Alt-account farming (Devs read!)

1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

It may not be many people in total but I think the PR backlash for removing or disabling those accounts would be worse than the risk of allowing some people to keep collecting small amounts of AA on secondary accounts.

you dont have to disable/remove heroic account. just gatekeep all discounted items that are worth solid money behind owning any expansion.

• MC + gold for 6AA = own any expansion
  • heavy crafting bag = Soto (already done)
  • add ancient s. stone = own eod

and leave laurels and 1g for 30AA available to everyone (laures are also used for ascends etc). heroic account farming basically killed, heroic account actual players can still play and if alt account has expansion, its paid account so its fair they have at least some benefits. (if you gatekeep different mats behind different expansions, like soto+eod, than only full accounts get full benefit, at which point its hard to even call it "alt").

imho that would solve all problems presented in this topic, technically you could still "farm" alt accounts for laurels, but that would be just inefficient and require tons of accounts for any noticible gain.

Edited by Nimris.3781
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I know a few people who have heroic edition accounts as their only account. It's a mix of returning players, ones who got it in a promotion and at least one person who found a (presumably old) heroic edition for sale on a reputable site.

If someone in the game actually told you that they play guild wars 2 as of today on a heroic edition account and actively played on this account long enough for it to be still active to this day and in all this time, they didn't buy an expansion, they were lying to you. If someone is invested enough in the game to actively play it for 10 years, they are also invested enough to buy one expansion. If someone claims they are one but not the other, you can safely assume that they are not being honest. 

• Confused 2

I have more accounts but this new system is more fair, you get less golds for just logging in and you get more for doing stuff and playing the game, which means maps will be more populated because sometimes you have to do events, jp, etc. Weeklies are not always easy at all, there usually is 1-2 easy ones. 400g per hour is accurate BUT only sometimes if you do all dailies and a weekly or two. Tbh, its more like 400g per 2 hours. But you can not do it every day obviously, because next day there is not weekly anymore and you can get only 65AA for daily which can be like 10g BUT that is doable only for few days until you pick all raw golds and MCs from WV. So after few weeks you do not really get much golds because there are only laurels left to get. At the end if you count actual golds for all 75 days you get only like 3g per acc per day. Which is only a little bit more than in the old system for a lot more work, so you should do your accurate math first. 

You CAN NOT get 400g EVERY day even with 50 accounts.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GeraldBC.4927 said:

If someone in the game actually told you that they play guild wars 2 as of today on a heroic edition account and actively played on this account long enough for it to be still active to this day and in all this time, they didn't buy an expansion, they were lying to you. If someone is invested enough in the game to actively play it for 10 years, they are also invested enough to buy one expansion. If someone claims they are one but not the other, you can safely assume that they are not being honest. 

Where did I say any of them had been actively playing for 10 years?

I listed 3 groups of people:

1. Returning players - ones who had played years ago, stopped at some point and now are back. (I don't know when exactly they stopped, only that it was long enough ago they started over with new characters because they couldn't remember anything about the game, although one of them has Season 2 unlocked so it must be after 2014.)
  2. Ones who got it in a promotion - the heroic edition is still given away in partnership promotions sometimes. Here's one from last year.
  3. One person who found a heroic edition code for sale. I don't know the details here, except that they started playing after EoD came out, didn't want to be on a free account and picked the cheapest option on a site they use 'all the time' to buy games, which turned out to be a heroic edition code. It might be one from a free promotion that was sold on, but it worked.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/2/2023 at 4:15 PM, Neferpitouh.4356 said:

It is the combination of average value of AA and how long does it take to get objectives done on alts. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/166c2id/alt_accounts_are_still_the_best_gold_making_in/

A dude who has a lot of alts there shares his gains. His math seems to be correct. 

"His math seems to be correct. "     meaning,  I don't know if it's correct but I'm gonna kvetch on forums about it,  saying it is because I want to believe it.   If you don't have fact/evidence to support your comments you're literally letting someone you don't know decide how and what you think.  The amount of time it would take to do what you're saying,   You want their time to be worth zero?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

well i have 20 alts and the weekly "do 10 events" is killing me every week. I have to do silverwaste to get events and this with 20 alts. I can say its not fun. Some JP´s are also rly annoying because I have to turtle-taxi and port with mesmer my 20 alts to whole tyria to get the JP´s.

But why not getting rewarded with some gold after this torture?

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Vipanez.6145 said:

well i have 20 alts and the weekly "do 10 events" is killing me every week. I have to do silverwaste to get events and this with 20 alts. I can say its not fun. Some JP´s are also rly annoying because I have to turtle-taxi and port with mesmer my 20 alts to whole tyria to get the JP´s.

But why not getting rewarded with some gold after this torture?

Why not go into wvw each dollyak count as 1 event so when taking camp you can get 3 events in 1.

58 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Why not go into wvw each dollyak count as 1 event so when taking camp you can get 3 events in 1.

mostly i play 2 accounts "on the same time" (by swapping between my two monitors) and multiple accounts in wvw isnt allowed. Thats not worth to play one account.

I think SW is still best option for me to farm events. Time trials or heropoints dont count as event so i have to do SW.

Edited by Vipanez.6145

For my alt accounts, I just have 1 character I actively play, and the rest parked at JPs that normally count as events when the chest is opened:

coddler's cove, conundrum cubed, shattered ice ruins, skipping stones (but others can work)

In a few days of logging those characters in, I have the weekly 10x events finished, with zero effort plus bonus loot, some of which will count for 100 IDs and 50 salvages.

On 9/5/2023 at 8:53 PM, Daniyyel.3428 said:

"His math seems to be correct. "     meaning,  I don't know if it's correct but I'm gonna kvetch on forums about it,  saying it is because I want to believe it.   If you don't have fact/evidence to support your comments you're literally letting someone you don't know decide how and what you think.  The amount of time it would take to do what you're saying,   You want their time to be worth zero?

Why get this defensive on something that's so obvious? Yes, the amount of gold to be made on alt accounts provided they're eligible for wizard's vault is massive, way bigger than what login rewards used to be. To claim otherwise is just dishonest. 

Interesting, why don't you ban them?
-Then let's banish them.
-Also ban anyone who is not logged in for more than 1 hour a day. After all, it could be an alt.
-Remove the drop from those who gives less than 10k dps in an event.
-Remove the Drop from anyone who arrives at the boss with 10% of their HP missing, after all, that's not fair.
-Let's delete the accounts that are inactive, they could become alts.
-Taking advantage of this, ban those who remain stationary at the base in pvp.
-Or that they sit still in WvW, winning prizes.
-Let's ban everyone who sells items outside of the Trading Company. Or things that shouldn't be sold like Services, Gift of Mastery, Spirit Shard, Raid and achievements.
-And ban anyone who sends gold or item to another account or person.
-Ban anyone who takes advantage from a bug, like the one in the fractal where the boss stands still and dies in 20 seconds.
-And finally Ban everyone who disagrees. After all, it doesn't matter if he bought the game or not.

It's like those guys who see their co-worker who worked harder get promoted and get angry. Or you see a streamer who does 10 or 12 hours of live making a lot of money and thinks it's unfair.

Because in the end it's that speech, "If I can't do it, then no one can do it."

It's a Generation driven by anger and envy, which wants to see others get screwed. If your neighbor has a Ferrari, you probably think he's doing something illegal, like tax evasion or drug trafficking. It doesn't matter what he does, or how many hours he works.

• Like 2

On 9/2/2023 at 5:15 PM, Neferpitouh.4356 said:

It is the combination of average value of AA and how long does it take to get objectives done on alts. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/166c2id/alt_accounts_are_still_the_best_gold_making_in/

A dude who has a lot of alts there shares his gains. His math seems to be correct. 

LOL. I wouldn't be surprise if OP is making a living out of Gw2.

My opinion here is that, if anet doesn't care enough to take active action against this sort of behavior, is not my problem and honestly, shouldn't be yours. 

If you think this is the way you want to waste your free time, doing dailies/weeklys, in a video game, you do you, anet won't stop you. 

On 9/2/2023 at 10:36 PM, Hindenburg.3415 said:

And it's an issue why exactly ?

I will remind you that you can literally buy gold with money in this game. Also gen1 and 3 legendary weapons and raids for legendary armour. But it doesn't affect other players in any way.

buying raids? that sounds SUS and ToS violation. how you want to buy a raid without account sharing?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

But yeah, instead of punish people for "no-living" they should rather reward the people who play on their Main. Restrict 2Factor auth for 1 account per phone/person and that account is considered your main, and you get bonus stuff if you have 2factor auth enabled. Problem solved.

Doesnt work. 

How can I then maintain 2 main accounts?

Due to the STUPID 1 week cooldown and MASSIVE cost of moving, I have a main Eu and a main NA.
Your idea would kill the game for me. Those are 2 FULL accounts. FULLY payed for with ALL content.
1 allowed main would KILL the game for me.

Again an idea that hopefully gets shut down fast.

If one of those 2 MAIN accounts can no longer be a FULL account DESPITE owning EVERY expansion EVERY season etc etc... I will DEMAND MONEY BACK LOGICALLY!

STOP this hatred towards multibple accounts. 

6 hours ago, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

But yeah, instead of punish people for "no-living" they should rather reward the people who play on their Main. Restrict 2Factor auth for 1 account per phone/person and that account is considered your main, and you get bonus stuff if you have 2factor auth enabled. Problem solved.

Uh, why? One has to actually play an account to get a reward. Other than the gold rewards filtering into a main account, if someone is spending an hour playing | earning AA on alt accounts, that is an hour that they are not advancing | earning on the main account, so there is already a cost to playing alts. And either way, Anet has a player in-game, which seems to be one of the goals of the WV.

• Like 2