Nerf threads pointing at whole class rather than specifics

Arheundel.6451

Those sorts of threads should just be considered a whimsical rant from a bruised ego...somebody just lost a 1v1s and needs to vent his/her frustration. We all know that each profession can, at any given point in time, have access to overperforming abilities in need of tuning down but.....that's different than expecting the whole profession to be neutered out of spite, that never happened so far...and yet some people still believe that professions should be nerfed out of the game.

Within the scope of this thread, I'll just say this: asking for overall nerfs without describing the actual problem, makes your level of skill, quite obvious and that extends to whoever supports you.

Luckily it would appear that the current balance team works using actual data rather than ranting threads filled with emotions

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Luckily it would appear that the current balance team works using actual data rather than ranting threads filled with emotions

I wouldn't go that far.

For instance, half the soulbeast threads didn't describe any problem, which is why they just nerfed soulbeast specific things instead of balancing the class properly.  I say this because soulbeast still does a ton of damage and the rest of the ranger specs are still overly difficult to play at value, but people are quiet now as they saw some random butcher knife nerfs go out and went away.

We could solve this by putting a players maximum lifetime rating on the forums or have some way to display current rating (would be harder due to the decay dodgers), something to weed out the vocal minority who can barely find their keyboard from the few competent people that still remain here.

Without that we'll just get the blanket nerf threads en masse about whatever kills people the most.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

I feel like this game is not great at handling balance, and i will elaborate.

There is a issue where people will say (X) class is overpowered NERF NERF without specifics or lie about what it does like:

NERF Guardian DH its trap 1 shot people but each class has its specific things they are strong/weak at and people don't mention said things.If you lay that trap down and people see you, they will know to avoid it, making it harder to make people land in trap.

We need a ability to teach people to understand their class and others somehow with tutorial explaining and not a FOTM class that is best.This plus favoritism and not always having teams thoroughly test certain classes. I've seen problems go on for long periods of time after nerfs and leaving them butchered and barely functional.

Maybe allow people to all test changes before implement? and also have devs test it out specifically? i don't know a lot about ranger i'm not a ranger main i'm sure there are players out there who can say this and that about whats good and bad about changes, point is for classes to be fun and viable and not necessarily just (MEME) status.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Those sorts of threads should just be considered a whimsical rant from a bruised ego...somebody just lost a 1v1s and needs to vent his/her frustration. We all know that each profession can, at any given point in time, have access to overperforming abilities in need of tuning down but.....that's different than expecting the whole profession to be neutered out of spite, that never happened so far...and yet some people still believe that professions should be nerfed out of the game.

Within the scope of this thread, I'll just say this: asking for overall nerfs without describing the actual problem, makes your level of skill, quite obvious and that extends to whoever supports you.

Why do you think half of the classes feel like garbage and people are starting to legit stop playing PvP altogether? Who wants to play a gamemode that has half messed up traits or cd nerfs that make no sense or skills that flat out don't exist. At least in WvW I know my crap works and I can have some semblance of fun compared to PvP where we have amulets that don't do anything, sigils that carry no impacts, relics that flip flop between useless or broken, and whole specs unviable because Anet decided to listen forum clowns. 

This has been going on for literal YEARS and no one batted an eyelash at the fact people would incorrectly point out the problems of classes, instead of taking the time to play the class and figure out which trait/skill/weapon was actually problematic. Whole classes had been destroyed because of this mindset, but again, no one is really wanting to talk about that except for the few who isn't afraid to call people out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Dreams.3128 said:

Why do you think half of the classes feel like garbage and people are starting to legit stop playing PvP altogether? Who wants to play a gamemode that has half messed up traits or cd nerfs that make no sense or skills that flat out don't exist. At least in WvW I know my crap works and I can have some semblance of fun compared to PvP where we have amulets that don't do anything, sigils that carry no impacts, relics that flip flop between useless or broken, and whole specs unviable because Anet decided to listen forum clowns. 

This has been going on for literal YEARS and no one batted an eyelash at the fact people would incorrectly point out the problems of classes, instead of taking the time to play the class and figure out which trait/skill/weapon was actually problematic. Whole classes had been destroyed because of this mindset, but again, no one is really wanting to talk about that except for the few who isn't afraid to call people out. 

🏆
Yeah

WvW is the only place I can have fun these days, I can either roam and duel, join small groups and cloud stuff and also join bigger groups in a squad, Id rather deal with celestial builds there than be forced to play the exact way some devs and conquest fanatics want me to play their only game mode, they have made a lot of classes very unidimensional just because of conquest.
And the reason I frequent these forums is because some very stupid, out-of-touch nerfs do make it into WvW, unfortunately. Every class has suffered from this.

Edited by Sereath.1428

2 minutes ago, Sereath.1428 said:

🏆
Yeah

WvW is the only place I can have fun these days, I can either roam and duel, join small groups and cloud stuff and also join bigger groups in a squad, Id rather deal with celestial builds there than be forced to play the exact way some devs and conquest fanatics want me to play their only game mode, they have made a lot of classes very unidimensional.
And the reason I frequent these forums is because some very stupid, out-of-touch nerfs do make it into WvW, unfortunately. Every class has suffered from this.

Surprisingly though, most don't make it through and we got to praise to Balthazar for that one. At least I can play a Weaver build that is not condi nor healing. God knows that doesn't exist here in this wasteland of a gamemode.

• Like 1

What if we know the player we are imagining when we start these rants? Like if I knew a revenant who has played like hot dogs hit for years, and waffle them just last week, and magically after the update, they got good? I don't have enough faith in the person to improve so much in 7 days. The build just might be OP. All hypotheticals here.

11 hours ago, Dreams.3128 said:

I stopped playing pvp for this reason exactly.The out of control  nerfs/Buffs complete 360 changes to classes turn me off.Oh you learned the rotation to ele for catalyst? GOOD FOR YOU Nerf x now relearn KBYE!! have fun relearning catalyst. They even do this for pve and it annoys me to no end when i need to relearn a class.

Edited by Axl.8924
  • Like 2