I'm seeing alot of negative comments, some have valid points, others are just resistant to change.

I'm having fun though.  This topic is for what the positives are.  I'll start with two I see:

1. The new starting map.  Love it.  Interesting with multi-level areas each with a different theme from an existing area of Tyria.  Like Jahai Bluffs but with more variety and no base desert theme.  Did they re-use assets?  I hope so, otherwise it's taking up more hard drive space than it needs to.  Do I care?  No.  It's fun to fly around in.  I like the feel of it.

2. The new daily system.  I feel like I'm one of the few that sees this as a positive.  I seem to be getting way more value for time spent doing dailies at least as far as gold goes.  I also have an entire selection of rewards whereas before it was 2 gold and something I may not need.  I gobbled up gold the first day.  I think I'm going to save up for a skin or something next though.  I truly don't get why it's being slammed.

There's more but I'm curious as to what other people are really liking about it that I maybe haven't seen yet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Thunder.4869 said:

I'm seeing alot of negative comments, some have valid points, others are just resistant to change.

I'm having fun though.  This topic is for what the positives are.  I'll start with two I see:

1. The new starting map.  Love it.  Interesting with multi-level areas each with a different theme from an existing area of Tyria.  Like Jahai Bluffs but with more variety and no base desert theme.  Did they re-use assets?  I hope so, otherwise it's taking up more hard drive space than it needs to.  Do I care?  No.  It's fun to fly around in.  I like the feel of it.

2. The new daily system.  I feel like I'm one of the few that sees this as a positive.  I seem to be getting way more value for time spent doing dailies at least as far as gold goes.  I also have an entire selection of rewards whereas before it was 2 gold and something I may not need.  I gobbled up gold the first day.  I think I'm going to save up for a skin or something next though.  I truly don't get why it's being slammed.

There's more but I'm curious as to what other people are really liking about it that I maybe haven't seen yet.

I like the ability to pick and choose what I want to get for completing dailies (and weeklies). But its a mixed bag as I am being assigned dailies and weeklies that I am not inclined to play. Further my friends and guildies are being assigned different tasks than I and so we feel that we are being encouraged to stop playing together. Overall the new daily system is a net loss (in my circle) because it is designed to discourage players from social play and from participating. ANet is actively offering to pay me to give up enjoying the game. That is a bad idea because rewards only go so far towards keeping players around. 

That said, I think that the addition of ascended gear to the Vault is fantastic. It doesn't benefit me personally but its great to see a fast lane to BiS gear. I managed to finish my dailies and weeklies yesterday and earned enough AA to get two ascended armor boxes.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I like the ability to pick and choose what I want to get for completing dailies (and weeklies). But its a mixed bag as I am being assigned dailies and weeklies that I am not inclined to play. Further my friends and guildies are being assigned different tasks than I and so we feel that we are being encouraged to stop playing together. Overall the new daily system is a net loss (in my circle) because it is designed to discourage players from social play and from participating. ANet is actively offering to pay me to give up enjoying the game. That is a bad idea because rewards only go so far towards keeping players around. 

That said, I think that the addition of ascended gear to the Vault is fantastic. It doesn't benefit me personally but its great to see a fast lane to BiS gear. I managed to finish my dailies and weeklies yesterday and earned enough AA to get two ascended armor boxes.

Ah.  I'm primarily a solo player so being assigned different tasks hasn't affected me yet.  Valid point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thunder.4869 said:

Ah.  I'm primarily a solo player so being assigned different tasks hasn't affected me yet.  Valid point.

Yeah, primarily solo as well...but my guild tries to do dailies together at least a few times per week. Its a nice change of pace from just running around alone.

• Like 4

I also primarily solo but I do try to do dailies with someone. We already haven't been able to both get credit for each of their dailies since they're not level 80. Even though I have a dedicated toon to level with them, I get a some too-high-level dailies that can't be done on that toon or with them. But at least half the time there have been one or two that match up, with the old system.

I do think that the art and landscapes in this game are fantastic. I haven't seen the new zone yet but I expect it won't disappoint. 

After reading through the complaint-topics, I would say that ~ 80 % of those 'bad' things were player-requests of the past years. From my perspective, it looks like they have implemented more player-requests than ever before. We can talk about that in a separate thread, when people are interested. But currently, this topic is quite heated. 

The map is nicely designed. Again they have listened to player-feedback here and created the 'fractals' with our improvement-suggestions/complaints in mind. Even the structure of the map, although it is vertical, follows the request of being easier to navigate. The different levels are chained behind one another, with stairs and only a few structures which are exactly above one another.

The story is surprisingly good. Zojia is an excellent choice this time. I also like the slightly different voice compared to the core-game. 

Relics, although very limited, offer some new variations for existing builds. With the rune-stats and the relics being separated, trying out new special effects is finally easier and cheaper. Could use more relics asap, especially the community-favorites.

The daily-currency with selectable items/unlocks is really nice. No longer being force to take trash I'll never use anyway. 

And the mastery system with its benefits for people who already have the original masteries unlocked.

There is room for improvements, but so far I am surprised in a positive way. It plays better than the patch-notes looked.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thunder.4869 said:

The new daily system seems great in terms of rewards.

My issues with it are entirely around the big drop in ways of engaging with it. Way less choice, it's no longer possible to do WvW or PvP dailies on a whim (you either have them on and get lots of them you must do for max reward, or you have them off and never get any), inability to do dailies with friends/family/guildmates, and getting assigned dailies in future expansion maps which you haven't reached story wise.

The latter really irks me - because there is no flexibility to choose which dailies you do, if there is one assigned daily I can't do because it's in EoD or SOTO which I haven't reached yet story wise then I can only do 2 out of 3 and my daily rewards plummet from 65 AA to 25 AA. I get a > 60% penalty in rewards because I purchased EoD and SOTO before I reached them in the story - why would Anet penalize me for giving them money before I needed to? It's completely backwards.