stupid cantha dailies [Merged]

bossdonut.1938

I have not seen a "new" daily in many days. I also have two accounts. One has EOD and the other does not so I see two sets of dailies each day.

In order to make weeklies they had to split off things like JP and mini-dungeons from the old list. With 3 categories for PVE/PVP/WVW the lists are even more seperate. While they have added a few token dailies I am guessing that there may only be 20ish possible dailies on the list. Therefore if you are PVE only you will get 4 non-login dailies from the short list resulting in lots of duplicates.

In my opinion ANET needs to add a lot more dailies to every category or better yet give us back our 12 options and just make us pick 3.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Qing Guang.6389 said:

This. There are a TON of minidungeons in the game, so why do I keep getting the same one? Either it's not pulling from all of them (prioritizing newer content?) or something's buggy.

Also really agree with this. It's kind of starting to feel like Anet's just picking the minidungeons/activites/jumping puzzles (*cough The Long Way Around *cough) players avoid (and most likely dislike) the most and prioritizing those for the dailies/weeklies...

• Like 5
  • Confused 4

19 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

My guess is that it's because most of the other "minidungeons" are just random chests in a cave. Running to an object, pressing f and porting out is closer to being a vista than to being any dungeon.

The other repeating "minidungeon" in dailies is The Long Way Around though, and that's exactly how i did it every time it was up - enter the (underwater) cave, run to the chest, open it, tp away. Meanhwile Vexxa lab wasn't in dailies even once so far.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

Just now, Astralporing.1957 said:

The other repeating "minidungeon" in dailies is The Long Way Around though, and that's exactly how i did it every time it was up - enter the (underwater) cave, run to the chest, open it, tp away. Meanhwile Vexxa lab wasn't in dailies even once so far.

it was for core only accounts quite afew times.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

it was for core only accounts quite afew times.

Thank gods for that at least, it means there's a chance some other minidungeons may still show up for people with more than core content. At least i hope so. I'd rather see more variety on those, though, instead of getting spirit vestibule every week for months to come.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

yes hello i was going to make a new thread but i see someone has bumped this so ill post it here

hello it is yet another stupid cantha dailies mission and i hate them because they are stupid. i would like to reroll these missions to anything else but we are stuck with this stupid dailies mission and i dont like it

thanks for reading.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

Skip doing it? You should have 3 other missions to do.

I got Vexa's lab on at least two accounts today, and I'm just skipping it. 😐 10AA is nothing.

and they are completely worthless after you reach the cap (which could and should be removed) "There is a 15,000 achievement point cap on points rewarded from Daily Completionist. This is the combined total from the new Wizard's Vault Daily, and the historical Daily achievements and Monthly achievements."

• Confused 3

4 hours ago, Blude.6812 said:

and they are completely worthless after you reach the cap (which could and should be removed) "There is a 15,000 achievement point cap on points rewarded from Daily Completionist. This is the combined total from the new Wizard's Vault Daily, and the historical Daily achievements and Monthly achievements."

AA not AP your reply make no sence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Blude.6812 said:

?? I gotta go with Linken's response. Did you misread my 10AA as 10AP? 10 Astral Acclaim.

I was meaning that you only need to complete 3 of the 4 dailies, collect your shiny daily Astral Acclaim (AA) + luck + 1g, and call it a day. Don't need to do all 4 dailies for what amounts to silver if the 4th daily is "bad."

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

Must have been a soto thing my accounts had activity, 3 combo finisher and either heart of thorns vista or 3 dodges

All four of my accounts had Activity today (2 with everything to EoD, 1 with only HoT/PoF, 1 with heroic). Sucks because it's Southsun Survival, which would be fun with guildies; not so much with randoms. AFK and wait to die.

On 9/23/2023 at 4:16 PM, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

?? I gotta go with Linken's response. Did you misread my 10AA as 10AP? 10 Astral Acclaim.

I was meaning that you only need to complete 3 of the 4 dailies, collect your shiny daily Astral Acclaim (AA) + luck + 1g, and call it a day. Don't need to do all 4 dailies for what amounts to silver if the 4th daily is "bad."

My bad! Misread it. Sorry for my confusion.  (p.s.-that being said I still feel the 15000 cap should be removed)

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/19/2023 at 10:04 AM, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

Triple Trouble as a weekly/daily please 🙂

Maybe not a daily, but I'd vote for throwing it into the weekly rotation.

That might actually prompt enough players to show up for it to not fail once in a while. Tired of showing up for the start and seeing maybe 10 players there total.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

Maybe not a daily, but I'd vote for throwing it into the weekly rotation.

That might actually prompt enough players to show up for it to not fail once in a while. Tired of showing up for the start and seeing maybe 10 players there total.

Make a lot of players show to it who normally don't, and it'd be a near guaranteed fail.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Make a lot of players show to it who normally don't, and it'd be a near guaranteed fail.

I don't know where you got that "near guaranteed fail" from, but that's not really true. Will it be a guaranteed success? Of course not -and I'm not sure how that's a bad thing, considering people learn content and then succeed. If some of the players want instant success no matter what on any blind playthrough they make, there might as well not be an event, just send out the rewards and be done with it.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

30 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I don't know where you got that "near guaranteed fail" from

Experience. The issue for that event is not dps, but coordination. Especially on the amber head, but on cobalt one as well.  Basically, you need at least 21 players on amber that can be organized well (beyond the level of normal OW pug). Probably more, because you'd want more than one reflecter and backup people for stomach as well, in case something goes wrong. On Cobalt you'd preferably want more organized crowd as well. On crimson you can get away with more typical OW crowd (as long as you supply reflecters), but you can hardly guarantee that's where the less experienced people will go. The ad-hoc groups, even on full maps, never succeeded in my experience. The ones that do were always preorganized squads that managed to gather on originally empty map and then allowed others to join.

Basically, a small number of more hardcore/veteran players can try to carry rest of the map when it's about dps, but it's way, way harder when large-scale (and quite precise) coordination is required.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

8 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Experience.

Interesting, considering when I was starting with that event, plenty of people needed explanations and it still wasn't "near guaranteed fail.

8 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

The issue for that event is not dps, but coordination.

Appreciated, but I don't need the event explained, seriously 😄 It's still not near guaranteed fail and people are capable of learning event mechanics, as well as communicating with each other.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Interesting, considering when I was starting with that event, plenty of people needed explanations and it still wasn't "near guaranteed fail.

Appreciated, but I don't need the event explained, seriously 😄 It's still not near guaranteed fail.

Plenty of people needed explanations, but you probably already had an organized core that covered all that was needed. Or it wasn't an explanation for a mostly ad-hoc group at all, but for a semi-organized one.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, Astralporing.1957 said:

Plenty of people needed explanations, but you probably already had an organized core that covered all that was needed. Or it wasn't an explanation for a mostly ad-hoc group at all, but for a semi-organized one.

Initially I didn't. And considering it would for example be part of a weekly (that's what it was about, right?), I'd say there's no reason to somehow assume suddenly only new players would want to grab that aa and there wouldn't be experienced players around.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Initially I didn't. And considering it would for example be part of a weekly (that's what it was about, right?), I'd say there's no reason to somehow assume suddenly only new players would want to grab that aa and there wouldn't be experienced players around.

It's a matter of proportions. You really need that core experienced (and well organized) group to pull it off. If such a group is there, for everyone else it may seem to be easy, but it's still the most difficult OW event in this game. Even DE is a very far second.

If there's too much normal players interested in that event (which would happen if it were in daily), the proportions of experienced players to the "daily pug crowd" would get so skewed it would practically guarantee most squads would not have that organized core.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4