Will the readbook emote tome be standalone on sale next week?

The SotO supply drop includes an emote tome next week, Read Book, which I know many people are interested in, but could anyone clarify if this will also be a stand-alone item next week? Since the price of the supply drop goes up each week, I really don't want to have to wait til next week to find out.

Support were unable to help as they have no information about gemstore stuff, so I'm hoping some eagle-eyed person has seen a dev comment, or a dev sees this. 🙂 Thanks for your time!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, khorren.3702 said:

The SotO supply drop includes an emote tome next week, Read Book, which I know many people are interested in, but could anyone clarify if this will also be a stand-alone item next week? Since the price of the supply drop goes up each week, I really don't want to have to wait til next week to find out.

Support were unable to help as they have no information about gemstore stuff, so I'm hoping some eagle-eyed person has seen a dev comment, or a dev sees this. 🙂 Thanks for your time!

I've met so many players in-game who are, just like you and me, only interested in the /readbook emote alone, not the supply of disappointment!

I would find it weird if they did not add the emote standalone in gemstore... but you never know with ANet really. 

The /hiss emote was only included in the vampire package.

The /sipcoffee is only available buying US coffee.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I also want the readbook emote along with the mount skins (because I apparently collect mount skins). But I am afraid to buy the supply drop. Last time I did, I did it for the mount skin not realizing it would come out later in a pack, which I, of course, purchased. When I asked for a refund for the one mount skin I already had, customer support initially balked but eventually refunded some gems to me for the value of that one skin. Which was all I was asking for.

BUT they also said this was a one time thing and in the future just be more aware of what I am purchasing. So... why should I buy the supply drop when I am going to be buying it later anyway??????

3 hours ago, TwistedAlga.4235 said:

I've met so many players in-game who are, just like you and me, only interested in the /readbook emote alone, not the supply of disappointment!

I would find it weird if they did not add the emote standalone in gemstore... but you never know with ANet really. 

Hiss was sold by itself too, I have it but not the outfit. Majority of stuff in supply drop I don't care about, pretty much only the emote.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/16/2023 at 6:42 PM, TwistedAlga.4235 said:

False, the /hiss emote was also available as a stand alone, I know, I bought it without the outfit.

On 8/20/2023 at 2:46 PM, Makuragee.3058 said:

False, the /hiss emote was also available as a stand alone, I know, I bought it without the outfit.

On 8/17/2023 at 5:34 PM, Chronardis.4028 said:

It was also included as a standalone purchase. I bought it without buying the vampire package. 

On 8/17/2023 at 3:55 AM, Doggie.3184 said:

Hiss was sold by itself too, I have it but not the outfit. Majority of stuff in supply drop I don't care about, pretty much only the emote.

Ok, my mistake! So, are we thinking the /readbook emote will come as a standalone emote tome in the gemstore aswell? 

I am thinking what to do tbh... the only thing I want from the supply thingy is the emote and not the rest of it... and now that the price is increasing aswell, lol.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, TwistedAlga.4235 said:

Ok, my mistake! So, are we thinking the /readbook emote will come as a standalone emote tome in the gemstore aswell? 

I am thinking what to do tbh... the only thing I want from the supply thingy is the emote and not the rest of it... and now that the price is increasing aswell, lol.

I really dont know, its hard to tell, my best bet is a "maybe"

I too would really like just the /readbook emote tome O-o Please, as a Wizard's Vault reward, perhaps? Or as a standalone purchase? The supply drop's a fine value for newer accounts, maybe... but for me it's not worth nearly thirty dollars in gems just for this emote...  I'm such an irl book nerd and I'd love to have this - imagine if it interacted with the Binding of Ipos... I really want it ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh