Scrapper needs a nerf again

Deadmoose.6594

On 9/17/2023 at 11:40 AM, N A T E.3108 said:

I sincerely hate the grenade play style but engi is largely balanced around it. If it needs tuning, I’d rather the “snap ground target to target” option just be removed as an option for nades… literally would fix the problem with constant face roll pressure. Either way, even at current level, I still don’t see any form of engi really being oppressive in the meta. Yeah, okay, if you get a full stealth burst it can hit hard on glassy specs, but again, that requires setup dependent upon a 75s CD stealth. Honestly, even with support, scrap is very easy to target down or at least pressure away- ESPECIALLY if they already used their sneak gyro. I just don’t see this is being much of an issue, especially when you consider the current performance of all the A-S tier classes currently dominating the meta. 

I've not looked at targeting in so long.... I basically have the fast cast for nades... you put your cursor arrow somewhere and hit the button to throw there (so you lead a target to hit them when they have distance).  Is there a better option than this for nades?

When you're already losing a match and your team isn't the best, and the opposing team has a Scrapper with that set-up, it's pretty hard to comeback, but with a good team, they are not even an issue. They many times are in the downed state because their defences aren't many. I say that I play Core Engie most of the time!

Edited by Dirame.8521

I don't think I agree with OP on this personally. Yeah, grenade barrage from stealth is kinda annoying but it takes them more than a minute for one of those setups, and even if they get it great, they committed a ... what, 75(?) sec cd to nuke one person. Then they're just a normal teamfight class that's allergic to cc/condi. 

Should probably buff their mobility again to make them more flexible then deal with the nade situation.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

I've not looked at targeting in so long.... I basically have the fast cast for nades... you put your cursor arrow somewhere and hit the button to throw there (so you lead a target to hit them when they have distance).  Is there a better option than this for nades?

In options main page there’s actually a checkbox that will cause all ground targeting to lock onto your target with no aiming required (snap ground target to current target). It works for all angles including backwards. Obviously, a pro likely would do better at farther distances with the ability to lead their throws, but, from medium ranges and closer, the spammability from target snapping is just considerably stronger & more consistent. At the very least, it makes nades strong without any needed practice. 

Again though, engi damage is currently balanced around nades and it’s still not performing at a real high level- so I’m not really calling for nerfs at all… I’m just saying if something HAS to go to appease the balance monkeys, first take away the spammability from snapping and leave the damage for those like you who want to put in the effort to play the kit well. 

1 hour ago, N A T E.3108 said:

In options main page there’s actually a checkbox that will cause all ground targeting to lock onto your target with no aiming required (snap ground target to current target). It works for all angles including backwards. Obviously, a pro likely would do better at farther distances with the ability to lead their throws, but, from medium ranges and closer, the spammability from target snapping is just considerably stronger & more consistent. At the very least, it makes nades strong without any needed practice. 

Again though, engi damage is currently balanced around nades and it’s still not performing at a real high level- so I’m not really calling for nerfs at all… I’m just saying if something HAS to go to appease the balance monkeys, first take away the spammability from snapping and leave the damage for those like you who want to put in the effort to play the kit well. 

that fricken explains a lot.... I couldn't figure out how so many people were so accurate at close range and while running away....... 

8 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

snap target should not be in the game, fast is okay, but snap is target bot, basically a cheat given to players by devs.

• Like 2