Guardian in pvp is no fun anymore

Balsa.3951

the slowest class 

low substain if u not heavenly invest in it

low mobility to disengage

dmg is good but whats the use once my burst is gone i need run but i cant.

with the removal of trapper runes Dh is lost 

supp guard doesn't work in random bcs to slow once u are be.catched alone u cant leave.

wb in theory great in practice its like a thief without stealth.

plz plz give us more base hp at least  or something else for disengage.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

the slowest class 

supp guard doesn't work in random bcs to slow once u are be.catched alone u cant leave.

Arenanet doesn't listen its obvious because if they do we don't have to post something like this in the forums. Guardian is still way behind to other classes in terms of class design i'm hoping Arenanet will give more thoughts and time to rework the guardian.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Core guard: the only guard build you should be playing to be useful to your team but even then you're playing with kamikaze pilots that only know how to yell "TENNO HEIKA BANZAI" before dying in a 1v5.

DH: If god looked your way then this and dual swords + gs goes insane in team-fights, anything else and the people you're fighting will look at you like you're stupid.

WB:

WB: I activate my spell card "Feel My Wrath!", this gives my other weapon and virtue effects a +20% crit chance and 6s of quickness. Then I activate Sword 5! This allows me to dash and then shadow-step to my opponent to then link it with Immobilize! 

...and we didn't shadow-step because the opponent was slightly too far and now the weapon skill is on cd. Even if you don't use FMW and use Renewed Focus instead for the sustain and potential of a second burst then its jus the same kitten all over again, they either tp away, kite, invuln, block, or interrupt (which probably doesn't happen since you have stability up...right?) and we have nothing to respond aside from movement abilities. But say you do get your burst combo off on your enemy, 50 bucks says you didn't kill them because kitten near everyone is running some high hp build except thieves.

I also love how my Crashing Course + Judge's Intervention combo doesn't shadow-step properly 50% of the time.

Can't even hold points because the warrior decided he wanted to ruin someone's day and he chose you to witness him hitting his keyboard with his forehead and 

FB: Probably the most disrespectful thing to ever happen to guardian. An entire spec just unable to compete even in normal spvp, and it got worse in PvE before it could crawl out the trashcan for PvP.

Guardian all in all feels awful outside of PvE. It’s very hard to secure kills when our most damaging abilities are so easily outran and us having no way to CC our opponent except for the insanely tight window called immobilize. Unless you run Hammer but if they're not dodging those insanely long animations then they're just a free kill for basically anyone at that point. 

Edited by thief.7429
Typo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 9/20/2023 at 12:04 AM, Sovarica.4368 said:

I miss core duelist used to be so good now reduced to something that's pretty much the culprit on the team for the loss

Agreed. DH replaced Core dps a long time ago (prior to the trapper runes nerf) and honestly, I don't miss core dps guard at all... but then again, I never played core guard meta builds in that era. The last core guard build that I liked was back when Writ of Persistence had better symbol healing along with a wider radius. Before that, I just liked burn guard more than core power bursts. Ironically, WB power bursts is the most fun I've had on any Guardian spec. I feel I should have just been an Engi main lol.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2023 at 11:32 AM, Balsa.3951 said:

the slowest class 

There's no need to disengage if you always win your fights 😎

Jokes aside. What do you mean you can't disengage? I guess if you blow all your skills on your target then sure, but if you saved your disengage skills you would definitely be able to disengage. For instance, DH can get away by simply using GS Leap of Faith with Wings of Resolve and (if you're like me who carries Merciful Intervention every where I go you can blink to a teammate) Use Sword 2 to blink to a far away enemy or something. 

Disengaging with Firebrand is harder though. What I do is use "Advance", enter tome of courage use 5 and 3 and either spam 1 till pages run out or switch to Tome of Resolve and get some healing whilst i run.

Running is Super easy with WB. Don't even need to explain that one. If you want a fast CD WB where you always have your skills off cooldown, try this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWABsyx/lhyWZXMM2IeyX2RLA-D6IeGZKFyXFI0DBAA

You can use whatever weapons you like. I just prefer that selection myself.

Edited by Dirame.8521
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Dirame.8521 said:

Disengaging with Firebrand is harder though. What I do is use "Advance", enter tome of courage use 5 and 3 and either spam 1 till pages run out or switch to Tome of Resolve and get some healing whilst i run.

I use this strategy too. Also focus 5 to block attacks and Judge's to chase or run (just look for a dolyak). With the new SOTO options, I'm finding FB more enjoyable in WVW, even when roaming. Relic of Speed and OH sword really help. I have no experience with sPVP though.

Guardian feels a bit miserable right now, pretty sure Scourge does it better than core support. Only thing left is Willbender and that's still kind of slight above mid tier also kinda rare seeing a Guardian in Plat nowadays just by walking through the lobby seems like it's all Necro or Mesmer. Anyways hopefully the next patch makes things a bit better

In sPvP, it is all about teamwork, if you want to self-roaming a far point at the beginning, most probably failed and died, and come here to complain in the forum, that is sad because Guardian build is not meant for that. Furthermore, you want to deal deep DPS and disengage easily? Perhaps Thief is a much better class for you, not Guardian. If every single class can disengage easily from battle,  what will GW2 become? I think it would be ridiculous as hell.

There are no OP  nor weak classes, just OP players that know what their class is able to do to outperform others, able to just slightly check on the minimap for a possible confrontation etc etc. Heck, veteran sPvP players can even predict which team will win based on the class composition before the match starts.

Yes, based HP needs to be increased, that was the first ever request/ complain from the base player since it was launched, but Anet just treating it like a non-issue.

Edited by yLoon.5289
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, yLoon.5289 said:

If every single class can disengage easily from battle,  what will GW2 become? I think it would be ridiculous as hell.

GW2 is not about what classes can do what you want, it's about what builds can do what you want. Classes define how you do it (and a bunch of other things like concept, themes, playstyle, and feel).

If you want to do something particular in the game, chances are your class can do it if you make the right build. This is not always the case, but it's the general game design. Has been since 2012. Devs just lost their way and let it slip for a bit before getting back on the right track. There are still some deficiencies remaining that are highlighted when playing guardian in sPVP. 

On 9/29/2023 at 10:23 PM, Dirame.8521 said:

There's no need to disengage if you always win your fights 😎

Jokes aside. What do you mean you can't disengage? I guess if you blow all your skills on your target then sure, but if you saved your disengage skills you would definitely be able to disengage. For instance, DH can get away by simply using GS Leap of Faith with Wings of Resolve and (if you're like me who carries Merciful Intervention every where I go you can blink to a teammate) Use Sword 2 to blink to a far away enemy or something. 

Running is Super easy with WB. Don't even need to explain that one. If you want a fast CD WB where you always have your skills off cooldown, try this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWABsyx/lhyWZXMM2IeyX2RLA-D6IeGZKFyXFI0DBAA

You can use whatever weapons you like. I just prefer that selection myself.

u run away and pray no one chase u. ur 25 running speed will not get u far. blink to a team mate... others can do solo.

3 blocks from focus thats insta gone

• Confused 1