Discover the Wonders within the Wizard’s Vault in Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure

• ArenaNet Staff
14 minutes ago, Stygian Abyss.7203 said:

So...  if they remove the Daily Login reward and Daily Acheivements and you're one of those that don't purchase the SOTO expac...

Will be interesting to see how ANet introduce new methods for acquiring laurels and mystic coins to the core platform... either that or the maybe the value of MCs will soar beyond the 4g we saw last year?  Glad I've been stock-piling them (for now).

You're still all good! The Wizard's Vault will be available even if you do not own Secrets of the Obscure. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I'm here and I've got an answer for you!

Gold, Laurels, and Mystic Coins can all be purchased in the Wizard's Vault for completing your daily objectives. Daily achievement points will still be available as well, you'll earn them by completing your Wizard's Vault daily objectives.

What about difference for core players who paid money and who don't? Is this money just neglected or free players will have daily limitations?

As a background if you paid for core Tyria you got login rewards, which is one of the main incomes for mystic coins and materials. Free accounts doesn't have this, this is why ppl spent money. Now removing these rewards and making system same for everyone pretty much removing value from that money paid. Is money going to be refunded in some way?

Edited by WRay.2391
Clarification
  • Like 5
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Gold, Laurels, and Mystic Coins can all be purchased in the Wizard's Vault for completing your daily objectives. Daily achievement points will still be available as well, you'll earn them by completing your Wizard's Vault daily objectives.

Wait, so the 2g from Daily Completionist will be decoupled from it?

5 minutes ago, Whirlygig.9685 said:

So, in the current system, you had access to ALL dailies once you hit lvl31 and even if you only had base game GW2 ( or whatever combo of expansions) Now you can only obtain access to all dailies IF you have the current expansion and if you have a character level 80, so essentially this now ties some 'dailies' to an expansion - can someone explain how that is a good thing? because it doesnt seem to be to me?

I get what you're saying, but plenty of dailies are already tied to an expansion or living world episode.

Daily EoD
Daily IBS
Daily LS4
Daily LS3

8 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

How am I able to do my Wizard's Vault daily when I don't have SotO?

Please clarify - you take away daily rewards from core game and hide it / sell it again with next expansion?

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

Just now, Suowik.4507 said:

Please clarify - you take away daily rewards from core game and hide it / sell it again with next expansion?

core game never got daily rewards, but an upgraded account can, if that's what you mean.

Edited by vrauns.3215
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

• ArenaNet Staff
Just now, Suowik.4507 said:

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, the Wizard's Vault is not exclusive to the expansion. Even if you do not own SotO, this is still available to you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, mezuzel.4987 said:

I get what you're saying, but plenty of dailies are already tied to an expansion or living world episode.

Well they are completely separate catagories, I am talking about what is a blocking of FULL access to the generic base level dailies, and no i do not think its ok to do that.

Edited by Whirlygig.9685
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Suowik.4507 said:

It says at the end of the blog post that if you do not own the expac you can still access the vault UI. Some rewards will be expac locked it seems but they didn't say which ones specifically

• Like 2

Just now, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, the Wizard's Vault is not exclusive to the expansion. Even if you do not own SotO, this is still available to you.

Wizard vault is definitely not a replacement for daily login rewards (unless it'll have a login only rewards as exists now). I feel Anet is trying to get rid of accounts which used for login reward collection to raise the cost of materials and delay progression (or make ppl grind hard as in other MMOs).

• Haha 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

So you take away only the ability of dailies before Lv80? Still not fine, but slightly better that it sounded. Now I can do random tasks for some generic mage (as lore'wise w/o SotO I know nothing about him) to get the same as now by simply login! So hyped, yeah... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 3

So to sum that one up. We'll loose the daily (free) login stuff and it will be hidden behind the new reward system. All the good stuff (Laurel, MC, ...) is available in the new store but you need to complete quests now to get them, it's no longer just a login.

I guess guys, it's now time to buy all the mystic coins in the TP, they will skyrocket when the expansion comes out. 

PS. F... me, got 10 days left on the big chest. I guess the people with Multi Account are now cursing ANET, their investment is pretty much down the drain now 🙂

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 5

Just now, WRay.2391 said:

Wizard vault is definitely not a replacement for daily login rewards (unless it'll have a login only rewards as exists now). I feel Anet is trying to get rid of accounts which used for login reward collection to raise the cost of materials and delay progression (or make ppl grind hard as in other MMOs).

I'm guessing the stuff from dailies will be to be obtained from a wizards tower merchant.