As predicted, Rifts are as bad as the twitter post made them look

They take over quadruple the amount of time to spawn than it takes to kill them. They die in 5 seconds and pose zero challenge. You then have to channel again to close the rift, so the entire opening/closing interaction takes 5x as long as the actual fight with the enemy(that isn't even fun to begin with).

There's a reason you have events scale in this game since day1. Why did you decide to make "tier 1" content that doesn't scale?

• Like 15
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

The rift hunt mechanic is worse than the buried treasure event (which is universally disliked as it is), because by the time you reach the side of the map where the rift spawned it can be closed by other players, essentially sending you on a wild goose chase. Happened to me quite a few times. So much for respecting the player’s time. I never thought I would ever say this but I would rather farm PoF bounties that this train wreck (I hate bounties).

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Try higher tiers.. tier 1 from looks how fast everything dies is meant to be for soloing or groups with a few people. Tier 2 definetely isnt "they die in 5sec" and iv seen people die non stop on that one, and im pretty sure there are even more difficulty tiers. The only thing what is unclear is how relevant rewards are from those rifts and if you can make a good profit from it..

Edited by soul.9651
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Agree.  Exasperatingly boring, these new maps.

I'd rather farm repeatable Hero Challenges in other expansion maps.

Did notice the issue of flying clear across the zone only to have to turn around and fly clear across the zone only to have to turn around to fly half-way across the zone and finally get to a rift before it's closed by other players.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Scarlet invasions weren't fun in 2013 and they're still not fun 10 years later. Combining them with Transfer Chaser/Treasure Hunting Kit mechanics but less helpful just adds frustration. Players only did previous invasion-type events like the Awakened Portals once for the achievement points and then never again.

Edited by plasticzaku.5143
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

I don't understand why aren't rifts profitable at all. I have zero interest in new legendary armor, but all I get from meta events on both maps and rifts are materials for new legendary armor.

All I get from rifts is: Liquid karma, useless essence, one piece of common unidentified armor and XP (that's only reason why I even do it). Waypoint fees are more expensive than that. Let us buy materials for it or something.

• Like 1

They seem like the grind event for legendary armor. Playd only T1 and T2 - for story progression. And find them boring already. The typical "force yourself to do it to be finally done with it" stuff. For the mastery points and maybe AP from the permanent achievment(s) related to it. The one in the rift hunting section. Like 2 easy mastery Points I guess + the overall one where you need to close T1-T3 in each of the regions once. Might do these.

Then never doing rifts again. (Or maybe only doing the weekly selection where you can only do T1 ones.) Flying around looking for them is the most annoying part. Sometimes the red circle shows in the map. Other times you only have the visual hint from the rift scan skill and are forced to manually fly. (Won't do that. One being active when I pass by for other stuff - and I might join. That's how it works.)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1