Volatile magic gathering, how good gold farm?

jokke.6239

I've done a bit of this today by following some taco routes, and I find it to be a pretty chill.

I got the volatile magic glyph from the gemstore sale that's going.

How much would you say you can make an hour and any tip on best routes/maps?

I know it's probably no where near what you can earn with other methods, but curious how good/bad it is 

• Sad 1

The price on trophy shipments seems to still be going up, so for a very relaxed farm, and something you can do if you need to take breaks for RL stuff, it should not be bad.  With the VM glyphs you might try doing the Bitterfrost berry farm, then you can get the UM boxes in Emberbay (cost more UM and less gold, so you can make a profit) to increase your gold return.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Erich.1783 said:

The price on trophy shipments seems to still be going up, so for a very relaxed farm, and something you can do if you need to take breaks for RL stuff, it should not be bad.  With the VM glyphs you might try doing the Bitterfrost berry farm, then you can get the UM boxes in Emberbay (cost more UM and less gold, so you can make a profit) to increase your gold return.

Thank you

Yes I've already done the bitterfrost farm since I got them

Chill map 🙂

On 9/4/2023 at 11:51 PM, jokke.6239 said:

How much would you say you can make an hour and any tip on best routes/maps?

The times I did it the methow was simple: a molten sickle (fastest animation along with the Consortium one) with volatility glyph . No paths of farming for a map, INSTEAD: only farming in rich nodes, complete list:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Node_farm

But I didn't farm in all. of them  I farmed in the most dense ones: Sandwept Isles, Dry Top, Drizzlewood, Seitung....   Or the ones with more valauble stuff (falx, seaweed, etc... ). I did a fast run in 5-6 of those then swapped character to do it again. After some trials, I reached the conclusion that doing fewer (2-4)with the larger crops was better than doing 5-6. the distance from waypoints, the existence or not of enemies around while farming were also taken in consideration.

How profitable was? Well, in Sandswept Isles rich farm you can get ~125 volatile magic in 90 seconds (the value of the crops is low, ~25 silver coins at most). With 16 characters you can get 2000 VM in 24 minutes, which would allow you to buy 8 throphy cest, which at the current rate would provide 6,8 gold coins (8x 0.85) + ~4 from the crops, so that could be maybe 10-11 gold coins or 25 minutes in the best case scenario? Not terrible, but you need characters and thw will to grind that and is worse in the other maps and nodes...  My current farm method is faster and provides similar benefit in 18-20 minutes.

Volatile farming is still useful but very dependent in materials fluctuation (was as low as 0.35 x chest before the expansion); ultimately is a good way to get legendary tier 5-6  stuff without paying taxes in the market, but in optimal conditions as single Dragonfall or Palawadan farm can deliver similar profits in 15 minutes...