I will not spend another cent on this game....

11 minutes ago, Abdiel.1274 said:

until you fix what you just broke.

I.........don't even want to get back in game.

I feel you man, I haven't spent a cent in probably 3 or 4 months, and will probably never spent another cent until I breath my last breathe. I'm glad I checked these forums, it seems the expac is not really that good. Glad I didn't buy it!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Gravitron.7982 said:

I feel you man, I haven't spent a cent in probably 3 or 4 months, and will probably never spent another cent until I breath my last breathe. I'm glad I checked these forums, it seems the expac is not really that good. Glad I didn't buy it!

So you rather trust random random people on the internet than try it yourself? Ok then 

• Like 4
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, MuscleBobBuffPants.1406 said:

rather trust lots of people on the forums, posts by the game developers, screenshots, videos, streams, reviews etc. etc. 

fixed that for you.

Lots of people, sure 🤣 the same few who cry all the time 

3 minutes ago, Gravitron.7982 said:

So instead I should spend money to find out I don't like it? That doesn't make any sense to me. 

It’s just 25€ and who knows maybe you like it? But yeah it’s of course easier to listen to other people’s opinions 

• Confused 5

Just now, vares.8457 said:

It’s just 25€ and who knows maybe you like it? But yeah it’s of course easier to listen to other people’s opinions 

Go check the reddit forums as well, oh are those people also just a "few".  🤣

1 minute ago, vares.8457 said:

It’s just 25€ and who knows maybe you like it?

No, don't reward bad behavior.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

It could cost $0.12 cents, I still wouldn't buy an incomplete product. 1/3 of everything they advertised is not actually available. But they aren't taking 1/3 off the price of admission, they want the full amount. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, MuscleBobBuffPants.1406 said:

Go check the reddit forums as well, oh are those people also just a "few".  🤣

Isn't the majority of the complaints on Reddit is that they don't like WV or the WV UI is wack? I keep scrolling, but that's all I see. On forums it's the same, "WV is bad, because I don't like it" and complaints about Anet daring to use "they".

You want to trust people who literally take their time to whine that their character is adressed as "they"?

1 minute ago, Gravitron.7982 said:

It could cost $0.12 cents, I still wouldn't buy an incomplete product. 1/3 of everything they advertised is not actually available. But they aren't taking 1/3 off the price of admission, they want the full amount. 

First time playing games in the last 5-6 years? They literally mentioned that there will be features added later.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Isn't the majority of the complaints on Reddit is that they don't like WV or the WV UI is wack? I keep scrolling, but that's all I see. On forums it's the same, "WV is bad, because I don't like it" and complaints about Anet daring to use "they".

You want to trust people who literally take their time to whine that their character is adressed as "they"?

First time playing games in the last 5-6 years? They literally mentioned that there will be features added later.

Is that how it was advertised?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

I think the majority of complaints over the past few weeks have included :

Relics, legendary relics and now crappy relic options

Re-used assets

Wizards Vault/Daily System is garbage

etc. etc.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, MuscleBobBuffPants.1406 said:

I think the majority of complaints over the past few weeks have included :

Relics, legendary relics and now crappy relic options

Re-used assets

Wizards Vault/Daily System is garbage

etc. etc.

And how many are complaining in those threads? If you have 5 threads with the same 10 people it's not magically 50 people. You're acting like the entire community is smashing the desk over Soto being bad while the threads each have 3-4 players arguing that "yes we are right soto bad". 

There was more whining surrounding the turtle and Dragon's End when EoD dropped.

If you want to quit then quit, if you don't buy Soto then don't, noone's interested in you repeating it over and over, especially not Anet, they won't be bothered by 10 people screaming around. 

All these "look at me" I'm not spending money on this game anymore until Anet does what I want threads achieve nothing. I have guildmates who whined they'll leave GW2, because EoD is like this or that and I see them playing even today. 
The louder the "I'm not playing this game anymore" is the more likely the person won't bother to leave and just continoues on playing.

12 minutes ago, Gravitron.7982 said:

Is that how it was advertised?

Yes.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

Just now, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

And how many are complaining in those threads? If you have 5 threads with the same 10 people it's not magically 50 people. You're acting like the entire community is smashing the desk over Soto being bad while the threads each have 3-4 players arguing that "yes we are right soto bad". 

Ah the ol go to argument for people who don't argue the bad points of the game or expansion, instead say "well it is just a small portion!", should I say the same thing it is just a small portion who like the expansion?  It is a complete strawman argument, but I feel confident in my theory and we will put it to the test, let's check those pre-order numbers and profit calls when they are released.

3 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

All these "look at me" I'm not spending money on this game anymore until Anet does what I want threads achieve nothing. I have guildmates who whined they'll leave GW2, because EoD is like this or that and I see them playing even today. 

I wouldn't recommend that you go into marketing or game design.  The more you burn through people's goodwill, the less they have it.  Like someone in an abusive relationship, and then one day they leave.  Not really a good strategy.  The Japanese even have an expression "read the air".  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

There was more whining surrounding the turtle and Dragon's End when EoD dropped.

If you want to quit then quit, if you don't buy Soto then don't, noone's interested in you repeating it over and over, especially not Anet, they won't be bothered by 10 people screaming around. 

The louder the "I'm not playing this game anymore" is the more likely the person won't bother to leave and just continoues on playing.

Yes.

We'll just wait and see what the sales for this expac look like when it hits their sales reports. 

• Confused 3

15 minutes ago, MuscleBobBuffPants.1406 said:

Ah the ol go to argument for people who don't argue the bad points of the game or expansion, instead say "well it is just a small portion!", should I say the same thing it is just a small portion who like the expansion?  It is a complete strawman argument, but I feel confident in my theory and we will put it to the test, let's check those pre-order numbers and profit calls when they are released.

I wouldn't recommend that you go into marketing or game design.  The more you burn through people's goodwill, the less they have it.  Like someone in an abusive relationship, and then one day they leave.  Not really a good strategy.  The Japanese even have an expression "read the air".  

You made it seem like everyone hates the new expansion, but I suppose if I mention how most of the complaints are just echoing "Soto bad" such arguments mean nothing. The problem with your analogy with abusive relationships is that such realitionships are abusing because, as their name implies there is abuse going on, you know, one hurts the others. Anet changing how systems work is not causing you harm. Anet also won't have issues with you leaving, something you are free to do whenever you want without consquences. You should also avoid going into marketing considering that your comparisons are rather lacking.

13 minutes ago, Gravitron.7982 said:

We'll just wait and see what the sales for this expac look like when it hits their sales reports. 

I've heard exactly this when people complained about EoD and before that when people complained about Champions. It's always going to ruin future sales, but strangely it hasn't done it so far, third time's the charm I suppose.

Edited by IAmNotMatthew.1058
typo
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3