Instead of removing buggy content from the daily pool...

16 hours ago, Parasite.5389 said:

the dungeon itself isn't bugged, the issue comes from too many players entering and nuking the ever-living kitten out of everything before the events can phase change.

so it's good that they've removed it from the rotation, because it's not designed for a huge group of players all running it at once.

I'm sorry to object, but I have seen it bug out for the amount of only two players on several occasions. 😆

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MuscleBobBuffPants.1406 said:

I'll look forward to showing the sales of a poorly received expansion 🙂

They’ve already confirmed higher than expected sales and an overwhelmed support trying to get additional keys activated. Whatever negativity is on the forum, the sales are unlikely to align with that.

We also need to stop using maintenance mode as a term. Such a mode is not minimum effort, it’s keeping the severs going without any content whatsoever being made. GW1, Secret World - those are maintenance modes. GW2 may have some development problems, but it has regular content, improvements ongoing to the core engine and roadmaps. People can give varied opinions on the quality of what drops sure, but this is not what maintenance mode looks like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

They’ve already confirmed higher than expected sales and an overwhelmed support trying to get additional keys activated. Whatever negativity is on the forum, the sales are unlikely to align with that.

Higher than expected doesn't mean much in terms of numbers.  Let's see what those sales and revenue earnings look like this Fall!   

51 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Whatever negativity is on the forum, the sales are unlikely to align with that.

We will put your theory to the test!  Looking forward to it!  🙂

• Confused 3

16 minutes ago, MuscleBobBuffPants.1406 said:

Higher than expected doesn't mean much in terms of numbers.  Let's see what those sales and revenue earnings look like this Fall!   

We will put your theory to the test!  Looking forward to it!  🙂

I don’t care enough to theorise or test a supposition, I’m just giving the info as it is. Let’s remember EoD was critically slammed on the forums (but like SoTo, not as much elsewhere), yet was a massive seller and outsold prior expacs. If you really want to wait a quarter or two to prove something, that’s really just for you. 

I have plenty of issues with SoTo (and plenty of things I applaud too), but I’m not arrogant enough to believe mine or the forums are representative of the player base either despite how strongly I criticise at times. 

It’s their expectations and analysis of revenue, not anyone here that matters

Edited by Randulf.7614

20 hours ago, Parasite.5389 said:

the dungeon itself isn't bugged, the issue comes from too many players entering and nuking the ever-living kitten out of everything before the events can phase change.

so it's good that they've removed it from the rotation, because it's not designed for a huge group of players all running it at once.

You probably should stop saying things when you possess no knowledge of the subject matter. The dungeon has many bugs, can and will be bugged at different phases, and has done so since release. When the daily was active, I saw an unbugged instance run 4 cycles before Necromancer Uwe Gorhopf just spontaneously didn't transation from dialogue to hostile and bugged that instance.

Even a simple fix like force resetting the dungeon 30 minutes after it's started (as the debuff timer would imply it should) would be band-aid fix to the buggy mess it is otherwise.

• Confused 1

Just now, Randulf.7614 said:

I don’t care enough to theorise or test a supposition, I’m just giving the info as it is. Let’s remember EoD was critically slammed on the forums (but like SoTo, not as much elsewhere), yet was a massive seller and outsold prior expacs. If you really want to wait a quarter or two to prove something, that’s really just for you. 

You don't have any info, you have no data or number, just a PR phrase from someone who works for the company.  You will have to wait just like everyone else.  Deal with it.  Precisely, now do you people ever think about things?  If EOD is critically slammed, do you think people repeat the same mistake of buying expansions from this company?

1 minute ago, Randulf.7614 said:

It’s their expectations and analysis of revenue, not anyone here that matters

Exactly, didn't I just say that? You just contradicted your own statement "If you really want to wait to prove something" and then "it's their analysis of revenue".  Yes, which is what I just told you.  Now sit back, relax and wait.  I will put your theory to the test 🙂

• Confused 3

45 minutes ago, MuscleBobBuffPants.1406 said:

If EOD is critically slammed, do you think people repeat the same mistake of buying expansions from this company?

Yes. 
Champions was awful and EoD outsold previous expansions. Gyala was awful and Cantha was thrown out, yet Soto exceeded their expectations to the point where their store went down from the traffic on Soto's release.

Just because people complain about systems they don't understand, complain about changes complain about simple pronouns,  or - as of late - complaining about the actual issues Soto is rather well populated for an "unpopular" expansion, which further proves that the people commenting on the forums is a minority.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

yet Soto exceeded their expectations to the point where their store went down from the traffic on Soto's release.

Show me the numbers friend, that's right sales for a day don't mean sales overall for an expansion.  Do I need to explain to you how sales and revenue work?  You don't have the numbers, don't worry friend we will put your theory to the test 🙂

"Soto is rather well populated for an "unpopular" expansion, which further proves that the people commenting on the forums is a minority."

You have no data/numbers to back up that claim either, want to continue?

"Champions was awful and EoD outsold previous expansions. Gyala was awful and Cantha was thrown out, "

Let's see how SoTo sells, I can only imagine constantly releasing awful content is going to help sales, does that make any sense to you?  It doesn't.  Let's put your theory to the test 🙂 

• Confused 5

9 minutes ago, MuscleBobBuffPants.1406 said:

Show me the numbers friend, that's right sales for a day don't mean sales overall for an expansion.  Do I need to explain to you how sales and revenue work?  You don't have the numbers, don't worry friend we will put your theory to the test 🙂

"Soto is rather well populated for an "unpopular" expansion, which further proves that the people commenting on the forums is a minority."

You have no data/numbers to back up that claim either, want to continue?

"Champions was awful and EoD outsold previous expansions. Gyala was awful and Cantha was thrown out, "

Let's see how SoTo sells, I can only imagine constantly releasing awful content is going to help sales, does that make any sense to you?  It doesn't.  Let's put your theory to the test 🙂 

I'm not here to sit through some random person's attempt at lecturing at sales or revenue. It's the exact same broken record going on for years that the next expansion will not sell, because they released something bad and when it turns out their sales are prefectly fine it's moved to the next expansion, then to the next and so on.

It's getting really boring that people read others rage over systems they don't understand and then go "yeah, the content is bad, game is ruined" and similiar claims. There were so many "constantly released awful content" in GW2 and... nothing happened. Their sales - until Q2 2023 - is public. That is data available, it is also known that IBS wasn't all that successful, yet following the end of IBS their earlings were going up, despite EoD not being the best, despite the state of Gyala.

You are so on about data, but you ignore that there is more to the community of a game than the forums, if Soto was so unpopular you wouldn't see map instance piled on map instance with tens of squads doing events and the meta on the maps.

I'm not going on with a theory, you're the one who's theorizing that Anet's revenue will be bad, based on a handful of people's complaining on the forums, if you are into data so much you'd know that only taking some people into account will not yield proper results.
I'm not theorizing, because I'm stating what has been happening FOR YEARS. Content releases, complaints arise, Anet fixes issues, people are fine and all is forgotten. 

17 minutes ago, MuscleBobBuffPants.1406 said:

I'd love to highlight this part. You're going after me for "not having numbers" while you are certain that Soto is not selling well. Despite you not having access to numbers either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

I'm not here to sit through some random person's attempt at lecturing at sales or revenue. It's the exact same broken record going on for years that the next expansion will not sell, because they released something bad and when it turns out their sales are prefectly fine it's moved to the next expansion, then to the next and so on.

Correct you have no numbers or data.   Let's see what they are friend 🙂

3 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

if Soto was so unpopular you wouldn't see map instance piled on map instance with tens of squads doing events and the meta on the maps.

You have no data as said before 🙂 

4 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

I'm not going on with a theory, you're the one who's theorizing that Anet's revenue will be bad, based on a handful of people's complaining on the forums, if you are into data so much you'd know that only taking some people into account will not yield proper results.

Based on bad expansions, bad content, bad everything etc.  Let's see the data my friend, let's see what the data and numbers this quarter and lets see the SOTO sales friend.  You seem confident, we will put your theory to the test 🙂 

5 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

I'd love to highlight this part. You're going after me for "not having numbers" while you are certain that Soto is not selling well. Despite you not having access to numbers either.

I just told you, and I will tell you again, let's put your theory to the test.  Releasing awful EOD, awful Gyala, awful IBS, let's see if these have no effect on SOTO friend 🙂 

• Confused 4