qheal scrapper not viable in pve, cuz can't provid fury to a team

Noah Salazar.5430

relic of pack no longer gives fury, so qheal scrapper is only healer in game, that can't provid fury to a team witchout huge sacrifice in pve

to takes firearms for aoe fury, you need remove inventions (protection boon) or alchemy (might boon, 20% healing from med kit) 

rifle turret can give aoe fury, but to take rifle turret you need remove bulwark gyro (stab/projectile block), or blast gyro ( way to generate aoe might from blast/aoe stunbreak) or Elixir gun ( x3 hgh elixir skills), 5 condi cleanse, and 1 healing skill

Please consider adding relic that gives aoe fury to make qheal scrapper viable in pve

Other options are reworking Comback Cure to give fury insted of regen, some other way then condi cleanse

or adding fury to Kinetic Accelerators like it is in pvp/wvw

even addin fury just to blast gyro culd work

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Yaki.9563 said:

Then why run any healer since there are plenty of qdps and adps that provide all the offensive boons.

that's exactly the point!

healers are only run because of their extreme role compression. if you take anything away, no one will run them. we've already seen this with healers like old healscourge, heal vindicator, and so on, where if they don't provide alacrity or quickness they get kicked.

taking away might and fury will have the same effect, as they're just as important to have.

if you wanted to take away all offensive boons from healers, then you'd have to make them all provide barrier and copious amounts of protection, resolution, stability and reflects to make up for it, so that groups would still take them. basically, firebrand and machinist across the board.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Thanks 1

On 8/26/2023 at 11:16 PM, Curennos.9307 said:

Why not add some AoE fury to shredder, purge, or bulwark gyro. Or heck add it to blast gyro, it already is the designated offensive one.

Good idea,  kinda like mechanist f3 that have might+fury binded togheter

• Noah Salazar.5430 changed the title to qheal scrapper not viable in pve, cuz can't provid fury to a team

I mean of course it doesn't need to provide fury. It's fine if your other DPS support can handle it and some DPS support and rarely DPS. If you say that qheal Scrapper can't provide fury to a team, then HAT cannot do the same if you do not take the one trait in Air. But I don't think providing fury to a team is a problem.

Scrapper quickheal suffers a lot because of its clunkiness ever since they changed it to blast/leaps for quick. The quick uptime doesn't feel that great and you have to press two buttons (combo + something) to give quick out. You are essentially kind of forced to take blast/leaps just to provide quick. It's kind of similar to jailing to gyros, but at least that system was better IMO. Why put in more effort when another class can press one button to provide quick?

Also similar reasons why Quick Scrapper is dead even with the changes. We tried to tell Anet to fix this since it is clunky. Nope, nothing. Still hoping they backpeddle and make something better for quick application on scrapper.

• Confused 1

The quick uptime doesn't feel that great 

what, you can stack it to 32sec, and perrm quick outside combat toogheter with perm 25 might (no alac)

forced to take blast/leaps just to provide quick/Why put in more effort when another class can press one button to provide

you blast out of blast gyro as part of might rotation

blast gyro have fire field, and when you blast in fire field, you give aoe 3 might

that way if you use acid bomb->weapon swap to cancel back dash, shield 4, and infusion bomb, it's 9 might

9+13might from blast gyro itself= 22 aoe might +hgh 

Please enlighten me, wher blasting is a problem, wher your doing it anyway to upkeep might

It's fine if your other DPS support can handle it

dps alac support brings around 60-70% duration of fury unles it's pam

I mean of course it doesn't need to provide fury

you can take other healer that dose, or specialy serching for power engi dps (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/No_Scope)/ pam

but why to have limitations like that

Why can't you just play with others on equal terms to heal quick herald or hfb

I think this is one the problems with modern GW2, the whole point in the boon system is that you aren't supposed to bring literally everything or else why even have a boon system, if everyone always brings everything you could just remove the entire boon system and there would be no difference.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

I think this is one the problems with modern GW2, the whole point in the boon system is that you aren't supposed to bring literally everything or else why even have a boon system, if everyone always brings everything you could just remove the entire boon system and there would be no difference.

This. I don't like how one class needs to bring everything to the table. It does make it easier if one does all but then you are relying on that healer to do everything in the game.

Anet is trying to drive away from the compressed boonroles for a reason. They did it already with might/fury generation. A lot of it was self-greed in the past and thus made the scenario that healers bring everything and the boonDPS is just either quick/alac and maybe something else.

There is one thing I can agree (not sure who else), swiftness is so important. It feels so slow if you don't have this. If you aren't providing swift, then it is making things feel slower in a sense. And some classes rely on swift for DPS so that's another issue.

But it does go back to an issue that someone brought out years ago. Boons are a problem.

As for might/quick generation on a heal scrap, maybe it's good. Maybe it isn't. I tried it a few times. Maybe it wasn't great on certain fights when I playtested it. Maybe it was great and fine on some fights. But what it feels like it isn't great is due to the fact that you need to blast/leap in a combo field to generate your quick uptime. This is what makes the class clunky/finicky to play. It's the worse. It isn't smooth. It feels not fun. It feels.. whatever words you want to put here that is negative.

Speaking of fury generation. It does have fury generation but it comes at a sacrifice and forcing to take a utility to go with it. This is taking Experimental Turrets trait + Rifle Turret (honestly, this is bad uptime). IT'S TERRIBLE but it is something. This is a sacrifice you have to make if you want less healing for a boon. I'm not entirely sure about the quick uptime if you go this route since I haven't fully playtested healscrap. I pretty much don't like the flow and playstyle as it currently stands.

I can agree with one thing. qScrap in PvE isn't viable anymore . Why put in more work to blast/leap when other classes are far superior? It's dead in the waters as of right now. Maybe if they backpeddle with quick application and go with a different route, maybe it will be great again. This is what Anet should do to fix qScrapper. Rethink quick application that isn't a clunky mess.

Edited by oCynder.5136
  • Like 1

As for might/quick generation on a heal scrap, maybe it's good. Maybe it isn't. I tried it a few times. Maybe it wasn't great on certain fights when I playtested it

I play qheal scraper from w1-w4+w7 (as qheal tank/ or just qheal), and cm fractals/strikes, thers no bad fights for me, maybe i  got used to blasts/leaps from my 2,5y of playing this game as mainly scrapper (i can make might rotation+quicknes while moving)

IT'S TERRIBLE but it is something. This is a sacrifice you have to make if you want less healing for a boon.

when your taking only 1 trait (as rest is usless for healer), then it's bad design, firearms are more for dps support

Best solution wuld be to give fury to blast gyro, as only scrapper have problem with fury

->ham got barrier burst that is might+fury in one skill

->holosmith got hard light arena (fury+protection+regen)

-> Scrapper have just might

when other classes are far superior? It's dead in the waters as of right now.

it's only lack fury, other thinks are on equal terms 

qheal scrapper is superion in healing compare to hfb, and have better heal radious/range options then herald

scrapper got also range 3ppl ress with short cd, and aoe blind/chill, and stealth to skip mobs/jp, then portal team 

S+ for t4+cms fractals (35% dmg migraton, aoe weaknes, aoe blind, aoe chillned, superspeed+stealth to skip jp for team, or tp them to end with portal)

A for Strikes (superspeed helps alot on split mechanics)

B for Raids (ham is more flexable for pusher/kiter role)

I agree it is bad design if you take a terrible design to provide fury. It does feel awful and unreliable at times.

I can say the same for HAT as well where you have to take a trait to provide fury or else you provide none (unless you are looking to copy from warhorn fire 4 if someone gives you a terrible fury uptime). It's a lose/lose situation as well with the bad design.

I still stand by my opinion how terrible qScrap (boondps or healer) with the design they went with. But if they want to give it fury, they can easily slap fury generation with the quick trait or something. Make it worthwhile.

your only choice now is to bring the traited rifle turret. there's no sense in feeling "weird" about it, as it works just fine., and you get permanent fury from a single pulse, so as long as it pulses twice before being blowing it up, movement isn't a problem.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeiAk6lNweYNsD2JeqTvtSA-DSRYqBl/q0wQGlRqJQ1FguXEYxvNLoC-e

you can swap the cleansing gyro out for bulwark gyro and gain stability, and an extra reflect, but combo fields will be tighter. when running this variant i also recommend replacing relic of the monk with relic of lyhr, and the elite with mortar kit.:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeiAk6lNwcYNsDWKeqTvtSA-DSRYqBl/q0wQGlRqJQ1Fgu3DYxvNLoC-e

now tell me, what part of this isn't viable?

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 1