Soulbeast damage

zyra.7860

On 9/11/2023 at 7:14 AM, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

This community is some kina wierd. U complain about soulbeats damage lmao...why? Is it cuz its the herd mentality to do so....... 

This game has builds  on every class that can one shot or close to ie press 3 or 4 buttons in succession and drop a players hp from full to 0 in secs. Chrono and such can pema stun lock u while u watch ur full hp go to 0 in secs if uve used ur stunbreak, wars can do similar or just one shot u with gunflame meme. DE and DD can strip someone's hp in secs from stealth...so can scrapper. Even dh can wreck someone from full hp to 0 in secs, yet u guys complain this much about soulbeat...why? Cuz a couple threads were made regarding it so now herd mentality sets in? As I said almost every single class in this game has a build that can match or even surpas slb bursts and some from cheesier situations like long stealth durations. I am so glad anet pretty much disregards balance ideas from the forums.

Most meme oneshot builds has long CDs for "oneshot combo" or kinda hard to execute. And those builds have very clear weaknesses. 

While current soulbeast is very easy to use, have not only "oneshot combo" but additional skills with high damage and pretty short CD. AND it has not so much weaknesses. And it is so opressive that it can counter builds which in theory should counter soulbeast.

I'd say the only weakness soulbeast has is NA ranger mains who can't get somewhat decent rating while having FOTM spec. So they are trying to defend their ego with saying soulbeast isn't that strong.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Gundam Style.8495 said:

We all know you mean hammer....or really just any vindicator. The dps to sustain is next on the block, the chopping block....shush

Herald and vindicator are one of the more balanced specs atm and may stay that way, not too op, not too weak, just perfect and still killable

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

4-5 stuns...please name them.  They have to be actual STUNS though not just CC's you are randomly blanketing as 'stun' (like the KDs merged boar and smokescale have).

Cause I know of only one stun memebeast may use and it's Hilt Bash.

It's important to me because there are various CC's and competitive players either ignore them or spam them and don't bother to have any situational awareness about which does what.  

Also, Ele pukes stability while in earth so I have no idea how you actually avoid having it?

Have to specify soulbeast here, as it's the only spec that can use its stunbreak offensively through Dolyak Stance.  Otherwise stab is somewhat hard to come by, either via elite in SoTP (which I haven't seen used since like 2017) and Untamed's Elite or super short duration like Shared Anguish or Druid's CA #5.  

Since Dolyak is already loaded, it would be 'healthier' to remove stability from there and add it to another stunbreak, like Lightning Reflexes or something.  As even without stability Dolyak is still reduced damage for stance duration and removes a bunch of movement impairing condis.

This is what these forums miss with all the salting--you have to compensate for any nerfs you do.  If you take from somewhere, you must make sure to give back elsewhere.  That way you create balance instead of taking a hatchet to things because silvers / low golds keep getting bodied by memes.

Im not going to name them becuase you know exactly what I am talking about, but are engaging billion dollar lawyer tactics.. which is very telling in itself.

What ele pukes out stability in earth? Are you talking about staff tempest who has ZERO damage, has to trait for it, and has to transmute a reflect aura? Overload stability is highly balanced by the fact you are a pinyata while overloading. If not for stability while over loading, why even bother. Tempest is support which dicates -600 units to share a lot of utility.. at -600 you are well within range of gap closers and mutliple aoe cc. Stability is required.. on a spec that has no dps presense at all. You know how many times on SB, I turned around on 20% hp and ganked somebody chasing me with a quick stun+maul>pig maul? thats the power of DPS, staff tempest does not have that, so yes, it gets more sustain/survival. Wtf else do you expect?.... why do you think so few play staff? why don't you play staff? I at least played SB before I properly critisised it.

It sounds like youve never played support temepst on any load out.. to see how many times, while supporting your team, you get smacked with random aoe cc by enemy that are not even looking at you. Go on, call it bad positioning.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Grimjack.8130 said:

my brother in christ a knockdown is no different than a stun except in RP reasons.

Correct

9 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

They really are because knockdown has an animation component with it whereas stun does not.

💀🪑 kitten I wish I was this dedicated.

7 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Does knockdown shift your hitbox or does the game still treat you as standing?

Your hitbox does not change based on what CC you are currently under.

Further all races have the same skill hitboxes. They just look bigger or smaller visually based on who is using what. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Sweetbread.3678 said:

Man I wish I was dumb / self-deluded enough to be immune to irony; must be an incredibly convenient way to go through life.

Man, I wish I was dumb / self-deluded enough to use words I have no idea what the proper meaning is.  As it's not ironic to be pedantic about 'stun break' which applies to practically every CC in the game, but it is ironic to be pedantic about two different CC effects for the sake of forum trolling.

4 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Further all races have the same skill hitboxes. They just look bigger or smaller visually based on who is using what. 

'Skill Hitboxes' ARE hitboxes lol.  Hurtboxes can change based on race / character size and fairly sure during things like KD.

Or did everyone just think they made KD for the fun of it and to be utterly redundant with stun despite the obvious animation KD has? That's actually hilarious.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

'Skill Hitboxes' ARE hitboxes lol.  Hurtboxes can change based on race / character size and fairly sure during things like KD.

Or did everyone just think they made KD for the fun of it and to be utterly redundant with stun despite the obvious animation KD has? That's actually hilarious.  

holy mother of self gaslight

18 minutes ago, bethekey.8314 said:

This is a pure gold masterclass in petty arguing from @Gotejjeken.1267. You've missed the point by so much you're in a different galaxy 😂

The point of Grim trolling? Didn't miss that point--letting it go unchecked would've been a missed opportunity though.

1 hour ago, Grimjack.8130 said:

holy mother of self gaslight

Thanks for confirming I'm right.  

• Confused 1