Returnee back to weaver - Question whats the best sPvP spec right now?

chaoslordlol.3165

Hello! I have returned after a year pretty much into the new xpac. 

I used to play Sword / Dagger power weaver which seems to be kind of sort of dead right now especially compared to different classes like soulbeast and vindi :x 

So my question is simple whats our current best sPvP spec and if you could provide me some guidance or a guide so I can learn it would really appreciate it!

my advise:  RUN!  

This games pvp is a burning dumpsterfire and anet doesnt give a fk.  Soulbeast is so incredibly overtuned right now... its not even funny.

They have a skill that uses the PvE Damage values, and thus can people straightup oneshot. I deals more than double the damage of comparable skills... People have been complaining about it nonstop..... yet there isnt even a mention of it in the patchnotes.

There is obviously broken stuff inside of PvP that makes any sort of competitive gaming impossible.  Yet... they dont patch it.....     

BUT HEYYY!!! LOOK IN THE GEMSTORE!   BUY OUR NEW EXPANSION!

This games PvP is beyond dead.

Look for another game.  I am dead serious.  

This games PvE is fine... but sPvP is beyond dead and noone gives a fk anymore.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

my advise:  RUN!  

This games pvp is a burning dumpsterfire and anet doesnt give a fk.  Soulbeast is so incredibly overtuned right now... its not even funny.

They have a skill that uses the PvE Damage values, and thus can people straightup oneshot. I deals more than double the damage of comparable skills... People have been complaining about it nonstop..... yet there isnt even a mention of it in the patchnotes.

There is obviously broken stuff inside of PvP that makes any sort of competitive gaming impossible.  Yet... they dont patch it.....     

BUT HEYYY!!! LOOK IN THE GEMSTORE!   BUY OUR NEW EXPANSION!

This games PvP is beyond dead.

Look for another game.  I am dead serious.

Appreciate the kindness and dead honesty ! I come from a even more broken game so im fine with that lol. Im a New World enjoyer but wanted to give it a break to play through the new story of GW 2 and ocassionaly PvP. After getting my head banged as SW/D weaver I though I guess I need to try catalyst as well since it seems to be the competitive build. After seeing it got nerfed nerfed and nerfed ( I guess the elementalist situation never changes its constant nerfs left and right ever since release xDD) 

But even though we are right now in a dumpsterfire of immesurable intensity. Id still love to know whats probably the best thing I can do right now for sPvP outside of setting my PC on fire because its infected with GW 2 

13 minutes ago, chaoslordlol.3165 said:

Appreciate the kindness and dead honesty ! I come from a even more broken game so im fine with that lol. Im a New World enjoyer but wanted to give it a break to play through the new story of GW 2 and ocassionaly PvP. After getting my head banged as SW/D weaver I though I guess I need to try catalyst as well since it seems to be the competitive build. After seeing it got nerfed nerfed and nerfed ( I guess the elementalist situation never changes its constant nerfs left and right ever since release xDD) 

But even though we are right now in a dumpsterfire of immesurable intensity. Id still love to know whats probably the best thing I can do right now for sPvP outside of setting my PC on fire because its infected with GW 2 

your like 2 months late to the party....  Anet managed to create the "Be-all-end-all" Elementalist with Catalyst.  

It was so broken that you could literally not die to anything, when you were running the Signet catalyst.

People won tournaments by running it 5 times.... And they then nerfed it completly into the dumpster.

Your best bet is to simply run a soubeast.. the f1 skill from the juvenile Boar can literally oneshot people right now.....  if that is fun for you.....  then enjoy gw2 pvp.

Also Shortbowvindicator....  that thing is also busted af.

how to play them:  go on metabattle.com or Guildjen.com    ->  copy paste the build.      -> now you tap to select a target, and then you smack your forehead on the keyboard as hard and fast as you can. 

I am dead serious xD   for example:  pick the "condizerker" from Metabattle.... dont even bother to read your traits or skills... jsut for science reasons.   Then you jump into a game and just press every button the second they become ready.   Youll win most duells.  

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

12 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

your like 2 months late to the party....  Anet managed to create the "Be-all-end-all" Elementalist with Catalyst.  

It was so broken that you could literally not die to anything, when you were running the Signet catalyst.

People won tournaments by running it 5 times.... And they then nerfed it completly into the dumpster.

Your best bet is to simply run a soubeast.. the f1 skill from the juvenile Boar can literally oneshot people right now.....  if that is fun for you.....  then enjoy gw2 pvp.

how to play them:  go on metabattle.com or Guildjen.com    ->  copy paste the build.      -> now you tap to select a target, and then you smack your forehead on the keyboard as hard and fast as you can. 

I am dead serious xD   for example:  pick the "condizerker" from Metabattle.... dont even bother to read your traits or skills... jsut for science reasons.   Then you jump into a game and just press every button the second they become ready.   Youll win most duells.  

Thats very unfortunate. 

But good news I think I found my build for the current meta. Its back to the one shot meta so im playing Scepter / Warhorn Weaver with zerker amulet. 

Im enjoying so much killing soulbeasts instantly.

I still play and enjoy sw/d weaver. Its squishy and vulnerable to CC's but using a sigil of energy for more dodges, using many evades skills to avoid damage and leaps (to run away!) I can manage to survive and mostly its really fun and dynamic to play. Not sure if a water arcane weaver build with cele/trailblazer is top choice but I still do crazy things with it. I die alot but the fun is there for sure and that is what matter the most to me. For roaming I think it still a very good choice because of the aoe's skills and the high mobility.

Btw I'm not sure about spvp but in WvW it's still fine to me.

Edited by manu.7539

Signet Catalyst (fire/earth/cata) with scepter/focus is still a very solid build.

A similar approach with hammer tempest also works well (fire/earth/tempest), supper durable and with nice aoe pressure.

Staff support tempest (water/x/tempest - x earth for more defense, x fire for more condi removal, x arcane for revives) is also a nice one to have on the team.

The zerker FA catalyst build, or a d/d duelist are all still viable in some way.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2023 at 4:04 PM, Svpadre.1437 said:

And what do you think about the build that Cellofrag recently showed (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIfE39RMwrw ) D/D catalist is she like?

I tested it already but it felt way too squishy. I settled for fire weaver with S/D and i do fairly good with it. Cant compete with the meta classes on side node but I can hold my own right now.

On 8/24/2023 at 2:59 AM, Sahne.6950 said:

Can vouch this is true. "Meta" builds are just another name for most effortless, braindead garbage. Has there ever been meta builds that took skill? Certainly not, at that point they stop being meta.

• Like 1