Since We have 5 Ranger Topics on Front Page

Gotejjeken.1267

Anet staff reading this, please fix pets to actually be responsive.  

It's not often ranger gets the sPvP forums full attention, so have to take advantage of this to try to get all the bugfixes we can.  

If you do fix the F2, people may actually unmerge and allow the silvers and below to play the game again.  This would be beneficial for all.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

2 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

It's not often ranger gets the sPvP forums full attention, so have to take advantage of this to try to get all the bugfixes we can.  

If you do fix the F2, people may actually unmerge and allow the silvers and below to play the game again.  This would be beneficial for all.  

Main priority must be fixing ranger's ultragigaboosted dmg, its not healthy for game to have that 20k burst in less than second.

They can tune pig maul, sword skill 2 and 3 and wh skill 4 interaction with sic em and owp.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

In all seriousness, this is an issue right now which is disappointing: (1) GW2 Aether Hunter Has Weird Summon Sickness - Twitch

If it weren't for this bug or w/e is going on here, this pet would be good.

• Confused 2

10 hours ago, zyra.7860 said:

Main priority must be fixing ranger's ultragigaboosted dmg, its not healthy for game to have that 20k burst in less than second.

They can tune pig maul, sword skill 2 and 3 and wh skill 4 interaction with sic em and owp.

The burst has always been there, which is what 90% of this forum is missing.

Sword 2 and 3 are new because they gutted the soul of the weapon for pure damage increase--for ranger players to put up with salt from this dumb decision.  

WH 4 has not changed and the interaction with Sic Em has never changed.  Why this is getting complained about now I still can't figure out--something like Staff yeah because it's a consequence of opening up all weapons, but WH? We should have had outcry about this for what 6 years now since Sic Em' Soulbeast became a thing?

Same with Pig Maul.  The best excuse I've seen is it flew under the radar for all these years--but that's not a good thing because it shows Ranger players have to pick literal meme pets to meme their way into ATs.  

Even if you nerf all what you want, can still get to plat with just LB/GS as always.  So, what really has changed?

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Sword 2 and 3 are new because they gutted the soul of the weapon for pure damage increase--for ranger players to put up with salt from this dumb decision.  

WH 4 has not changed and the interaction with Sic Em has never changed.  Why this is getting complained about now I still can't figure out--something like Staff yeah because it's a consequence of opening up all weapons, but WH? We should have had outcry about this for what 6 years now since Sic Em' Soulbeast became a thing?

Same with Pig Maul.  The best excuse I've seen is it flew under the radar for all these years--but that's not a good thing because it shows Ranger players have to pick literal meme pets to meme their way into ATs.  

Even if you nerf all what you want, can still get to plat with just LB/GS as always.  So, what really has changed?

And stealth burst nades engi was always there.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Parsleysoda.9031 said:

Nerf everything that I don't play

The forums in a nutshell - Yall are so boring. I mean youve been presented with facts, and even agreeable points through out the last couple days. This forum is a clown show. Arenanet should shut these down at least for pvp section. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Well you see, without being changed, builds can become stronger ~relatively~ when other builds become weaker. Ele, Engi, Guard, Necro etc. have all suffered big nerfs over the past couple of years and Ranger remained relatively unscathed because it wasn't overperforming in that context. 

I believe Ranger then received several buffs on top of that that could make bursty builds more all-around viable. The benefits didn't necessarily apply directly to WH 4, Pig Maul etc.

My favorite assumption, however, is that population is so low and Ranger players are so unimaginative that it took them years to figure out how to play other builds.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

Well you see, without being changed, builds can become stronger ~relatively~ when other builds become weaker. Ele, Engi, Guard, Necro etc. have all suffered big nerfs over the past couple of years and Ranger remained relatively unscathed because it wasn't overperforming in that context. 

I believe Ranger then received several buffs on top of that that could make bursty builds more all-around viable. The benefits didn't necessarily apply directly to WH 4, Pig Maul etc.

My favorite assumption, however, is that population is so low and Ranger players are so unimaginative that it took them years to figure out how to play other builds.

Yes, Ele's big nerf from godmode to 'S' tier.

Guard in same position, WB is still A+/S tier.

As someone else pointed out, 1-shot nade engi has been a thing forever so that certainly didn't get nerfed.

Necro has always been in a weird spot, the only one that qualifies as boon corrupt did get big nerf.

It's not that it took Ranger mains years to figure out how to play other builds, is that no one played Ranger until these thoughtless sword changes got a burst build back into the meta.  It's also the other ranger builds that rely on the pet are literally non-functional.  

Thus, the topic.  

Fix pets.  

Yes, Ele's big nerf from godmode to 'S' tier.

Guard in same position, WB is still A+/S tier.

As someone else pointed out, 1-shot nade engi has been a thing forever so that certainly didn't get nerfed.

Necro has always been in a weird spot, the only one that qualifies as boon corrupt did get big nerf.

Just because a class/spec is still good doesn't mean it didn't receive a nerf lol. And I'm pretty sure different variants of Nade Engi are the most nerfed spec in the game at this point xD

Fix pets. 

I agree. Start with Mech and turrets first, Engi doesn't have many options like Ranger 😛

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bethekey.8314 said:

Just because a class/spec is still good doesn't mean it didn't receive a nerf lol.

Yes, thus Cata going from godmode to 'S' after the nerfs.

19 minutes ago, bethekey.8314 said:

I agree. Start with Mech and turrets first, Engi doesn't have many options like Ranger 😛

Let's not, mech having a pet is why ranger pets aren't responsive anymore because anet had to add LI builds for engis.  

Also, engi and ranger have exactly the same number of options in sPvP--nade scrapper = slb, and holo = untamed.