New elements, concept ideas.

The following are just some concept ideas for the game.

Shall you consider them, even better then; but if not, it's fine all the same.

Action/Survival mode.

This is an idea extracted from the type of game in which is not so much "bash keys up" as fast as you can, but a slower pace, which main purpose is a no timer mission, which you have to find keys to open doors, solve puzzles to proceed, etc...

Just like Puzzle Guild Missions, but no timer and no jumping.

If you are feeling brave, you could also add restrictions; such as rifles, pistols, and daggers only.

So, no magic whatsoever, and no other weapons.

Sky battles.

Create maps, in which only the Skyscale and Gryphon can be used.

If you fall of your mount it's game over.

Both mounts can fire projectiles and have a special attack that recharges after a certain time, and/or with enemy kills.

Those aerial maps would have flying enemies, and would have certain goals to be met.

There could also be a pvp version of them.

WvW.

Currently there are two maps that are exactly the same in wvw.

Why not make Edge of the mists one of the teams home map instead?

Nobody, or almost no one actually goes on EotM.

It feels like such a wasted map.

Bettle racing.

I think it would be so much cooler if Beetles actually had their own race tracks.

YouTube shows such innovative and very awesome racing tracks made in guild halls.

Making separate maps that are just racing tracks would be great. 

Fireteam missions.

Similar to the first idea, but this one would gather a squad of players with fire weapons and daggers, and go on jungle, desert, and urban missions to defeat the cpu enemy, or pvp.

So no magic whatsoever. 

Missions would involve rescue, retrieval, gather intel, dismantle bombs, or simply eliminate a boss.

WvW pt2

Adding siege devourers and turtles to wvw would make it much, much more interesting.

GW1 main missions replay.

Back in the past with main missions from the charr, norn, asura, and humes.

This would give an insight to new players or people who never played GW1 a chance to fight alongside Pyre, Jora, and even Queen Salma.

Main missions would include War in Kryta, And most of EotN.

Well, to finish off, these are just concept ideas.

I understand if you dismiss them.

The next Xpac is almost here, and I'm looking fowards to it; and since I don't know what you guys have in mind for the future of Guild Wars 2, I'm just aiming in the dark here.

PS.

Land Spear for Guardians please.

😂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

Some of the ideas are interesting. I'm not a fan of the survival games (at all), but I guess the action/survival modes that you describe could be added as pvp activity: they are quite similar to the Southsun survival in the end (though most of the players don't like it and I'm not sure it's worth as new game mode with a big map. I often read disgruntled comments in chat when southsun survival is daily. But maybe it's just because is survival + PvP).

We might see the sky battles in the next expansion, as they mention that we will be able to aim and shoot with the skyscale. We will just miss sea warfare then. Edge of the Mists is empty and could be revamped indeed, but I didn't understand well how. You mean the whole map for one single server? Adding destroyers and turtles could be fun.

• 3 months later...

I got to thinking about the current gambling of ectos and how it's a pretty useless venture when you're only getting 50% or less back just for an achievement and a portable vendor.

What if there could be another gambling mechanism in place such as gambling those ectos to receive an item that would make your gear or weapons glow.

You could have "scrolls" possibly that could do many different things, such as + the gear up to let's say 20. The higher the +, the more the gear glows.

You COULD make it do more damage, but that would have to be thought about way more integrally. There could be different scrolls of different colors.

There could be a mechanism that if you + past 3 or 5, you're gear can break and turn back into ectos? To fix this, there could be unbreakable scrolls that will never let your items break. There could also be 100% scrolls that always give a +1.

This may help with helping stabilize the economy up to a certain point instead of always having to create a new currency or new legendary weapon to chase after.

Obviously the special scrolls would be super rare and possibly not even tradeable? Just an idea I'd like to throw out there.

Naw, you're probably right, we need to keep creating new currencies.

Edited by Furrealeo.5783
  • Confused 2

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone, how about create copy build but for armor, imagine your friend tired to craft legendary and he want little some inspiration and his another friend can share his legendary armor like create copy of his build with skins and more for a short period of time, so you can use this only for campaign ☺️  to get imagine how it feels.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 8/16/2023 at 2:04 AM, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Sky battles.

Create maps, in which only the Skyscale and Gryphon can be used.

If you fall of your mount it's game over.

Both mounts can fire projectiles and have a special attack that recharges after a certain time, and/or with enemy kills.

Those aerial maps would have flying enemies, and would have certain goals to be met.

There could also be a pvp version of them.

This sounds fun. Now with updrafts and leylines this could work.

• Confused 2