Some missions from the daily shop need to be looked at

5 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

Defending a point in WvW has been in the game before the new dailies and is not that hard to complete. 

It is insanely hard. The conditions for receiving it are so nebulous that sometimes you can kill 20 people that are attacking your gate, and you receive zero participation, but you can kill a random noob player that accidentally aggrod the guards while he was passing by, and you get silver.

And not every time.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Player.2475 said:

It is insanely hard. The conditions for receiving it are so nebulous that sometimes you can kill 20 people that are attacking your gate, and you receive zero participation, but you can kill a random noob player that accidentally aggrod the guards while he was passing by, and you get silver.

And not every time.

So far I was able to complete it every time it was daily. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, vares.8457 said:

Defending a point in WvW has been in the game before the new dailies and is not that hard to complete. 

Yeah, but it's condition has been hardned recently, Repair a wall/door doesn't count anymore.

Defending a keep usually gives success, as the area for kills that count is large enough.

Ironically, your best chance to get a successful tower defense is attacking a defended tower and cleaning the enemies inside after capture.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

It used to be that repairing would guarantee you credit in a defense event, now that's removed there's practically no logic to getting credit or not. I never get credit for actively defending a point, but occasionally get a reward for no apparent reason when I'd passed by several minutes before and did absolutely nothing. Some people have theorized that you need to kill an enemy player slated for capture credit, but for that to happen you need to let a defense nearly fail first and then get lucky choosing enemies to tag. Or something. Nobody seems to know how it actually works, which makes it awful to require for anything. I don't even bother trying to do defense events any more because it's always wasted effort.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

So far I was able to complete it every time it was daily. 

Congratulations. I could reliably complete it too, but unlike a sentry post that you can just go grab any time, defending something without participation on repair can take hours of waiting for a fight where you won't get wiped 50v10.

2 hours ago, vares.8457 said:

You haven't been in WvW for a long time, right? There was an event participation qualification change some time ago that completely broke stuff for things like defence.

In short, now to succesfully defend a point, you need to kill an attacker while still being within event area. And by "attacker" i do not mean any attacking enemy player, because to qualify for being an attacker, said player needs to kill the sentry or a player on your side that is also defending the same event first. Well, sometimes it counts if the "attacker" kills a nearby dolyak too - but not always.

Well, suposedly, because the actual participation qualifications are secret, and may be even more complicated and stringent.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

29 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You haven't been in WvW for a long time, right?

I was there two hours ago the last time. I spend most of my time in game in WvW. I did my dailies almost exclusively in WvW for the last three and a half years. I’m usually doing the last diamond chest every week. 
But nice try 

I know about the change but still I was able to complete this daily every single time, even after the change. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Confused 4

It's a mess. I have to do 10 defenses as a weekly. I have 2 so far, both happened by killing remaining defenders after a successful capture. Actually defending an objective never works for me and hasn't worked since the change. Even scoring 34 heavy bags and gaining several levels during a Stonemist defense didn't give me credit for any of the 4 or 5 defense events that cycled during the long siege.

I've just disabled WvW dailies because I don't want to end up with dailies like this. Though, PvE dailies seem just as bad. I ran into several people who had to do the Valdhertz minidungeon. Good luck getting full credit for that when you're running that with 10 people at once. I was part of it but I only needed to do a single Canthan event.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, vares.8457 said:

Defending has been bugged for a decade, it often disappears without giving rewards or counting for any progress. How do you not know this?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, vares.8457 said:

I was there two hours ago the last time. I spend most of my time in game in WvW. I did my dailies almost exclusively in WvW for the last three and a half years. I’m usually doing the last diamond chest every week. 
But nice try 

I know about the change but still I was able to complete this daily every single time, even after the change. 

You spent most of you game time in WvW so thats how you can complete it every time. The problem is this task is highly depend on other players. If you are in a low population WvW server and can only play the game in late night, it may take hours to find an object in contest and you have to get there in time and then find out there is nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1