guesses on what the desert distortion buff will be for dagger ambush?

Eddie.9143

The first time I saw the thread I wanted to correct that OP confusing desert distortion and mirage mantle, its quite hard to confuse the two tho.

Mesmer forum is suspiciously silent after all weapons were unlocked, either no one bought expansion or its just dead

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, semak.7481 said:

The first time I saw the thread I wanted to correct that OP confusing desert distortion and mirage mantle, its quite hard to confuse the two tho.

Mesmer forum is suspiciously silent after all weapons were unlocked, either no one bought expansion or its just dead

Honestly with the little time I had to test things out after work yesterday, I've been finding a lot of joy in dagger mirage. But time will tell.

37 minutes ago, Gesbo.6420 said:

Honestly with the little time I had to test things out after work yesterday, I've been finding a lot of joy in dagger mirage. But time will tell.

Not much time will pass until everyone will get pissed off from daze on ambushes, mark my words 😉

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, semak.7481 said:

Meh most of the forums posters left months ago. This is not a new thing, I think they only stuck around untill Mirage got it's second dodge back. 

They must have realised it was never going to return to it hey day so left for good. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/23/2023 at 1:30 PM, semak.7481 said:

Not much time will pass until everyone will get pissed off from daze on ambushes, mark my words 😉

I think it works. As mirage is supposed to be the thiefy version of mesmer ranged interrupts sounds about right. Its not any more obnoxious than headshot on thief imho

On 8/23/2023 at 1:33 AM, semak.7481 said:

Armored Core 6 is out. Mirage is absolutely scuffed in open world now, at least Alac version. CMC is still balance lead. Yeah, my time with gw2 is pretty much done and over with.

The only thing I even want to try in gw2 atm is axe/dagger Mirage with torch/pistol off hands. I have not bought the expansion yet though. If it weren't for my friends in game I would not be playing still tbh.

• Like 3

On 8/23/2023 at 7:33 AM, semak.7481 said:

Disappointed, not dead. Sure, Chrono is a ranged build now, but that's about it. Mirage still ded, Virtu still strong (And we're even back to the boring Chaos rotation, apparently), Chrono still only providing Alac or Quickness and barely any secondary boons.

At this point, I just hope Rifle will be a decent cDPS weapon that doesn't require an entire elite spec to work.
Sure, that would be boring af, bc it would essentially only benefit DPS Mirage (And maybe Virtu, but I doubt that), but still better than the current state.

I love mah DPS Mirage (gs + Dagger/Torch). The stun on ambush makes dealing with certain problem classes easier for me. Damage isnt great (could use a buff overall) however the aoe is good on downed. I was running Axe instead and while the damage was decent...the positioning on the #3 was bad lol. Cant wait to see what rifle brings. GS ambush is wicked for damage in WvW.

Idc if they strip the condi from dagger ambush as long as the CC stays.

Dagger isnt good for PvE however 

• Like 1