New dailies/weeklies [Merged]

the new daily system was supposed to promote people playing how they want. it was a major selling point to get people on board with such a massive change. and yet it does the opposite. "How can we try and force people to do things they would never want to do otherwise?" That's the question someone asked before designing this new daily system. I could choose from any of the various dailies before and now I am pigeonholed into playstyles that I do not enjoy if I want to complete dailies/weeklies. even within my preferred category the selection of tasks is abysmal. I will not be able to complete them without doing things I have no interest in or are borderline impossible without wanting to bang my face against the desk doing something that's just frustrating

bad game design by people that have never actually played the game

• Like 31
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Arnox.5128 said:

What are you talking about? Wizard's Vault is a global feature. You don't need the expansion at all to use it in full. The only thing you won't have are, of course, the SotO objectives and items.

Try looking at the list of things available to non-owners of SotO. It's extremely limited, in both quantity and usefulness.

Not exactly an incentive to get me to buy this expansion.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, jason.1083 said:

that mindset means that you did every single daily available before, because you got rewards for each one separately and you wouldn't want to miss out on any of it.

5 minutes ago, Arnox.5128 said:

It's not the end of the bloody world.

A VERY well working player reward system has been replaced by a clearly inferior and not properly working one.

Do you guys always defend corporations when they make you buy an inferior product for no real reason?

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, HawkMeister.4758 said:

I clicked the annoying settings screen away and now

6 minutes ago, HawkMeister.4758 said:

A VERY well working player reward system has been replaced by a clearly inferior and not properly working one.

Plenty of things to dislike about this system, I agree. But in this case you just didn't read and clicked away. Oh well, hopefully lesson learned, meanwhile I still hope they'll change some of the things about this system. And the pop-up mode selection on opening the vault for the first time was actually the good part here 😅

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Plenty of things to dislike about this system, I agree. But in this case you just didn't read and clicked away. Oh well, hopefully lesson learned, meanwhile I still hope they'll change some of the things about this system.

It's much worse than that. One could not possibly know the ramifications of choosing any of the options (or not choosing them). The text included was totally useless for explaining just what was going to happen.

But even though I happened to pick the options I thought I would need (I never play PvP), once one got to the actual list of dailies, it was not feasible to complete them. For example, in the old system, one player kill in WvW would trip the daily wire. Now it's three. I HATE playing against other players, and I would only choose that option if there were no other viable options (for me). But now I'm REQUIRED to do it, and I can't just kill one player; I have to kill THREE.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I really hate these new dailies, the way they aren't the same for everyone sucks.  My wife and I own the exact same expansions, on the exact same stories.  And we got totally different dailies, which means we can't even play together to do the dailies every night.  GW2 has now become useless.

Also because I couldn't see the checkboxes and didn't expect to be limited. I now have dailies I can't finish, and weeklies I can't finish. So am I to just not bother logging in for a week until they reset?  Why the arbitrary limit when we didn't have that before?

Edited by SinisterSlay.6973
  • Like 16

7 minutes ago, HawkMeister.4758 said:

Do you guys always defend corporations when they make you buy an inferior product for no real reason?

I'm not defending it, it can see improvements, but I'm being reasonable, and I studied it's implementation. Overall it's not bad, the dailies are as easy as before, now we can select the game mode(s) we want them in and they offer some more valuable rewards.

It would be nice to see a larger selection of items offered, but maybe it's just because it's the first cycle and they still haven't worked it out. 

The fact that we get only 1 gold for doing them instead of 2 is fine I guess, even though I've personally made 2.600+ gold from the old daily system. 

So overall it's not that bad, it was a way of dealing with people who farmed alt accounts, I know a guy who used to get more than 1000 gold monthly from his alts, and I can't say that it's healthy gameplay. If you play the game just like you did before, and just check Wizards vault instead of the daily achievement tab for your dailies, you won't notice that much of a difference.

I know the previous dailies had some that were totally trivial, honestly in some very rare cases it was possible to do all 3 without even leaving your inventory screen. And maybe people liked that, but the ones we have now are still quite easy, yesterday I got to do 1 renown heart, loot 10 npc kills and capture a shrine/ruin in WvW. All trivial.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Daddicus.6128 said:

It's much worse than that. One could not possibly know the ramifications of choosing any of the options (or not choosing them). The text included was totally useless for explaining just what was going to happen.

But even though I happened to pick the options I thought I would need (I never play PvP), once one got to the actual list of dailies, it was not feasible to complete them. For example, in the old system, one player kill in WvW would trip the daily wire. Now it's three. I HATE playing against other players, and I would only choose that option if there were no other viable options (for me). But now I'm REQUIRED to do it, and I can't just kill one player; I have to kill THREE.

I'm quite sure that it was 3 before... 

And since it's WvW you can stick to a tag, do a few AoE attacks in a big fight and get 10 times the daily amount in 30 seconds. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jason.1083 said:

I'm not defending it, it can see improvements, but I'm being reasonable, and I studied it's implementation. Overall it's not bad, the dailies are as easy as before, now we can select the game mode(s) we want them in and they offer some more valuable rewards.

It would be nice to see a larger selection of items offered, but maybe it's just because it's the first cycle and they still haven't worked it out. 

The fact that we get only 1 gold for doing them instead of 2 is fine I guess, even though I've personally made 2.600+ gold from the old daily system. 

So overall it's not that bad, it was a way of dealing with people who farmed alt accounts, I know a guy who used to get more than 1000 gold monthly from his alts, and I can't say that it's healthy gameplay. If you play the game just like you did before, and just check Wizards vault instead of the daily achievement tab for your dailies, you won't notice that much of a difference.

I know the previous dailies had some that were totally trivial, honestly in some very rare cases it was possible to do all 3 without even leaving your inventory screen. And maybe people liked that, but the ones we have now are still quite easy, yesterday I got to do 1 renown heart, loot 10 npc kills and capture a shrine/ruin in WvW. All trivial.

Well I wasn't as lucky as you. I have to kill three players and do three combo skills (which I haven't learned how to do). Since I'm not really capable of killing players, it's impossible for me to complete them.

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Daddicus.6128 said:

What do you mean the text included was totally useless for explaining what was going to happen? Pretty sure it literally told you that daily objectives refresh daily and weekly objectives refresh every monday. What is unclear about ramifications of your choices there?
I dislike plenty of stuff about  the vault too, but gee, please stop making excuses just because you -or someone else- didn't read what was on their screen.

11 minutes ago, Daddicus.6128 said:

For example, in the old system, one player kill in WvW would trip the daily wire. Now it's three.

False, it was always 3. 3 players for invasion defender and 1 structure for objective defender. And these 2 remained the same because I got them both after the patch. You probably glanced over "objective defender" in the past and assumed it was about killing the player.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, jason.1083 said:

I'm quite sure that it was 3 before... 

And since it's WvW you can stick to a tag, do a few AoE attacks in a big fight and get 10 times the daily amount in 30 seconds. 

No. It was one. I used to get it by accident, occasionally, by doing the cheat method you describe. But I would NEVER willingly choose it unless all other options were worse because I hate playing against other players. This is supposed to be a COOPERATIVE game. I despise playing against other players. I'm way too old to be able to compete against teenagers with optimized builds.

• Confused 4

9 minutes ago, Daddicus.6128 said:

Well I wasn't as lucky as you. I have to kill three players and do three combo skills (which I haven't learned how to do). Since I'm not really capable of killing players, it's impossible for me to complete them.

The 3 combo skills most likely means you just need to preform 3 combos, even if you don't know how to do a combo, if you fight any kind of content where it attracts more than a handful of people, you should get it in seconds just by doing your skills, it just consist of doing combo finisher tagged skills inside combo field tagged skills, both are everywhere in the game. 

Edited by jason.1083
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

What do you mean the text included was totally useless for explaining what was going to happen? Pretty sure it literally told you that daily objectives refresh daily and weekly objectives refresh every monday. What is unclear about ramifications of your choices there?
I dislike plenty of stuff about  the vault too, but gee, please stop making excuses just because you -or someone else- didn't read what was on their screen.

"Choices" are the checkboxes. There was literally NOTHING telling you what they did. One had to guess.

• Like 6
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Daddicus.6128 said:

No. It was one. I used to get it by accident, occasionally, by doing the cheat method you describe. But I would NEVER willingly choose it unless all other options were worse because I hate playing against other players. This is supposed to be a COOPERATIVE game. I despise playing against other players. I'm way too old to be able to compete against teenagers with optimized builds.

You can choose PvE only next time, it's as easy as that, I'll probably do that as well even though I play WvW regularly. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

New daily system "Wizard's vault" is a downgrade in every way, functioning like a knockoff Dollar General cheap gem store . Forces players into another currency and store system instead of the passive background daily system. Decision fatigue anyone?  The old daily system allowed sPVP players to get full completion in just one game mode (complete 3 of 10 tasks to get the full 2g reward). This one gives you basically 1/3 of the reward any game mode, forcing you out of what you want to do and into other stuff you don't want to do. AKA trash. Not only that, but the Wizard Vault UI itself has terrible performance and a discordant graphic design from the rest of the game. It's truly jarring and disturbing that this product shipped.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, jason.1083 said:

You can choose PvE only next time, it's as easy as that, I'll probably do that as well even though I play WvW regularly. 

And then I'll have even fewer choices. Including quests and renown hearts. Yuck.

This is supposed to be an improvement. Not force us to do things we don't want to. I've got 10 mapping titles. I'm sick of renown hearts.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Daddicus.6128 said:

When open Wizard's Vault I had three option where those where filled radio boxes (PvE, PvP and WvW). Untick PvP radio box and you should have only PvE and WvW (or in your case only have a filled in radio box for PvE).

In any case if you don't do any task of WvW or PvP, only PvE, then you should still earn AA currency for those PvE task that you finish so it shouldn't be as a big deal like you make it sound. There are also more AA to earn from doing SoTO task from story  (another panel in Wizard's Vault), so you should be able to get currency over time as long you check Wizard's Vault and complete at least some task.

It's not perfect and you have less control of which task you get, but it is still possible to do something and earn AA.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Daddicus.6128 said:

No, you're wrong, it was 3:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily_(achievements)#WvW_2
Daily WvW Invasion Defender
Defeat enemy invaders in World vs. World.     [3 Enemy Invaders Killed ]

As I said in the previous post, you probably got OBJECTIVE defender in the past after 1 enemy kill and confused it with invasion defender. Invasion and Objective defender have the same requirements they had before the system change. And, again, I know that because I literally already had both.

12 minutes ago, Daddicus.6128 said:

"Choices" are the checkboxes. There was literally NOTHING telling you what they did. One had to guess.

And again: no, you are wrong. And I know that, because I didn't click anything before reading. What the box said was basically this:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/7/7c/Wizards_Vault_selection.jpg
And clearly it does say when the reset happens.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

No, you're wrong, it was 3:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily_(achievements)#WvW_2

Daily WvW Invasion Defender
Defeat enemy invaders in World vs. World.     [3 Enemy Invaders Killed ]

And again: no, you are wrong. And I know that, because I didn't click anything before reading. What the box said was basically this:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/7/7c/Wizards_Vault_selection.jpg

Please stop.

They must have changed it. Like I said, I never willingly chose it. It's been years since I attained it. Perhaps now I know why (getting one kill by accident would happen occasionally; getting three would be impossible for me).

That text explains nothing, exactly as I said. I happened to choose correctly, but it was only because I despise PvP and knew I would never darken the door of that realm. But others didn't know, and were then forced into all three game modes. Tell me how that text explains that little detail.

• Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Daddicus.6128 said:

They must have changed it.

Sorry, but nope.

5 minutes ago, Daddicus.6128 said:

Like I said, I never willingly chose it. It's been years since I attained it. Perhaps now I know why (getting one kill by accident would happen occasionally; getting three would be impossible for me).

That text explains nothing, exactly as I said. I happened to choose correctly, but it was only because I despise PvP and knew I would never darken the door of that realm. But others didn't know, and were then forced into all three game modes. Tell me how that text explains that little detail.

Oof. You quoted this post where I described what it said (and clearly, as evident by the screenshot, it said even more than what I wrote btw):

26 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

And you responded with this, in an attempt to negate that it said what I described it did:

19 minutes ago, Daddicus.6128 said:

Meanwhile the players didn't have to guess at all, because they were informed about the daily/weekly(monday) resets as well as the ability to pick their preferred modes. I don't know what you're trying to do here now, but the facts are rather clearly against what you're repeating. Oh well.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Daddicus.6128 said:

They must have changed it. Like I said, I never willingly chose it. It's been years since I attained it. Perhaps now I know why (getting one kill by accident would happen occasionally; getting three would be impossible for me).

It does explain what it's supposed to explain, it tells you to check what game mode you want your dailies/weeklies to be set in. It doesn't tell you what they're gonna be but we never had something like that, so it's not a downgrade or anything. Some people apparently experienced bugs with it but that's quite normal for a new release, for some time after the release the vault didn't even work, it just gave an error screen. 

• Like 1