Time for new matchmaker algorithm.

Eddbopkins.2630

Had one of the most unfun games ever last night. The match maker puts rank 20 and a rank 12 together on one team. I'm only gold 2. Should at least one of those top teir players be on my team? My team had no one on the leader board. It was like playing against people on pcp and cocaine. They were completely untouchable. They steam rolled 5 people every engagement.

• Thanks 2

Maybe they were in a premade? Also it doesn't matter how good matchmaking is, there is such a severe lack of players that it's a terrible experience for everyone no matter what.

But I think there is a fix, it definitely worked for me. Curious? Not only did it improve my mental, it also gave me around 10 hours of extra free time weekly... and also 90GB of free space on my SSD. With a few simple clicks, everything about my gaming experience improved.

There are no negatives to this: just uninstall!

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

6 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Had one of the most unfun games ever last night. The match maker puts rank 20 and a rank 12 together on one team. I'm only gold 2. Should at least one of those top teir players be on my team? My team had no one on the leader board. It was like playing against people on pcp and cocaine. They were completely untouchable. They steam rolled 5 people every engagement.

Way back some years ago, anet did a poll either better matchmaking or allow class swap pregame.

People chose class swap so they could take advantage of the MMR system.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

Maybe they were in a premade? Also it doesn't matter how good matchmaking is, there is such a severe lack of players that it's a terrible experience for everyone no matter what.

But I think there is a fix, it definitely worked for me. Curious? Not only did it improve my mental, it also gave me around 10 hours of extra free time weekly... and also 90GB of free space on my SSD. With a few simple clicks, everything about my gaming experience improved.

There are no negatives to this: just uninstall!

And yet you lurk on the forums lol

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, porkchopMCgee.6193 said:

And yet you lurk on the forums lol

Which alt account are you? Lol

Ya’ll wasting your breath though. Ain’t ever gonna change. Just roll the dice until you get put on the winning side and get to stomp newbs.

git gud make fwiends

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, porkchopMCgee.6193 said:

Premades wouldn't be a problem if people made friends to play with. 

Rip 5mans,  the soloq people cried rivers, like it's not hard to find people to party with 

I'm all for allowing premades.
In casual/custom matches that is.

LE: Hell i'd even say make a 5v5 rank ladder, tho i have a feeling most premades want to play vs other premades. :)

Edited by Dickinson.7368
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, porkchopMCgee.6193 said:

Make ranked 5man 

Make unranked soloq 

We had that and it was garbage for a number of reasons, not to mention the mmr balancing when taking soloQ players into account was a nightmare.

AT is the best "5man premade" system this game has ever had. Anet needs to add a dedicated Ranked SoloQ option with its own leaderboards and its own titles, like how every other competitive game has.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

We had that and it was garbage for a number of reasons, not to mention the mmr balancing when taking soloQ players into account was a nightmare.

AT is the best "5man premade" system this game has ever had. Anet needs to add a dedicated Ranked SoloQ option with its own leaderboards and its own titles, like how every other competitive game has.

It was "garbage cause the MMR not itself, and the people abusing the MMR. 

It's not hard to make friends btw, 

Soloq ranked would be garbage, plus the pvp population isn't that great. Wonder why? The MMR, the abusing of the MMR, and alot of people having to select who they want to party with. List goes on

Change the MMR, oh wait they did a poll years ago and people wanted to keep class swap instead of a different MMR system

Edited by porkchopMCgee.6193

Just now, porkchopMCgee.6193 said:

It's not hard to make friends btw, 

Tell that to the NA and EU PvP playerbase. You have anywhere from 5 to 7 AT teams per 2hr tourney and only slightly more AT teams on EU. There was never a dedicated 5man vs 5man queue system for very obvious reasons, people would be waiting 15minutes+ just to find a game.

3 minutes ago, porkchopMCgee.6193 said:

Soloq ranked would be garbage, plus the pvp population isn't that great.

"Can't have another gamemode because of population" is the BIGGEST myth these forums continue to share. We were rolling Conquest games in tangent with Stronghold back when Stronghold was first released and popular.

6 minutes ago, porkchopMCgee.6193 said:

The MMR, the abusing of the MMR, and alot of people having to select who they want to party with. List goes on

How is that any different than now? People are already manipulating their duoQ rating. It will just be more difficult to do on a soloQ leaderboard. Not a single system is in place to prevent anyone from match manipulation like what we're seeing in NA and EU. Adding a new gamemode won't make it worse.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

Tell that to the NA and EU PvP playerbase. You have anywhere from 5 to 7 AT teams per 2hr tourney and only slightly more AT teams on EU. There was never a dedicated 5man vs 5man queue system for very obvious reasons, people would be waiting 15minutes+ just to find a game.

"Can't have another gamemode because of population" is the BIGGEST myth these forums continue to share. We were rolling Conquest games in tangent with Stronghold back when Stronghold was first released and popular.

How is that any different than now? People are already manipulating their duoQ rating. It will just be more difficult to do on a soloQ leaderboard. Not a single system is in place to prevent anyone from match manipulation like what we're seeing in NA and EU. Adding a new gamemode won't make it worse.

Alot of people have this idea in their head that soloq would make things easier, how? Please explain.  

The wait would be that long if they got rid of soloq all together, and just make it 5mans, back when there was 5mans, at least it was more fun, cause you know, people could play with their friends.  

The pvp population is a lot more dead now a days. You might not see it for it some reason. 

Yes make a soloq leaderboard, and do what get rid of teams completely? Ah ok makes sense /s OR just make soloq unranked only. Does it matter anymore of ranked was 5man only ? No not really. Besides alot of people again could play with more friends.

Or just rid of ranked all together would be best option

Edited by porkchopMCgee.6193
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, porkchopMCgee.6193 said:

Alot of people have this idea in their head that soloq would make things easier, how? Please explain.  

The wait would be that long if they got rid of soloq all together, and just make it 5mans, back when there was 5mans, at least it was more fun, cause you know, people could play with their friends.  

The pvp population is a lot more dead now a days. You might not see it for it some reason. 

Yes make a soloq leaderboard, and do what get rid of teams completely? Ah ok makes sense /s OR just make soloq unranked only. Does it matter anymore of ranked was 5man only ? No not really. Besides alot of people again could play with more friends.

Or just rid of ranked all together would be best option

I've answered a lot of your questions so I'm not sure what you're asking. I'll elaborate. If you werent around during that time we had 5mans playing with duo & solo players the queue times were either too long for the top 100 players (7++ minutes) or the match quality was atrocious, which it was. It quite simply did not work even after they changed the queue time algorithm lower/higher. A solely 5man league system WILL fail because it did fail in a larger population.

No one here said anything about a soloQ league system being easier. We just don't want to play against any kind of duo/trio/etc composition. The majority of soloQ players want the matches to be as fair as possible and soloQ really would be a more fair league compared to a duo+ comp with comms.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dickinson.7368 said:

Again why not both a solo-Q and a 5v5?
At worst case scenario they can monitor the population on both and axe the least played one.

Because that would be fair and that's what people like the one controlling this alt @porkchopMCgee.6193 don't want.

Separate soloq arena and leaderboard would not effect them at all if they didn't want those soloqs mixed in to farm, but they do and it's obvious they do.

Calls other people friendless to excuse their own mediocrity. Heard it once, heard it a thousand times. 🧑‍🤝‍🧑🙄👉🚪

Edited by Multicolorhipster.9751

9 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Because that would be fair and that's what people like the one controlling this alt @porkchopMCgee.6193 don't want.

Separate soloq arena and leaderboard would not effect them at all if they didn't want those soloqs mixed in to farm, but they do and it's obvious they do.

Calls other people friendless to excuse their own mediocrity. Heard it once, heard it a thousand times. 🧑‍🤝‍🧑🙄👉🚪

But if you actually read my other post here I mentioned to make anything anything below g3 5man, anything higher soloq , Wich seems reasonable and allows newer players to play with people before they are thrown into a random party if they make it that high.  Seems fair 🙃

18 hours ago, Dickinson.7368 said:

I'm all for allowing premades.

LE: Hell i'd even say make a 5v5 rank ladder, tho i have a feeling most premades want to play vs other premades. 🙂

I'm all for allowing pure soloq

Since soloq people want to play against other soloq 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, porkchopMCgee.6193 said:

Someone got triggered. The only people here that want to control anything is the whiny soloq people like yourself. I have a feeling you just wanted to reply just to say something. Kinda sad. 

I want to know who's alt you are. If I guess and I guess right, you have to say "soloq really rocks"
You won't, no 🍒

But you see, let's say they add 5man back, you would have the option to be in a 5man party with people you play the game with, it is an mmo after all, so why shouldn't there be 5man's?  

There already is if you have the gumption for ATs but that's 5v5 and you're here pushing for 5v1 so I can only assume that's not in your repertoire 

Actually it would affect 5mans, lol longer ques cause the soloq people would omg I have to make a party and actually communicate in a team oriented game 🙃

You reap what you sow, enjoy those AT-length queues. If it makes you feel better, the 10-30 minute queues should fly by with all those friends you have playing gw2 ranked pvp in 2023.

But if you actually read my other post here I mentioned to make anything anything below g3 5man, anything higher soloq , Wich seems reasonable and allows newer players to play with people before they are thrown into a random party if they make it that high.  Seems fair 🙃

I did and it's all complete rubbish. Besides the one about class-swapping, you have a point there.

But nah anything that mixes soloqs with parties is nonsensical and the antithesis of fair. Could just as easily add solo ranked and team ranked and have those be 2 completely separate and distinct gamemodes

But hey it might help you out in the long run. Cause you know being friendless and all 🙃

I mean if the shoe fits, wear it, with that attitude you do quite seem friendless. 

Friend in God, that's all I need 🙏