Make Legendary SotO Armor Sellable! [Merged]

kenzil.5983

42 minutes ago, kenzil.5983 said:

wich cost?

the same cost that made legendary gen 3 weapons tradable for the sake of keeping that legendary gen2 weapon cost/investment valuable right?

(EoD)

the same cost that made anet to introduce a legendary gen 1 weapon starter kit right?

(WV)

the same cost that lead them to reintroduce the best mount in the game (skyscale) and make it more accessible and easier to get for everyone right?

(SotO)

Okay I'll summarize 1nce again:

1. cost to status quo, not going to repeat this given this was explained by me recently.

2. gen3 being trade able had nothing to do with gen2s. It literally was the developers attempt at generating revenue via the trading post AND making their recent changes to quality of life with legendaries a goal to a wider audience (plus the free precursor with the "Return to" achievements was their approach to stem the tide of players loss after IBS). They are now generating revenue vie motivations and the game is not in an as dire situation as post IBS

3. legendary gear being this desired WAS the goal. It was the developers goal to make MORE players commit to legendary gear. Players like yourself which would have been perfectly fine with exotic or ascended gear before the armory are now striving for legendary gear BECAUSE of its massive qol buffs. Your approach to this higher grind is to ask for the developers to offer pay to skip alternatives both circumventing the actual initial goal: make more players aim to get legendary gear as well as solve your new issue of:"I don't have enough time for this game any more with everything I want in it"

4. pay for convenience is actually very prominent in this game. We have pay for: characters, bag slots, bank slots, templates/builds, permanent harvesting tools, permanent salvage kits, transmutation charges, etc. All universally greatly appreciated features which make the game better.... wait a second (are you getting the sarcasm?)

5. the new Skyscale is more accessible in that it doesn't require multiple living story episodes. As to actually unlocking it, have you done the new collection yet? On top of which there are benefits to having both Skyscales unlocked

6. the legendary gen1 starter kit falls into the exact same vein as point 3. It's sad you can't see this.

but please, keep repeating what you've been saying for 8 pages without acknowledging anything others write.

Think about this: you are repeating "I want pay to progress/win" in an 8 page long thread, demanding pay to progress/win elements be added to a game. That's you, just like all those Diablo Immortal monetization defenders the few which there where, and yet you are surprised that you are not getting wild cheers?

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Passerbye.6291 said:

it loses its value for people who have grinded for it

See this is all i see in this topic

people that are worried 

did my gen 2 weapons (i have 2 of them btw) loose their value when anet introduced gen 3s that are tradable?

did i loose all the fun i had over these years in the past by enjoying their QoL ?

no.

because tradeble and only grindable weapons are different and they keep their prestige values based on that simple fact.

we can have tradable and only grindable armor in the same way, period.

• Confused 7
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, kenzil.5983 said:

because tradeble and only grindable weapons are different and they keep their prestige values based on that simple fact.

Disproven by the sheer number of confusion reactions you've been receiving with this very premise, attesting to the fact that people would not be happy with it, period.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, kenzil.5983 said:

See this is all i see in this topic

people that are worried 

did my gen 2 weapons (i have 2 of them btw) loose their value when anet introduced gen 3s that are tradable?

did i loose all the fun i had over these years in the past by enjoying their QoL ?

no.

believe it or not:: some of us are not worried about our shiny losing its prestige. We are worried about where this pay to progress might lead.

As to legendaries:

- placed 87th on efficiency, was 35th to get Facet of Prisms and Boundless Light (and I was 2 weeks ahead of the player who unlocked all the skins at once, doing the same but not feeling like sharing)

- missing 2 gen2s, 4 gen1s in weapons mostly because to lazy to make them

and I don't give a kitten about others getting legendary gear or so (as in they are free to do so, more power to them. I'm happy with every player who gets engaged enough with the game to start this journey). Never swiped 1nce for gold, though I do buy skins occasionally. I care about this game not turning into a kitten fest of pay to win micro-transaction fiesta. You want pay for gear, play Diablo Immortal, don't you have a phone?

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Why make them sellable at all, then?  Just give them to the players.  For free.  Because that's what this argument will eventually boil down to.

Legendary items on the TP would probably have a significant gold cost as players strive to make profit on those who wish to buy them.  Then, the complaints will be that they are too expensive.  So, just make them for free and be done with it.  Because, at the end of the day, that what will happen.  It would be too much effort/time to come up with the gold needed to buy them.

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

Just now, Passerbye.6291 said:

Disproven by the sheer number of confusion reactions you've been receiving with this very premise, attesting to the fact that people would not be happy with it, period.

Anet couldn’t care less about the emotes that are slapped on to posts here, they are a big company and therefore driven by context not emotes or how many people cry or cheer to put it in another way…

imagine making changes to a multimillion dollar game just because enough people cheered and emoted about a post here that suggested the change (for example) of the way gems to gold exchange is determining the price of conversion.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

Just now, kenzil.5983 said:

Anet couldn’t care less about the emotes that are slapped on to posts here, they are a big company and therefore driven by context not emotes or how many people cry or cheer to put it in another way…

imagine making changes to a multimillion dollar game just because enough people cheered and emoted about a post here that suggested the change (for example) of the way gems to gold exchange is determining the price of conversion.

In short, and reflected in your communication so far: I don't give a kitten about what others think, I am right!

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, kenzil.5983 said:

Might want to read up on what happened with diablo 4 my friend, big companies care about the money they make, and therefore do care about what the customers want, but you know what, statistically speaking, if they don't care about the vast majority's opinion, it makes it all the less likely that they'll care for yours, so good luck with that.

Edited by Passerbye.6291
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

In short, and reflected in your communication so far: I don't give a kitten about what others think, I am right!

Not in this environment and its for the better because if i could face each of you in real life and see and get a feel of what you really were worried or had good arguments for id care alot more about what you thought about me. This is text to text and people might miss what im trying to point out here and at the same time i might be missing what you guys are trying to point out to me

• Haha 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, kenzil.5983 said:

Not in this environment and its for the better because if i could face each of you in real life and see and get a feel of what you really were worried or had good arguments for id care alot more about what you thought about me. This is text to text and people might miss what im trying to point out here and at the same time i might be missing what you guys are trying to point out to me

Posts on the forums, doesn't care about what others have to say, interesting 😄

• Like 4

Let’s assume for example it’s already planned to be tradable….

can you guys describe how it would affect you or how you would act after it got introduced already in to the game ?

lets play a game here id want to know what you do in that case ( not that it matters but it might help me understand your point of view better)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Passerbye.6291 said:

Posts on the forums, doesn't care about what others have to say, interesting 😄

Yes because the forum doesent contain the people with equal mindset value compared to people that are actually playing and enjoying the game right now.

in forums there is a tendency to have negative experiences that have to be told or maybe you go at it more so to wanting to change something wich people that right now play the game, dont have in their head because they are not here they are there and actually enjoying it.

Edited by kenzil.5983
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, kenzil.5983 said:

Yes because the forum doesent contain the people with equal mindset value compared to people that are actually playing and enjoying the game right now.

Still makes it entirely redundant for you to have made the post, seeing how you yourself suggested that anet doesn't care what anyone wants.
In any case, I'll refrain from replying any further as you've already closed all channels of communication. 
Good luck with all your endeavours.

Edited by Passerbye.6291
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, kenzil.5983 said:

Is an one loosing out on something if the QoL from legendary armor would be accessible to any one with limited time to buy from the tp whenever you felt like you didnt want to do the same old repetitive grind any more and instead would want to continue enjoying the game with the QoL features it gives you after having purchased that the amor even more?

There are other legendary armor sets that don't require a "same old repetitive grind" but are actually fun to get, like the PvE/raid sets.

Also, your argument regarding the "QoL" gear, again and again, reads like: "I want to own a castle, a simple house won't do!"😄 Are you saying that you don't even have the time to acquire ascended gear? If so, why do you play an MMO in the first place?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

32 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Then, the complaints will be that they are too expensive

If people would complain that the tradable legendarys were to expensive on the tp

it would even more so make them to want to get the account bound legendary sets instead.

basically if they are too expensive for casuals in this way any way, then they are just non existent for them at the same time too and it would incentivize them to do the normal account bound ones!

but with a cool twist to it that they could if they were to get burnt out chasing something, allways still be accessible from them to buy from the tp after having farmed gold over time passively.

wich is a nice addition to have.

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Just now, kharmin.7683 said:

But it's not.  You are not brainstorming.  You are saying what you believe will happen in order to support your argument. 

All i want is that people open up their mind and stop defending something they are worried about i dont think me or them will be able to stop something from getting implemented anet proved this in the past. My post is a suggestion nothing more i wish i could see that flower grow im biased towards it and ill try to prove things atleast in my point of view.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, kenzil.5983 said:

Let’s assume for example it’s already planned to be tradable….

can you guys describe how it would affect you or how you would act after it got introduced already in to the game ?

lets play a game here id want to know what you do in that case ( not that it matters but it might help me understand your point of view better)

Time for brainstorming 

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, kenzil.5983 said:

All i want is that people open up their mind and stop defending something they are worried about i dont think me or them will be able to stop something from getting implemented anet proved this in the past. My post is a suggestion nothing more i wish i could see that flower grow im biased towards it and ill try to prove things atleast in my point of view.

Shouldn't you be open minded to why they are defending opposition to your suggestion?

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Dibit.6259 said:

Shouldn't you be open minded to why they are defending opposition to your suggestion?

I am could make a few examples as to how  the issue im pointing out with accessibility of QoL armor to casuals or people with limited time would be fixable in other ways then making it tradable too

but making it tradable is as far as i can tell the superior way of accessibility to casuals since it also creates an eco system favoring each anet seller and grinder that gen 3 Aurene legendarys had proven to work in this game already on top of it.

No one here has jet to come forward to make a suggestion on this topic on how to make the QoL aspect of armor accessible to people with limited time but instead pointed out they should just do the same old repetitive and borring grind to get it and if not they should just live with it ?

But they are very open minded by saying this for some reason yeah sure.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, kenzil.5983 said:

I am could make a few examples as to how  the issue im pointing out with accessibility of QoL armor to casuals or people with limited time would be fixable in other ways then making it tradable too

but making it tradable is as far as i can tell the superior way of accessibility to casuals since it also creates an eco system favoring each anet seller and grinder that gen 3 Aurene legendarys had proven to work in this game already on top of it.

No one here has jet to come forward to make a suggestion on this topic on how to make the QoL aspect of armor accessible to people with limited time but instead pointed out they should just do the same old repetitive and borring grind to get it and if not they should just live with it ?

But they are very open minded by saying this for some reason yeah sure.

Not sure how someone with limited time will be able to grind the gd to get said legendary armour. I don't think this is really about "casuals" not having enough time to grind and do achievements to then get the legendary armour but more about people not wanting to do what is necessary in order to obtain it. Its a QOL item so you're not forced to get it in order to play the game. The idea of adding legendary to the game was for people to have long term goals, I actually believe having any legendary sellable on TP is bad tbh because it goes against this.

Edited by Dibit.6259
typos
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1