This race has returned! Possible future playable race? [Spoilers]

Dark Red Killian.3946

7 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

This refers to the Thunderhead Keep mission in GW1. After taking back the capital from the Stone Summit, the White Mantle and mursaat sieged the city. However, the Stone Summit and mursaat were actively attacking each other should they come across one another.

And you should re-read that again, because there is no mention of an alliance. Just that the mursaat arrived after - which is true of GW1 events.

This fractal is basically "what if Thunderhead Keep mission failed?" Jalis dies, mursaat wipe out the advance Deldrimor forces, and Stone Summit (even if their leader Dagnar Stonepate is dead - though I don't know if the fractal mentions him) are still around as there's now no one to destroy Sorrow's Furnace, the Stone Summit's main base of operations.

I guess in this reality the monk strike had devastating effects. 😄

The war log doesn't describe them retaking the city or the mission. It says they were setup in the pass defending against the Stone Summit (So if anything to me, before that mission occurred as they are fighting to defend and are outside of the keep.), but the thing is this.

The war log describes "the first wave" Not the entire stone summit force, but merely the first group of a force outnumbering the five thousand defenders. "Had it only been the traitors, we'd have surely prevailed" and "Then the Mursaat appeared" and it describes horrors dealt to their their forces and how almost every defender was killed.  It sounds to me more like this fractal had the Mursaat and the Stone Summit working together, rather then the Mursaat wiping out everybody on the field they found. 

It's hard to tell really, but we know the Deldrimor are on their last legs at Droknar's Forge, and the fractal was apparently setup specifically to have access for the great forge. I was trying to find additional dialogue but out of game it's limited, besides the dwarves commenting on how silly the Jade City fractal is.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

The war log doesn't describe them retaking the city or the mission. It says they were setup in the pass defending against the Stone Summit (So if anything to me, before that mission occurred as they are fighting to defend and are outside of the keep.), but the thing is this.

The war log describes "the first wave" Not the entire stone summit force, but merely the first group of a force outnumbering the five thousand defenders. "Had it only been the traitors, we'd have surely prevailed" and "Then the Mursaat appeared" and it describes horrors dealt to their their forces and how almost every defender was killed.  It sounds to me more like this fractal had the Mursaat and the Stone Summit working together, rather then the Mursaat wiping out everybody on the field they found. 

It's hard to tell really, but we know the Deldrimor are on their last legs at Droknar's Forge, and the fractal was apparently setup specifically to have access for the great forge. I was trying to find additional dialogue but out of game it's limited, besides the dwarves commenting on how silly the Jade City fractal is.

Still doesn't quite read to me as they were allies - and it'd logically make no sense because the Stone Summit are straight up xenophobes, and the mursaat were working with White Mantle. The Stone Summit and White Mantle/mursaat were outright warring against each other, and with GW2 lore it makes less sense seeing how the mursaat blame the dwarves for their defeat at Zhaitan even, so even if the fractal is "what if Deldrimor lost the war", that wouldn't set up an alliance between two groups who detest each other.

And the Jade City commentary is weird.... how does Esme know what an airship is!?

Also since I forgot before:

On 9/17/2023 at 8:08 AM, Kalavier.1097 said:

I'm not saying hiding, I'm saying they were in the underground/parts of the cities we don't explore. Lion's Arch is supposedly a major city but ingame it's just a few fields and buildings, etc.

Again, there would be no reasoning behind this other than as an attempt to explain why they weren't modeled in the same light as centaurs and charr, but it wouldn't make sense. Why would they be in parts we don't explore when we explore the whole thing except indoors? Are all female dwarves just straight up housewives until the male population decreased to the point of requiring to recruit them into combat?

On 9/20/2023 at 3:22 AM, videoboy.4162 said:

Where do Timin Blackburl and his companions fit in? Ogden refers to at least one of them as his kin, but not one of the three is stone. 

Well this is weird... I'm not sure if this is intentional or just glitched. For example I saw a named Dwarf in Droknar's Light - who is normally not in a stone form - in stone form.

On the other hand Timin and his friend and a few other Dwarves in core Tyria now appear out of stoneform. So if a Dwarf is either in stoneform or not means they can change it or it might be glitched.
Riley Waylit and Von Dvelverunner have both pictures of them in stoneform on the wiki, but for me they weren't in stoneform.

Edited by Rhywolver.8250
spelling

3 hours ago, Rhywolver.8250 said:

Well this is weird... I'm not sure if this is intentional or just glitched. For example I saw a named Dwarf in Droknar's Light - who is normally not in a stone form - in stone form.

On the other hand Timin and his friend and a few other Dwarves in core Tyria now appear out of stoneform. So if a Dwarf is either in stoneform or not means they can change it or it might be glitched.
Riley Waylit and Von Dvelverunner have both pictures of them in stoneform on the wiki, but for me they weren't in stoneform.

That's because the stone form is technically just an infusion aura applied to NPCs, and afaik there is one setting in Options that makes auras bugged on interaction and shows the npcs or players without it. I have seen it multiple times myself.