Alliances are officially dead!

Ya Ya Yeah.7381

They should fix tiers first. 

Bigger loot to top tiers so that there would be motivation to be tier 1 (perhaps also a small badge next to the name - "top 1 wvw server of the week") and completely abandon the fact that ppt is determining who belongs to tier 1. Top kill count servers should be tier 1, tier 2 and top ppt-ers should be tier 3 & tier 4. The current system is completely useless and easily manipulated. Also completely unfair. Because at the moment all tiers are mixed by strong players - guilds and beginners. It would be fair if experienced players fight each other T1, T2. Not hunting newbies in every tier for easier kill stats.

After the tiers repair, you can continue working on the mythical alliance project.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 6

35 minutes ago, TheIceman.1039 said:

Bigger loot to top tiers so that there would be motivation to be tier 1 (perhaps also a small badge next to the name - "top 1 wvw server of the week") and completely abandon the fact that ppt is determining who belongs to tier 1. Top kill count servers should be tier 1, tier 2 and top ppt-ers should be tier 3 & tier 4. The current system is completely useless and easily manipulated. Also completely unfair. Because at the moment all tiers are mixed by strong players - guilds and beginners. It would be fair if experienced players fight each other T1, T2. Not hunting newbies in every tier for easier kill stats.

After the tiers repair, you can continue working on the mythical alliance project.

under this system bg would be classified as t3/t4 despite being the #2 server in t1 with respectable kdr most weeks. iirc some weeks they have less kills than servers in t4 just because they don't show up against maguuma unless it's in a 50 man boon blob.

1 hour ago, TheIceman.1039 said:

Suggesting to "fix tiers" like this is about the same as suggesting to fix the Titanic by slapping Flex tape on the hull.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

So, the boon ball zerg guilds have no way to join up together to create the ultimate boon ball zerg so they can tunnel down SMC lord. Haha. This is kind of a back handed nerf to the boon ball battalion. Or is it?

To me this news kind of signals the end of any new WvW content outside of gimmick weeks but that just doesn't really appeal to me.

If they aren't going to do alliances the least that they can do is STOP THE LINKS. #STOP LINKSTINK. 

Actually, I have a better idea, all transfers end accept those that want to transfer to Maguuma. Hahaha.

Edited by Crazy.6029
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Crazy.6029 said:

So, the boon ball zerg guilds have no way to join up together to create the ultimate boon ball zerg so they can tunnel down SMC lord. Haha. This is kind of a back handed nerf to the boon ball battalion. Or is it?

You really are crazy...

They've already been joining up through guilds in the WR betas, they'll just continue to do that.... 🤷‍♂️

And thanks for posting yet another thread on this, we already had 5 from yesterday....

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Crazy.6029 said:

Tell me how anything is going to change in WvW. Don't give me a bunch of semantics, just list out how WvW is going to change from what it is now? 

"Servers" will have no real significance anymore.

You are going to get put on a team with your wvw guild mates.

Potentially everyone except your guild mates will be different after the next round of team making.

You won't be able to transfer to a winning team, or any team, you will only be able to change your wvw guild, and that won't take effect until the next team assignment.

If you don't have a guild you will get assigned to a team in a potentially random fashion and potentially everyone else could change the next time teams are assigned.

It will be very hard for a guild to be as dominant as some servers are now as each guild will only make up a small part of the team.

How effectively the team building algorithms will be in producing even matchups remains to be seen.

Edited by blp.3489
  • Thanks 6

7 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Did you read it? Because it says...

Hold on...OP dropped a link without stating his opinion. 

Where is the witch-hunt?

"So didn't have anything to say.  No conversation to be had.Get enough of these kinds of "retweets" without commentary on other social media platforms.  Might as well be posted by bots at the rate humanity is going with this".
- chaba 2023

Hey chaba i see double standards in here  😂

Chaba is one of those types that thinks they are smart, but that is what actually stops them from learning.

My whole point is that, there is no date, there is nothing different right now and all it is, is a bunch of words with no date. So, nothing has changed and I say nothing will change. Prove me wrong.

Sorry for confusing you Chaba. lmao.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, ilMasa.2546 said:

Hold on...OP dropped a link without stating his opinion. 

Where is the witch-hunt?

"So didn't have anything to say.  No conversation to be had.Get enough of these kinds of "retweets" without commentary on other social media platforms.  Might as well be posted by bots at the rate humanity is going with this".
- chaba 2023

Hey chaba i see double standards in here  😂

Oh excuse me.  I didn't realize resharing a link without writing ANYTHING, like on that other thread, is the same as posting commentary with a link.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

11 hours ago, Crazy.6029 said:

At least they communicated it to us 🙂 Now we know. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/studio-update-september-2023/

I was traveling and missed this.

Ok, so, what do we have to look forward to now in WvW?

It's not like Alliances would have changed anything about the fact that there hasn't been a new map in ages, nor any new mechanics that would have spiced up the same old, same old that is WvW.

3 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

It's not like Alliances would have changed anything about the fact that there hasn't been a new map in ages, nor any new mechanics that would have spiced up the same old, same old that is WvW.

Its about sending a message man, "Notice me senpai!", not because of people actually wanting, like as if in dire need of, alliances. 

• Haha 1

Although there were problems, the somewhat successful beta tests give me hope that they can deliver WR in a timeframe measured in months.  For some time now I haven't had any confidence in Alliances actually being delivered ever, most likely due to cancelation of the project due to lack of results.

7 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

You could've just read the blog post and answer your own questions instead of demanding on the forum that other people TLDR it for you.

I mean you have 4.4k messages on this board...doesnt hurt you to reply with a tldr for that guy.

You are going to reply anyways...be helpfull once 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1