ways, it also makes sense from a lore and immersion standpoint. You fed, played with, and helped grow your skyscale. It's your companion and life friend. It should come to your aid when you are in most need. And if and when you need it, use it. If you use it often, then you might want to reconsider your builds and life decisions that get you into trouble all the time.

air rescue mount in combat, jade bot rezz, Aoe attack while down how much more till its impossible to ever die in combat? 

We will see if boss resets  i have my doubts and he may reset for u but what if u have a  buddy on the  ground ? so u recharge ur cds when ever needed. This is watering down every risk.

u forgot also ur  skyscsale can shoot a fireball which gives me strong indication u will be not ooc when on skyscale

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Balsa.3951 said:

We will see if boss resets  i have my doubts and he may reset for u but what if u have a  buddy on the  ground ? so u recharge ur cds when ever needed. This is watering down every risk.

This can and does already happen. Being able to mount won't have any effect on this tactic at all. Now you just seem to be complaining about possibly 2 manning "a boss" while taking turns temporarily running away. I feel like your point may have gotten away from you some, with this example.

Mind you, I think we just need to see how this will actually work in practice. We have no idea right now what the cooldown will be. And they can always adjust it if it's too low or too high.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

You know in WvW, you can stand on top of supply in camps and the Camp Supervisor can keep attacking you with no attacks landing? Similarly, in Kaineing Overlook Strike mission, you can put one foot off the edge of the platform and most of the mindblades attacks will no longer hit you. 

If you are even remotely off in the Y axis, a lot of ground attacks will hit you 0% of the time, and you can maintain aggro of the boss (ie their HP doesn't reset). 

That being said. This feature isn't going anywhere. It's literally a selling point. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, BlueJin.4127 said:

We already have a “get out of jail free” card; just turn around, then run away. It works like a charm and rarely do I get killed when trying to run away from combat.

Sure, it's just very annoying to run and keep pressing the mount button untill it finally works. It doesn't feel good.

I've thought many times before that it would be nice to be able to mount in combat.

So I welcome the change.

However, I'm not going to deny that it comes with some downsides, and I can totally understand OP's argument.

Do I personally value the convenience it will bring though over those downsides? Yes.

Another thing is ... I can't think of much use for gliders any more.

I guess for fun? But mounts are more fun though

I mean, now we will have both ley line/updraft functionality and mount in combat for mounts.

Gliders will mostly be something you have now untill you progress and get better tools

(and for content where mounts are disabled)

It will still have the jade bot updraft skill I suppose, but overall gliders will feel much more irrelevant

I think it's a good addition that will make gameplay feel more fun, but I can understand why some may disagree

Edited by jokke.6239
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

I have had a number of bosses reset on me, just because they failed to score a hit on me for long enough, skyscale is no different.

Buddy on the ground will still need to be able to survive, and not drop the boss aggro while you are taking your nap in the air.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, BlueJin.4127 said:

We already have a “get out of jail free” card; just turn around, then run away. It works like a charm and rarely do I get killed when trying to run away from combat.

If this works, it only means you were never in danger to begin with. 

But skyscale in combat is a few order of magnitude above. 

Little reminder, skyscale is :

- a 10k hp refill (maybe more, not sure about the number) 

- full immunity to every CC

- 2 dash who can probably cover 900-1200 range, in evade, every 10sec, can go up to 4 dash with bond of vigor, and maybe 6 with the new aerial rescue

- a 8 sec steath

Even in a normal fight situation, I can clearly see this being used as a (OP) mobility option during a fight.

I do agree that mounting in combat may be a convenient option to not wait too long after a fight (I'm a necro main using full minions in open world, I may have had some problems with minions agroing, but honestly, it's pretty rare)

It's a simple reminder there were an actual reason for this limitation, so I kinda hope it will have limitation too... 

Edited by Shuzuru.3651
I forgot the steath
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4