Discover the Wonders within the Wizard’s Vault in Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure

1 minute ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It had one more. You can see it by the length of the bar, and by the fact that there's a counter saying 0/6 above.

The question is, does that mean there's only 6 weeklies, or does it mean you need to complete 6 weeklies to get an additional reward but there's more than 6?

Just now, vrauns.3215 said:

people keep saying "what can be buy with 5 astral acclaim, i said you get 240 for doing tasks.

...which doesn't answer to the asked question in any way. Like, come on.

What can we buy for x amount?
-here, I added 6 weekly tasks worth of aa!
???

But that's the main issue with commenting about anything in regards of this system, we simply don't know what the aa point is worth.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3

Just now, vrauns.3215 said:

people keep saying "what can i buy with 5 astral acclaim, i said you get 240 for doing weekly tasks.

Do note that there are other stuff that you can buy with AA, which most likely will be where most of it will be spent. I doubt the free griffon skin will cost something below 1k AA minimum.

Just now, Mor The Thief.9135 said:

Do note that there are other stuff that you can buy with AA, which most likely will be where most of it will be spent. I doubt the free griffon skin will cost something below 1k AA minimum.

at the top of the screenshot you can get 1300 astral acclaim

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, vrauns.3215 said:

at the top of the screenshot you can get 1300 astral acclaim

I don't doubt how much AA we gonna get. It's the cost of everything that can be bought with AA. If the clovers/coins/laurels have too high of a cost then we can't buy both the new stuff and what we're losing with the daily login rewards being integrated into the new system at the same time, which is the main issue people are upset about. Of course this all becomes moot should the prices be reasonable, that people lose nothing effectively.

EDIT: added a few words for clarity.

Edited by Mor The Thief.9135
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, vrauns.3215 said:

that question is incorrect to begin with.

It's not incorrect (because what's so "incorrect" about it?), you just don't have the answer for it. Neither do the rest of us, but hence the question. Your response doesn't answer anything about it.
Anet could answer it though.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Mor The Thief.9135 said:

I don't doubt how much AA we gonna get. It's the cost of everything that can be bought with AA. If the clovers/coins/laurels have too high of a cost then we can't buy both the new stuff and what we're losing with the daily login rewards being integrated into the new system at the same time, which is the main issue people are upset about. Of course this all becomes moot should the prices be reasonable, that people lose nothing effectively.

EDIT: added a few words for clarity.

i don't think they would make them that expensive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It's not incorrect (because what's so "incorrect" about it?), you just don't have the answer for it. Neither do the rest of us, but hence the question. Your response doesn't answer anything about it.
Anet could answer it though.

it's still a weird question, do some of you think you can get 20 mc for 5 aa, no.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

You know what's really irritating? People coming into this thread complaining that legitimate concerns about this rework is "whining". We've already seen how badly they've messed up the runes for people that have legendary runes. Now we're seeing a change that might have significant impacts on anyone working towards legendaries. Telling us to wait until next week isn't helping. We should be getting a proper preview at this point, not drip fed vague details AGAIN that only leave us to fill in the blanks with worst case scenarios.

This is launching in a week. ANET must have the details locked down and ready to explain. They should be doing that right now, showing us specifically how it will work, and if necessary giving us an AMA to clarify where needed.

They've already lost our trust with the mess they've made of runes. This is damaging things still further.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

Just now, Mor The Thief.9135 said:

That's what everyone is hoping for. Problem is that Anet is witholding that information, so all we can do right now is wait and assume and usually people lean towards worst case scenarios in such cases.

but this whole thing isn't just about mc, so them answering it, would be weird.

• Confused 7

5 minutes ago, vrauns.3215 said:

it's still a weird question, do some of you think you can get 20 mc for 5 aa, no.

What's weird about it? Please stop dodging addressing what you're quoting. First you said your response answered the question and I'm just not paying attention, but when it become clear it didn't answer anything, you reverted into saying "it's an incorrect question", but now when I asked you what's so incorrect about it... You pivot into "it's still a weird question"? 🤨

People see "you will get 5 aa for logging in daily" and ask "ok, what does it get us?" -I fail to see how anything about that question is "incorrect" or "weird". It's just a question about the value of "aa point".

...and who said anything about thinking 5 aa will somehow get us 20mcs? Pretty sure that nobody did.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Kranlor Greyhelm.8417 said:

You know what's really irritating? People coming into this thread complaining that legitimate concerns about this rework is "whining". We've already seen how badly they've messed up the runes for people that have legendary runes. Now we're seeing a change that might have significant impacts on anyone working towards legendaries. Telling us to wait until next week isn't helping. We should be getting a proper preview at this point, not drip fed vague details AGAIN that only leave us to fill in the blanks with worst case scenarios.

This is launching in a week. ANET must have the details locked down and ready to explain. They should be doing that right now, showing us specifically how it will work, and if necessary giving us an AMA to clarify where needed.

They've already lost our trust with the mess they've made of runes. This is damaging things still further.

i don't agree with anything you said.

• Like 2
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

What's weird about it? Please stop dodging addressing what you're quoting. First you said your response answered the question and I'm just not paying attention, but when it become clear it didn't answer anything, you reverted into saying "it's an incorrect question", but now when I asked you what's so incorrect about it... You pivot into "it's still a weird question"? 🤨

People see "you will get 5 aa for logging in daily" and ask "ok, what does it get us?" -I fail to see how anything about that question is "incorrect" or "weird". It's just a question about the value of "aa point".

value of 5 aa really?

• Confused 6