Valdhertz crypts (mini-dungeon) still bugged and is now a daily?

36 minutes ago, oCynder.5136 said:

Thing is we probably don't get anything until monday unless they magically work late or on weekends.

This is absurd doing minidungeons and they don't fix bugs and leave it. I hope they compensate for the 10 lost of AP and other stuff for this daily or at least give us more options to do 4/4 dailies rather just hardstuck 4 terrible dailies.

This issue was brought up in the forums before Friday night. Valdhertz Crypts popped up earlier this week for some, including my alt account. I'm guessing that this issue just wasn't a priority during the week of the xpac. Considering that they decided to force something that has been bugged for over a year without a fix, though, I am of the opinion that they have no valid excuses for this.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, oCynder.5136 said:

Thing is we probably don't get anything until monday unless they magically work late or on weekends.

This is absurd doing minidungeons and they don't fix bugs and leave it. I hope they compensate for the 10 lost of AP and other stuff for this daily or at least give us more options to do 4/4 dailies rather just hardstuck 4 terrible dailies.

It's actually 40 lost AA (and I suppose also 10 AP for those not yet at cap).  Over the course of the next 71 days that might just be a minor glitch in buying up all the Wizard Vault items desired, but in the first few days of collecting out of a large batch of items it feels frustrating.  We'll see what they say on Monday about this, if anything, as no matter how annoying it is to lose the AA it hasn't broken the game or the economy enough to need emergency weekend action.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I don't know who thought it was a good idea to use a temperamental dungeon as a daily but it wasn't. Currently in a squad where people are trying to convince others to please leave the place so it resets and of course that is working as well as expected.

I can count on a couple of hands the number of times I missed doing the daily, I am a little obsessive when it comes to stuff like that, and if this is the way it is going to be going forward, never knowing when you can't complete something because you have to do 4/4 even if one if comprehensively broken? Might be time for another 7 year break.

• Like 4

Pounded my head against this daily for a couple hours tonight. If every character leaves a bugged dungeon, it will reset after a few minutes. 

Running through it again, but being extra careful to let all dialogue complete and only attack NPCs AFTER they attack you, it is indeed possible to complete this. This requires way more patience and coordination than a daily should, but just wanted to point out that it is actually possible!

(anet, please still fix this)

(and add more dailies to choose from so the next time one is bugged we can do a different one!)

• Like 4

Bumping this thread. Arenanet are forcing us to do less popular content or even fast forward into zones and expansions newer/returning players haven't even touched by making the daily meta achievement 4 out of 4. I can accept that if the objectives we are tasked with have a miniscule chance of bugging out. But this dungeon (and with it the daily/weekly task) is just not that. I've been through at least 4 map instances (all bugged) and joined a squad that collected all bugged instance IPs. It was already at 6 of those.

Please do better ArenaNet!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, oCynder.5136 said:

This. Please give us more options!

• Like 3

Just now, nitemsg.4537 said:

Does that mean that people with no EoD can't do the dailies ?

Your dailies are always selected from all the expansions you own and the content type you selected. Those that own all expansions and selected PvE only have this minidungeon today.

• Like 2

Haven't done this md in ages, it's boring plus it have lots of bugs and now it's stuck at rooms because mobs don't spawn or don't die? This is total mess that proves they did not test it at all, also why there is only 4 dailies a day that requires you to do them all and there is no way of getting an "alterative route" for one of them? This Valdhertz Crypts minidungeon being stuck is a sign of ANet's laziness.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TopHatTurtle.7530 said:

This was probably just a mistake, which happens. But there needs to be more dailies per day so that we have the option, even just one additional daily would have alleviated this mistake.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't on purpose, but there are so many completely avoidable mistakes they made with SotO, four daily objectives in the Vault only being one of them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a lore junkie, I love the story and all the lore we got with that release, and the new maps are fun to play, but there's SO MUCH falling under "decent idea, absolutely terrible execution, nobody should ever have let that get through QA", it just feels like SotO was released half a year too early.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Icarium.5863 said:

Pounded my head against this daily for a couple hours tonight. If every character leaves a bugged dungeon, it will reset after a few minutes. 

It's a daily, and since there's always some people who have chat muted/don't read for whatever reason there's no way you're gonna get this done unless you play on really odd hours.

The best hope currently is getting in a new instance, and be one of the first to complete it, without it bugging out (which is unlikely anyway).

Since it's weekend I just suppose they won't notice or fix this and we can't get our daily.

• Like 2