Movement Speed rune set should have been a relic. - Not enough variety.

• Eloc Freidon.5692 changed the title to Movement Speed rune set should have been a relic. - Not enough variety.

On one hand, I am enjoying my ability to slot rune of traveler onto my celestial gear, and rolling with nice relic, on another hand I can understand someone wanting more specialized stats and still having +25% movement speed with it.... 🤔

But if there is +25% movement speed relic it would make no sense for any rune to have it, which leads into a situation where I personally cannot see any clean solution to have both variants justified (barring maybe getting more + running speed rune sets to provide more specialized variants?)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/31/2023 at 2:59 PM, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

On one hand, I am enjoying my ability to slot rune of traveler onto my celestial gear, and rolling with nice relic, on another hand I can understand someone wanting more specialized stats and still having +25% movement speed with it.... 🤔

But if there is +25% movement speed relic it would make no sense for any rune to have it, which leads into a situation where I personally cannot see any clean solution to have both variants justified (barring maybe getting more + running speed rune sets to provide more specialized variants?)

The clean solution is change those movement speed bonuses on runes into an actual stat or some other % bonus.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

I see no reason why we can't have Movement Speed Runes alongside a Movement Speed Relic. That way the player can choose whether they wanna sacrifice stats or relic effects for movement speed.

This ^^^^

This topic was brought up before. I'd absolutely hate to have my 25% movement speed removed from runes - forcing me to have to sacrifice interesting builds to slot a basic/boring movement speed relic. More diverse runes with movement speed would be helpful, or just double up with a relic. But as I mentioned in a previous thread; all current relics require a condition to be met in order for their effects to activate. None of them have flat stats that are always there no matter what. That's the job of runes.

Relic of Speed covers the boosted movement speed niche as far as relics go, in my opinion. Just need a build that has access to swiftness fairly consistently.

• Confused 2

8 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

The clean solution is change those movement speed bonuses on runes into an actual stat or some other % bonus.

That does not address the side that enjoys having +25% movement speed from runes, and interesting relic ontop of it. Which is what I enjoy as an option as per beginning statement you were responding to.

I stated that I enjoy the options current setup gives, but can understand OP stance as well, but don't see much of a way to "cleanly" satisfy both people with mindset of the OP and people of my mindset. And your response to that, is that clean solution is to shaft people like me 🙂

• Confused 1

On 9/7/2023 at 2:54 AM, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

That does not address the side that enjoys having +25% movement speed from runes, and interesting relic ontop of it. Which is what I enjoy as an option as per beginning statement you were responding to.

I stated that I enjoy the options current setup gives, but can understand OP stance as well, but don't see much of a way to "cleanly" satisfy both people with mindset of the OP and people of my mindset. And your response to that, is that clean solution is to shaft people like me 🙂

Why not both? I don't see how this is so hard?

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Why not both? I don't see how this is so hard?

your previous post was lierally remove it from runes and put it on relics so not "both".

As for "why not both" - having same exact effect present on both relic and runeset would create confusion beteen role of relics and runes in a build. It would go directly against the whole point why relics got separated into their own slot.

On 9/10/2023 at 8:39 AM, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

your previous post was lierally remove it from runes and put it on relics so not "both".

As for "why not both" - having same exact effect present on both relic and runeset would create confusion beteen role of relics and runes in a build. It would go directly against the whole point why relics got separated into their own slot.

Relics is for a utility. Runes are for stats. So by that logic movement speed should be a relic.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Relics is for a utility. Runes are for stats. So by that logic movement speed should be a relic.

Relics are "for wildcard effects", Runes are for "just stats" according to all AN communication on the design from AN.

Wether movement speed is raw stat or wildcard effect is being subjected to a debate.