Rift are boring

I don't mind them too much so far? but after grinding a ton of them this weekend I noticed one thing pretty fast:  on more than one occasion I had to use a teleport to friend from the pile gathering dust in my bank,  to actually get to the rifts on time. 

I experienced what seems to be already the usual practice:  people tagging can't actually bother to remember that it's helpful for the 40 odd other people in the train to see a link to a waypoint or POI in the chat.  Instead I am seeing tag just disappearing without a word from one rift and just start the next rift as soon as their feet hit the ground somewhere else on the opposite end of the map... 🙄

Even on my Griffon and flying full speed which I am super comfortable doing, I have missed more than a few.   Thankfully not every group I joined was this communication challenged, but they were by far the majority of the ones I did.

• Like 2

No they aren't.   Keeping up with the rift groups from one to the other and not being able to use uplift as a returning player is what is boring.   By the time we hobble over to it, it's completed and the next one appears across the universe.

Edited by GuruChaz.9314

The problem with rifts is they are a resource tax, requiring you to imput more resources to gain an output of new resources, which in most cases is a negative sum outcome(meaning your losing gold in the attempts). All the while doing a grind that  makes you move all over a map which could be used in a better farm.

If there were a wider variety of bosses and mechanics  then it would not be so bad, but so far it does not draw on a large pool.

Also if you were rewarded for time spent, and the grind was possibly just not so ridiculous, I think it would be a more enjoyable experience.

Especially since the demographic that plays the game does not have the time to spend on this new gameplay.

• Like 2