Game started stuttering.

As stated in title. I have been playing gw 2 for 2 months with 0 issues. Today I keep getting 5-10 fps for 3-4 seconds and than It turns to normal for 5-6 seconds. And it keeps repeating. Tried to update my graphic driver. Restarting and all. Any ideas ? Thanks in Advance.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU

12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700H

And 32GB ram

My game is performing significantly worse lately.
I'm either blaming it on latest Nvidia dirvers or Windows updates.

Sometimes I will also get an error when I load the game. My character loads, but then an error pops saying "An unexpected graphics error has occured and the game must shut down".

• Confused 1

this is an older game, so the more you update your drivers the worst its going to perform. drivers are optimised for latest games and apis because that's what players want, and they tend to run really old apis in degraded mode at best, and emulation mode at worst.

you can try running the game over vulkan using dxvk (yes, even on windows) which might work better than directx 11.

• Sad 1

@Furail.9257 @Blur.3465 

This has been an ongoing problem for me and others since early February 2023 with the WvW update, never has it been fixed or acknowledged by anet, game starts stuttering after 2-4 hours of playing, like its a build-up from something, thing to mention is that whenever the game stuttered, my windows stuttered in sync with the game, looking like a memory leak of some sorts hence why the build up.

Only thing i can reccomend is to stop playing and find something else since anet does not care about you as a individual.

Also a 3060 ti runner here with a i7-12700k 32gbs @3600mhz

Have a good one!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/18/2023 at 11:18 PM, Furail.9257 said:

As stated in title. I have been playing gw 2 for 2 months with 0 issues. Today I keep getting 5-10 fps for 3-4 seconds and than It turns to normal for 5-6 seconds. And it keeps repeating. Tried to update my graphic driver. Restarting and all. Any ideas ? Thanks in Advance.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU

12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700H

And 32GB ram

Are you running Windows and did it recently update?  There was some change to Win11 TDR (Timeout Detection and Recovery) error handling recently.

The latest Nvidia driver supposedly provides a fix for an ongoing DPC latency issue with Ampere based GPUS (like yours) which can cause stuttering.  Not sure it was a complete fix though.  You can use a tool like Latencymon to find out if your system is suffering from DPC latency problems.

See for reference:

https://davescomputertips.com/what-is-dpc-latency-how-to-fix-it/

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidias-new-geforce-driver-claimed-to-fix-dpc-latency-issues

• Sad 1