Daily PREVIEW, a stopgap fix

No need to add any preview, I missed 0 dailies since the release. If an objective is bugged they should -preferably- fix it or at the very least remove it. There's not reason to add more options just so you can aim at the 5 second ones every time.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TexZero.7910 said:

Previewing the next day does not solve the issue.

Adding more choices or allowing people to re-roll their dailies however does.

I'm 99% positive re-rolling is not possible in the new Wizard Window(tm).

A new "Daily Preview" tab literally achieves the same, just delayed to the next day.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

IMHO, make it 6 choices plus the login. Do any three after the login and you get the reward chest. Let the extra give AA. An extra 30 AA isn't going to break anything and players would have agency again.

This is important because there are players who have difficulty with some content, and they need choices, so they can do the simple quick activities. My good friend's mom is such a person, she has trouble getting to vistas and doing jps, activities, and adventures. Shakey hands.

There is a reason there is a LI following, those need to be a choice in our dailies as well. More capable players can do non-LI options for extra rewards.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, HawkMeister.4758 said:

I'm 99% positive re-rolling is not possible in the new Wizard Window(tm).

A new "Daily Preview" tab literally achieves the same, just delayed to the next day.

Ah yes, so you can preview how this system removed player agency and choices.

That totally solves all the problems people have /s

• Sad 1

On 9/1/2023 at 2:33 AM, Sobx.1758 said:

Let me guess, you happen to want to complete wvw dailies when it's land claimer or spender, eh?  If you sometimes want to play wvw and pve then sometimes mark wvw and pve squares. What do you need the preview for if it's not about simply picking the fastest/easiest dailies from the whole set?

I usually jumped in when Camp Capturer or Guard Killer came up. If I'm going to do WvW, I want to at least spend enough time to cap a camp or two.

But if there's a chance that something like Objective Defender is going to pop up and I have no alternative if I want the daily, I'm going to uncheck that box permanently.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, TexZero.7910 said:

Ah yes, so you can preview how this system removed player agency and choices.

That totally solves all the problems people have /s

I think my passive-aggressive ":classic_wacko:" bombed OP shows clearly how happy I am about the whole affair.

I'm simply asking for the Wizard Window™ to provide us with info that's already available to the frikken server anyway.

BTW,

the preview wouldn't be that trivial either.

They would have to make it dynamically highlight the selection you've chosen for next day.

As when you choose two different modes the spare dailies have to be un-marked again.

Not even sure the current "Web Designers" coding this thing are even able to do THAT.

Edited by HawkMeister.4758
2 tha confused: life is hard
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, HawkMeister.4758 said:

I think my passive-aggressive ":classic_wacko:" bombed OP shows clearly how happy I am about the whole affair.

I'm simply asking for the Wizard Window™ to provide us with info that's already available to the frikken server anyway.

BTW,

the preview wouldn't be that trivial either.

They would have to make it dynamically highlight the selection you've chosen for next day.

As when you choose two different modes the spare dailies have to be un-marked again.

Not even sure the current "Web Designers" coding this thing are even able to do THAT.

No i'm sure a lot of the complaints are flying over your head so it's clear why you're getting the confused emote. That's before we talk about how passive aggressive you are and bullish that seeing is believing.

People do not care to see what's coming, they care about the dailies being able to be completed. Compare current system to previous and you'll noticing a gaping flaw which you're trying to treat with a lolipop instead of actually solving the issue. Prior system had 12 dailies to choose from 4 of each mode. Current system has 1 freebie and 3 of any hodgepodge selection. We've decreased player options and made the system worse for ware by exposing dead/bugged content and Anet's inability/unwillingness to fix said content pieces. The simple solution is to give players more choices to combat bad daily rolls so they can choose which of them they want to do not all that different than how the weekly currently functions. There is no harm to having more agency and player choice. The only thing ANet would likely have to do is either adjust prices of items assuming they cannot hard limit daily AA to any 3 completions +  Log-in.

Edited by TexZero.7910
  • Like 1