Daily PREVIEW, a stopgap fix

I know it, you(Devs) know it, everybody knows it.

The new daily system is a BUST!

Mainly because of the utter and total lack of transparency you introduced out of nowhere.

Adding a 5th daily will actually make it a bit worse because now we suddenly have daily currency inflation,

right at inception of the new system.

The BIG elephant in the room has not and probably CANNOT not be addressed.

Daily settings can only change next day!

The solution is quite simple,

A PREVIEW OF ALL NEXT DAY DAILIES.

It's not much,

but it should be easier to implement than rewriting your weird new dailies.

It would at least allow us an actual semblance of choice again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 15
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, HawkMeister.4758 said:

I know it, you(Devs) know it, everybody knows it.

The new daily system is a BUST!

Mainly because of the utter and total lack of transparency you introduced out of nowhere.

Adding a 5th daily will actually make it a bit worse because now we suddenly have daily currency inflation,

right at inception of the new system.

The BIG elephant in the room has not and probably CANNOT not be addressed.

Daily settings can only change next day!

The solution is quite simple,

A PREVIEW OF ALL NEXT DAY DAILIES.

It's not much,

but it should be easier to implement than rewriting your weird new dailies.

It would at least allow us an actual semblance of choice again.

Yes 30 extra AA will certainly break the bank.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I think it would be 10 extra AA daily, but that would be ~15% increase, so it is somewhat significant.  I suppose the solution would be to add 1 or 2 more, but once you have completed the 3 (4 counting log in) the others become unavailable.

Got distracted and forgot to say that I generally like the idea of showing what the next days options are going to be so people can change their choice(s) of game modes for dailies.

Edited by Erich.1783
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Erich.1783 said:

I think it would be 10 extra AA daily, but that would be ~15% increase, so it is somewhat significant.  I suppose the solution would be to add 1 or 2 more, but once you have completed the 3 (4 counting log in) the others become unavailable.

Got distracted and forgot to say that I generally like the idea of showing what the next days options are going to be so people can change their choice(s) of game modes for dailies.

I think the poster I replied to are talking about the pve reset that will happen tomorrow.

If you do 3 pve tasks now they will reset 3 new ones for you in aroun 13 hours from now.

You will only get the daily 35aa, 1g and luck one time tho.

• Confused 1

No, my suggestion deals exclusively with the sudden stealing of ANY way of having an intelligent choice of dailies.

ANET's smart idea was to either diminish them wholesale (4 events down to 1) or give us utterly braindead no fun PvE stuff like frikken dodging (literally Queensdale noob gameplay) or bar breaking.

Sometimes I would like to do WvW even if my gameplay of choice is mostly PvE content.

But then I have to commit completely for the next day, having not the slightest idea what crap awaits me.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, HawkMeister.4758 said:

Sometimes I would like to do WvW even if my gameplay of choice is mostly PvE content.

But then I have to commit completely for the next day, having not the slightest idea what crap awaits me.

Let me guess, you happen to want to complete wvw dailies when it's land claimer or spender, eh?  If you sometimes want to play wvw and pve then sometimes mark wvw and pve squares. What do you need the preview for if it's not about simply picking the fastest/easiest dailies from the whole set?

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

What do you need the preview for if it's not about simply picking the fastest/easiest dailies from the whole set?

And pray tell what is it your business to police how I play the game?

Ever heard,

the customer is always right?

Edited by HawkMeister.4758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6

I'd prefer to see extra options and allowing free choice across game modes - the latter meaning no waiting on reset at all and is consistent with how dailies always worked prior to the change. I think that will clear up the problem outright. Preview is an interesting idea, but still doesn't solve the problems of a lack of choice - which is one of the biggest gripes from people - and it also doesn't encourage players to login either if they see soemthing they don't like.

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I'd prefer to see extra options and allowing free choice across game modes - the latter meaning no waiting on reset at all and is consistent with how dailies always worked prior to the change.

Agreed,

but I'm also sure they are unable to code that anymore.

That's why I labeled it a "stopgap fix".

The new Wizard Window tm

is nothing else but another instance by the embedded chrome browser, like the Black Lion trade/Gem shop

and that's why it cannot have the same functionality as the in-game UI.

• Confused 3

If they can't make such adjustments - and I'd shocked if they couldn't, especially as changes have stated to be coming - then it needs removing. Having such an inflexibly coded system should not even exist. But, I'd be surprised if that was the case. We know they can add options, so that's half of it. Removing the need to check against a mode seems like an easier fix or at least on par with a change to previewing

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, HawkMeister.4758 said:

As per usual, wrong again bucko.

Nice try with the backhand edit, but your personal attacks don't contribute anything.

It's obvious to anybody (but you pro-shills) that the new daily system is hated.

My suggestion would probably make most everybody shut up.

There were no personal attacks there (or "backhand edits"?), but absolutely please finally address the contents of the posts you're quoting instead of doing what you're currently doing.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Removing the need to check against a mode seems like an easier fix or at least on par with a change to previewing

You're forgetting one thing,

every daily now earns a currency!

In a NEW shop, that's mainly there to incentivize buying the latest expansion and very likely all following new Living World expansions.

The achievement system can't do it, this cannot and will not be changed,

I've come to terms with it and am just trying to work this new greedy system.

• Confused 3

5 minutes ago, HawkMeister.4758 said:

You're forgetting one thing,

every daily now earns a currency!

In a NEW shop, that's mainly there to incentivize buying the latest expansion and very likely all following new Living World expansions.

The achievement system can't do it, this cannot and will not be changed,

I've come to terms with it and am just trying to work this new greedy system.

It doesnt need to work with the achievement system. All it needs is to remove that checkbox and leave them all open. It can always grey the rest out after 4 are done if currency bloat is an issue

That should be entirely doable under the new system

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

it can always grey the rest out after 4 are done if currency bloat is an issue

That should be entirely doable under the new system

I wish, but looks like it can't.

Notice that you literally have to manually click the chest to get currency.

People have already reported lost currency, because they ignored the red exclamation mark icon before reset and got only one chest next day.

The whole new system is a website now, 99% sure of it.

Edited by HawkMeister.4758
  • Confused 4

On 8/29/2023 at 4:27 AM, Erich.1783 said:

I think it would be 10 extra AA daily, but that would be ~15% increase, so it is somewhat significant.  .

~15% increase to dailies. You should consider weeklies as well. In a week you get 770 AAs from weeklies, and 455 AAs from dailies to a total of 1225. Additional 10 AAs daily would add 70 AAs to that. That's just ~6%. It would go down to around ~5% if we include specials, btw.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, HawkMeister.4758 said:

I wish, but looks like it can't.

If they can't implement such simple suggestions they should fire their programmers. Even I that have no formal education in this field, dont work in the field and only program myself a tool here and there, self taught, know that hardcoding without such flexibility is just not acceptable.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Borked.6824 said:

Are you actually trying to minmax dailies?!

Ackshually that would be the current system that you guys liek soo much.
Finding an elite mob, rolling 3 times infront of it, killing it then go look at cantha a bit.

I'm sure it's juuust great for you, but I'd like to have some more fun choices.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4