Not enough skill buttons for mounts to assign, and shooting fireballs on skyscales is realy anoying because of it

RDEF.8513

Since we have another skill to shoot fireballs with skyscales now there are a total of 4 skills: Blast, Fireball, Descend and Dash. But the problem is we only have 2 buttons to assign mount abilities.

On top of that Mount Ability 1 is only skill 1 (blast skill) as long as you do not assign it. If you dare to add a button to it, all of the sudden it becomes the dash skill, which is the 5th skill.. this makes no sense. Same thing with the new fireball skill, if not assigned you can use your 2nd skill button to shoot a fire ball, but if you dare to assign it, it becomes the descend button and can't shoot fireballs anymore.. Why can it not be like weapon skills? button 1 = skill 1 and so on. Actually add 5 mount ability buttons to the controlls that are numbers 1 to 5

The reason i bring this up is the following, early in the Soto expansion there is an adventure that requires you to shoot fireballs at targets while flying , which is waaaay easier if you use action cam to be able to actualy aim your fire balls. The problem is that this locks you out of clicking your skills, you need to actualy press the buttons... So here comes the problem: you need a button assigned to shoot fire balls, a button for descending without dismounting (so using descend instead of blast which makes you land wile staying mounted) and a button to dash while flying which is 3 skills and you can only choose 2.

So please anet change mount skills so they are just like weapons, 5 buttons to assign in the control pannel that match the 1 to 5 buttons instead of trying to push 4 skills in 2 buttons

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

That is the default yes, so tell me, how do you use your descend and dash skills while being in action camera mode and unable to just click them? 

(or just the dash skill overall for that matter?)

Edited by RDEF.8513
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Yes wel, i have those mapped to numbers 1 and 2 instead of C and V. Which means i am locked out of using blast and fireball because those get overwritten and have no option to assign to another button, lets say i want fireball on X for example how would i do that ? 

Edited by RDEF.8513
  • Sad 1

Thats the problem, i dont ... i have to manualy click it, which is something you can not do during action camera mode. which is the entire reason i'm making this post, for anet to actualy have 5 buttons for skills 1,2,3,4 and 5 to assign instead of only able to assign 2 of them

Edited by RDEF.8513
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

• 4 months later...
On 8/25/2023 at 12:41 PM, RDEF.8513 said:

Thats the problem, i dont ... i have to manualy click it, which is something you can not do during action camera mode. which is the entire reason i'm making this post, for anet to actualy have 5 buttons for skills 1,2,3,4 and 5 to assign instead of only able to assign 2 of them

im sure im late to the game.  I had the same issue.  restore defaults.  then assign the Alt bindings to what ever you want.  Leave v and c alone.  i used the alt binding for 3 and 4 for dash and descend. works fine.  now have 1-4 for pet skills

The problem is that "Mount Skill 1" is the one that shows up in the skill 5 slot, and "Mount Skill 2" is the one that shows up in the skill 4 slot. Very confusing naming.

But I don't even understand why we need to rebind our skills for our mounts specifically. We don't bind greatsword skills differently from hammer skills, for example. If it's on the bar, you push the button associated with that slot on the bar.

Quick tip for y'all. Mount Engage skill = Weapon skill 1. The Fireball skill on skyscale = Weapon skill 2.

Go to your options --> controls --> second section "Skills" and add a second keybind for weapon skill 2 in the right-hand column (leave the left-hand column alone).

Once you have done this, when you are on a skyscale the alternate keybind you have entered for weapon skill 2 will control your skyscale's fireball skill.

Enjoy 🙂

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Alaia Skyhawk.5064 said:

Quick tip for y'all. Mount Engage skill = Weapon skill 1. The Fireball skill on skyscale = Weapon skill 2.

Go to your options --> controls --> second section "Skills" and add a second keybind for weapon skill 2 in the right-hand column (leave the left-hand column alone).

Once you have done this, when you are on a skyscale the alternate keybind you have entered for weapon skill 2 will control your skyscale's fireball skill.

Enjoy 🙂

Thank you!  🙂

• Like 1