SotO Is so good and People need to stop complaining

3 hours ago, wolonggong.3469 said:

Most have.

Anet announced in 2018 that the game sold over 5,000,000 copies. This game does not have 1/10th that number playing and they have sold millions more copies since then. You know who does have millions of player that PAY to play? WoW. Players like you are the worst kind. You dismiss complaints as being meaningless yet those are the reasons why this game is not the biggest game there is, with the most players, with more money being made by the company to make the game bigger, faster.

No game is perfect, all can be improved and the best way Anet can do that is by removing posts like yours so they can focus on posts that actually matter.

Raph Koster (UO, SWG, EQ2 developer), speaking at a Games Developer Conference "Everyone who dislikes your work is right.

This is the hardest pill to swallow. I’ve never gotten a piece of feedback that was wrong. You see, you can’t deny a player their unique experience. Whatever they felt, was true. For them. And something in your work triggered it. It is useless, and worse, actually self-defeating, to attempt to deny the critique. Sure, there are sometimes reviews that seem spiteful, unfair, and the rest. But the vast majority of the time, people are giving their honest reaction.

People make games for different reasons. Some do it just because it is fun. Some do it as a form of personal expression. Some have a message to get across, and some are out to make money to put food on the table. Whatever your goal is, doing it better is held in common. That sense of craftsmanship is the common ground that unites us all. Do what you do better, serve the work better, and you get to do it again. That means there are two aspects of your work that you want to hear about the most. What you did right, and what you did wrong."

Nail on the head right there.

I remember years ago ummin' and ahing over whether or not I should play GW2 or WoW. The reason I opted for GW2 was because I'd played a bit of GW1 (not a particularly positive experience at the time but revisiting years later I enjoyed some of it) was mostly because I didn't know a great deal of the lore of WoW, there were like a billion expansions already all with a heavy price tag and a subscription fee on top and me being late to the game of course. Compared to the limited experience I had with GW1 and fact GW2 had only been out perhaps less than I year, no subs, etc I went in. Oh dear. That didn't work out very well and is probably why I've loved GW2 and hated it in equal measure since it's release. What is disgusting though is that WoW has a subscription AND has a cosmetics store. That's so unbelievably wrong and I'd never support that. Had I played WoW first I'd have been furious. I'm tired of the excuse "optional" - that's just psychological manipulation right there. If Anet ever added a subscription it'd be the time I drop the game immediately simply because I've already put so much money into the game already and I don't feel I get much out of it - recycled content, repeat metas, crap loot, unfinished or dead areas, and also compared to whales and those who play nothing but one game. And the excuse that in GW2 you don't have to worry about builds... you can come back later and pick up right where you left off. Well yes, technically, but no because Anet keeps pissing around with builds that facilitates rebuilding yours and if you're strapped for time and money like I am, that gets annoying real fast. If I'd started WoW from the beginning, I think gameplay wise and quest wise, I'd have been happier... until those so-called optional money-grabbing cosmetics came by.

I miss traditional MMOs but there is fun to be had in GW2 sometimes. The thing that irritated me the most over the years is the blatant disregard towards bug fixing, QoL, UI improvements and polish and the community which isn't as gleamingly beautiful and welcoming as everyone makes them out to be. Negative thing to say about GW2? DIE! Point out a problem? DIE! - So much kitten in GW2 is broken and if you mention it the community attacks you, meanwhile Anet are still busy churching out skins that look better than 99% of all in-game rewards despite the fact you've spent a ton of money on in-game upgrades, utilities, trinkets, and the expansions themselves (which have now become mini expansions that cost more and give you less).

Forgot to mention Anet's total disregard to express a real stance on third party tools and the PLAGUE OF BOTS/IDLE farmers EVERRRRYYYWHERE that Anet routinely ignores (I'm still aware of a well-known botter who has multiple accounts in the same area who has been there since PoF released). Maybe they're keeping them around to prop up numbers? Go take a look at Modri Caverns btw... over the years it's gotten 100x worse. Almost every ledge has idle farmers and botters and it's sort of embarrassing - but NOPE, DIEEEE NAYSAYER! GW2 PERFECT! MAN BAD!

I'll buy SotO one day, when it's half price... three or four years from now.

(P.S, a company doesn't get a pat on the back for adding QoL a decade after the game is released and the existence of third party grey area tools doesn't excuse that).

Edited by Holgarf.6581
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

RE Post title... that's just not been my experience.  Could be that it released after BG3 (which is an OUTSTANDING game) and before Starfield (which will also drain my time) but I'm not finding it compelling and have struggled to find the motivation to finish the story.

The maps added are ok (done both the metas and unlocked all the waypoints), it seems weird that the most effort by the maps team seems to be put into the wizard's palace where you spend the least of your time (asset design vs usage decision boggles). I'm chugging through the story simply because I want more flying masteries for the Griffon, but not enjoying it. Various changes at rollout (runes/relics, dailies/wvault) haven't appealed to me for the same reasons as others have said (I do like that you have to work for WV rewards rather than just log in and collect things on 10+ alt accounts as some people did, but lack of choice and co-op vs old system sucks). I can use other weapons now, but that just feels like it's breaking a bunch of old paradigms for the sake of being edgy (woot, pistol scourge, I am an edgelord!). 

Generally speaking while it's not DOA it doesn't feel like a great expansion at this point, even keeping in mind this is the first of four installments on it - the maps/story aren't really grabbing me the way, say, mounts in POF did and the negative changes in runes/dailies at launch aren't balanced out leaving the overall experience subpar. I'll probably check back in a few months, I was hoping to at least finish the story before Starfield but I just can't find any motivation to do so.

Edited by Gaeb.2837
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

On 8/23/2023 at 9:53 PM, LolzImSquishy.4978 said:

It's the same thing every expac. People get hype, buy it, play it, and then when things change they cry. "Oh I don't like it its new and it ruins the game". No, nothing they've done has ruined the game. Your builds aren't all special anymore? Ooof I guess? I also worked hundreds of hours on builds. I'll work on them some more to see what works! Dailies changed? Who cares? The new system is cool, I like it, and it doesn't feel bad. So many people mad about changes THEY TOLD US ABOUT. They told us and y'all are mad? SotO is SO GOOD. EoD was SO GOOD. Why can't people play the game without complaining about every last thing. Every expac I have to block SO many people. Because instead of letting us enjoy the game, SOME are determined to ram into our brains that Anet is bad and its all garbage. AGREE TO DISAGREE. It's been amazing and I can't wait to see what comes next. Shush haters. Let Anet pump out more garbage if thats what this is because I'm loving it all 😄
Thank you Anet for your hard work and dedication to this game. For some of us, we see you and that love. I feel bad for those who worked on it, who were excited about it and now are seeing the hate. PLEASE see this message from me as a love letter if you would and know that there are those who love this game and play it too. 

Thats what ALL addicted ppl say. All ppl who are addicted to something would say its “good” for them. If this is not the case. Then you must be a very rich player ingame or has very good loot drops. Or new player. 

ohw and one more thing. This is the same with other quality things. If you Never experienced something better then what you are actually using is the best for you because there is nothing to compare. 

maybe ppl complaining because the once so great game is slowly going to maintenance mode. Their once so loved game gets ruined. Thats always sad if something get ruined. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

20 hours ago, Assolador.3598 said:

slowly dying 😞

I did say this content drop was a winding down of GW2, no matter how much it is dressed up. I think a lot of people feared that and clued into it, but, nothing good... good lol, lasts forever.

Just think with GW3, we can have fewer of the same voice actors (still pissed about Rox and Canach btw), more microtransactions than ever before, more inventory clutter (still waiting for a FREE tackle box, Anet...) and more checklists to work through. It'll be a hoot 🤣

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 8/28/2023 at 5:22 AM, wolonggong.3469 said:

Most have.

Anet announced in 2018 that the game sold over 5,000,000 copies. This game does not have 1/10th that number playing and they have sold millions more copies since then. You know who does have millions of player that PAY to play? WoW. Players like you are the worst kind. You dismiss complaints as being meaningless yet those are the reasons why this game is not the biggest game there is, with the most players, with more money being made by the company to make the game bigger, faster.

No game is perfect, all can be improved and the best way Anet can do that is by removing posts like yours so they can focus on posts that actually matter.

Raph Koster (UO, SWG, EQ2 developer), speaking at a Games Developer Conference "Everyone who dislikes your work is right.

This is the hardest pill to swallow. I’ve never gotten a piece of feedback that was wrong. You see, you can’t deny a player their unique experience. Whatever they felt, was true. For them. And something in your work triggered it. It is useless, and worse, actually self-defeating, to attempt to deny the critique. Sure, there are sometimes reviews that seem spiteful, unfair, and the rest. But the vast majority of the time, people are giving their honest reaction.

People make games for different reasons. Some do it just because it is fun. Some do it as a form of personal expression. Some have a message to get across, and some are out to make money to put food on the table. Whatever your goal is, doing it better is held in common. That sense of craftsmanship is the common ground that unites us all. Do what you do better, serve the work better, and you get to do it again. That means there are two aspects of your work that you want to hear about the most. What you did right, and what you did wrong."

Amen. Couldn't have said it better myself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

I looooooooooove the expansion. I'm having lots of fun with it and it keeps me engaged. I love the Wizards vault as well. I was able to get mats I needed to complete armor without struggling around to get certain materials. Im very happy with it ❤️

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

On 8/24/2023 at 4:00 AM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

@LolzImSquishy.4978 I'm really glad you're enjoying SotO! I want to thank you for sharing that you like the expansion--the good feedback is necessary to hear so we know what people like and want more of, plus I'm gonna be real honest: It's fun to read. 🙂 

Criticism is absolutely needed as well though--it's part of how we keep making the game better and better--so I also want to thank those of you who are taking your time to constructively outline what you want to see improved, and let you know that I am continuing to read through a lot of feedback and pass it to various teams. I appreciate all of you who are contributing constructively! 

Thank you for paying attention to the forums!

The expansion seems good up to now with very few but very important issues:

1) Dailies should have way more choices to pick from (I mean seriously the plus one you are planning is nothing). Cap the AA we get to the first 3 and let us choose out of let's say 9 total. I have abandoned WvW completely because of this.

2) Your techs should look into Amnytas and the choppy fps performance we are getting. Something really stupid is going in at the map.

3) Relics need to seriously be reworked and quickly expanded (bring back the old tier 6 effects please?!?!?!). And for the love of all that is holy their tooltips are non existent! I mean IKEA assembling leaflets look like an encyclopedia compared to them!

4) Please do fix bugs. It's very veeeeeeery bad having to do Crab Toss as a daily (with no other choice provided - baaaaaaaaaad thing) and just hang around in a 50 meter diameter arena fiddling your fingers till the timer goes off. I mean imagine the impression upon both new people and longstanding fans. That points to a bad quality game that GW2 is not.

Thank you for your time and effort, please keep improving the game!

Edited by gousgou.5438

9 hours ago, gousgou.5438 said:

Thank you for paying attention to the forums!

The expansion seems good up to now with very few but very important issues:

1) Dailies should have way more choices to pick from (I mean seriously the plus one you are planning is nothing). Cap the AA we get to the first 3 and let us choose out of let's say 9 total. I have abandoned WvW completely because of this.

2) Your techs should look into Amnytas and the choppy fps performance we are getting. Something really stupid is going in at the map.

3) Relics need to seriously be reworked and quickly expanded (bring back the old tier 6 effects please?!?!?!). And for the love of all that is holy their tooltips are non existent! I mean IKEA assembling leaflets look like an encyclopedia compared to them!

4) Please do fix bugs. It's very veeeeeeery bad having to do Crab Toss as a daily (with no other choice provided - baaaaaaaaaad thing) and just hang around in a 50 meter diameter arena fiddling your fingers till the timer goes off. I mean imagine the impression upon both new people and longstanding fans. That points to a bad quality game that GW2 is not.

Thank you for your time and effort, please keep improving the game!

You want bug fixes? LOL, good luck with that. Anet are basically Bethesda at this point.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I commented on a post a day or so ago stating I wouldn't get the expansion this time. Well, I caved and bought it earlier since I have nothing else going on and wanted something to do in the game. First impression was surprisingly good, despite the whole creepy "Hell" vibes going on. The first map is gorgeous, and has become my favorite map in the game. I love using the flying mounts, especially the Griffon to have fun and cover a lot of area quickly. I admit I judged it before even stepping foot into the expansion, but I was worried this content would be very rushed and sloppy. Good job Anet, I look forward to the rest of the story.

Edited by Caitybee.3614
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Witch Engine.2305 said:

To shill for your favorite game 😆. There's alot of this on the FF14 subreddit.

OP if it makes you feel better, feedback is good for the game, lots of people are making solid points.

I've seen a lot of valid criticism being undercut by people just straight up making stuff up though. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Eekasqueak.7850 said:

Threads claiming the maps are all dead, or people calling the vault predatory, claiming the game is in "maintenance mode" etc

That's not making things up, that's entirely subjective and subjective truths are usually based on experiences, and "dead" as you should know, is relative.

• Like 1