double duo vs 1 duo

Bast.7253

11 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

Could you get a double duo vs a full solo? Cause that would be ridiculous 

I forget my exact ranking because this was awhile back. I solo queued, this exact situation happened ( double duo on other side) and I got hit with a big fat -23 for my efforts. This kind of thing actually happens more than you'd think too, at least the higher one climbs, and especially if they're solo.

The problems in pvp now have been problems at least the past 5 years though.  I seriously cannot recommend gw2 pvp to any new player. It's just not worth their time. That's my honest opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

yeah I see this all the time.  It's just cause of the way the MMR's work out.  If one of the people in that duo is some alt with a crap MMR... then the match can totally just work out it makes sense to place both duos on the same team.

• Like 2

What saddens me is that you are actually disincentivised to play the game by the match maker if you're at a higher rank.  Had a friend who yesterday won three matches, lost two and ended up lower rank overall.  Would have been better for him not to play.

The higher you get in the rankings the much more likely the above scenario is.

Edited by shion.2084
  • Thanks 3

I do like that it shows who is grouped now. I still think people have found ways around the two person queue as I’ve seen a few matches where it looked more like a 3 person comp. I know that double duo also happened to have a much higher overall rating than my team full of names I did not recognize. 

But anyway - a nice change even if I still don’t think duo queue should be allowed. I know you have outliers of people that just want to rank up with one other person like the Mesmer and thief husband wife duo I used to see in matches all the time but overall it seems ridiculous and entirely at the suggestion of specific people that need it to gain an advantage. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bast.7253 said:

I do like that it shows who is grouped now. I still think people have found ways around the two person queue as I’ve seen a few matches where it looked more like a 3 person comp. I know that double duo also happened to have a much higher overall rating than my team full of names I did not recognize. 

Something is up with it.

I often see matches where it has a bunch of 1500 - 1650 range players stacked all on one side, whereas the other side has like one 1500 and then a bunch of random actual new players who visually are clearly like silver 3 or gold 1 at best. Like you can check the leaderboards and see that something is up with these matches. And no, low population isn't an excuse when the match maker definitely has what it needs to make a balanced skew, but chooses to stack higher rated on one side. Something is wrong with that, and you can see from time spent queueing that it seems to be certain accounts that often get the benefit of these kinds of stacked matches.

I have no idea what's going on lately, but it's beyond classic win trading. I am quite convinced, have been for awhile, that someone has figured out how or has access to be able to manipulate the seeding directly.

Call me crazy, but the past 10 years has shown that every time I notice something like this, it's only a matter of time before it gets exposed and proves itself to be true. Patterns happening in a mathematical algorithm don't lie man. Thing that confuses me, is how more people don't notice these things.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Something is up with it.

I often see matches where it has a bunch of 1500 - 1650 range players stacked all on one side, whereas the other side has like one 1500 and then a bunch of random actual new players who visually are clearly like silver 3 or gold 1 at best. Like you can check the leaderboards and see that something is up with these matches. And no, low population isn't an excuse when the match maker definitely has what it needs to make a balanced skew, but chooses to stack higher rated on one side. Something is wrong with that, and you can see from time spent queueing that it seems to be certain accounts that often get the benefit of these kinds of stacked matches.

I have no idea what's going on lately, but it's beyond classic win trading. I am quite convinced, have been for awhile, that someone has figured out how or has access to be able to manipulate the seeding directly.

Call me crazy, but the past 10 years has shown that every time I notice something like this, it's only a matter of time before it gets exposed and proves itself to be true. Patterns happening in a mathematical algorithm don't lie man. Thing that confuses me, is how more people don't notice these things.

I agree, the top ten looks extremely suspicious 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

Ive had that twise, and its absolute insane that its even possible.. what kind of fail had to go on in the algorythms to come up with that. Duo on one team and not the other is fairly common, but not so much. Its regular for one team to get 2 supports.. while the other get 0, which isnt down to class swaps. I don't know how that even happens.. maybe core specs taking healing line or something, being counted as healers, when they are not.

Edited by Flowki.7194

1 hour ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Something is up with it.

People will say this is a conspiracy but given events with the balance discord, I honestly have wondered the same. I suspect it’s less “has figured out how” and more had access/insider help.

So do we have a friend behind the scenes, leverage to get free rein to do whatever we want, or some third party/service that’s allowing people to do things they shouldn’t be able to do. Is someone aware of this exploit/vulnerability and keeping it unaddressed means less bad pr? Keep quiet about this and we let you have this game mode? 

Idk. I mean it doesn’t matter to me at this point and I wouldn’t expect to rank up anyway but when 7/10 matches are either heavily skewed blowouts or I feel like I’m rated higher than I should be internally and expected to carry a match against two leaderboard folks in a low gold match… it gets old. And it’s been this way for a few years now. It’s difficult not to get jaded when the matchmaking feels like it’s been engineered. 

Also doesn’t help when you cross a new threshold into gold 2 or gold 3 and suddenly see the same crew of name1 on your team against name2 on the other team. The person on your team who was steamrolling you last match is suddenly forgetting keybinds, standing off point on a ranged class 2v1ing a partially capped point.

I mean if it’s some mass organized/targeted behavior towards me that’s fine. I don’t really care and on my worse days I’ve done enough to warrant it and am trying to be better but I’m not writing it off as a “conspiracy” because the pvp community in this game is very small and very clique-y. You anger one person enough, suddenly you have a mob mentality. It’s weird. 

Anyway - no I definitely think you’re right and have for some time. I just haven’t mentioned any of my theories because I know it’s pointless. But the suspicious dc’s and lag spikes, the oddly inconsistent behavior of people I know play better than me suddenly playing like a silver 1 on my team, the biweekly account name changes, the swarm of alt accounts - some with 2 or 3 and frequently post on here. 

It’s just a good laugh at this point. And hey, I don’t think I’ve seen any bots or teleport hacks in months so that’s good. A few “why can’t I finish this down” incidents still though.

• Thanks 1

I'm giving up on s-pvp 146X rating - over 1.5k games with not even one of them being in premade.
Even if i make it to Plat it still feel pointless since anyone who's not completely braindead and play in premade will be at least plat 3 as well, even as much as a tittle for making it solo would mean something but i guess A-Net is too busy with much serious issues like "removing pronounces cause 0.1% of the player base getting offended."

• Like 1

On 9/15/2023 at 5:25 PM, Dickinson.7368 said:

I'm giving up on s-pvp 146X rating - over 1.5k games with not even one of them being in premade.
Even if i make it to Plat it still feel pointless since anyone who's not completely braindead and play in premade will be at least plat 3 as well, even as much as a tittle for making it solo would mean something but i guess A-Net is too busy with much serious issues like "removing pronounces cause 0.1% of the player base getting offended."

Really gotta despise the yokeness and pronounces.