Make Legendary SotO Armor Sellable! [Merged]

kenzil.5983

8 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I think that's nonsense.

Exactly, it's like some people just... don't like playing the game.

Good news for them: they can just open gemstore and have their instant gratification.

There is something called ascended gear in this game and it lets you skip the legendary crafting while beeing the cheapest option 🙂

Your reply makes no sense based on that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, kenzil.5983 said:

There is something called ascended gear in this game and it lets you skip the legendary crafting while beeing the cheapest option 🙂

Exactly! So you can just do that. I'm not even joking, I 100% agree with what you said and I even said it plenty of times in the past. Not sure how it addresses anything here though, I might be missing something.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, kenzil.5983 said:

You dont seem to understand that there are alot of people that dont bother with legendary armor crafting because there is no real gain other than QoL compared to ascended armor.

You can craft atleast 5 sets (6 pieces each ) for about the same gold you would have spent on legendary armor not including the Wizards Vault ones.

why whould somone bother with legendary crafting if they play 3 different builds at most?

legendary gear crafting is not worth the time investment in that case if your a casual so just make it more acessible to these people by adding it to the tp wich might help them play different classes and builds in the future.

you missed the point I'm making: this is all GW2 is about. It's not like WoW where you farm RNG armor drops. GW2 is about end-game crafting legendary armor, that's the end game for this game.

Now do you have too ? Absolutely not but then you're going to run into "well, what else is there to do in the game once I've done all my Ascended armor, story and Mastery?" That's where you're going to run out of things to do.

What does this mean ? Either dive into crafting it to create longevity of the game or ask the developers to change the strategy of the game. It's how GW2 was designed. It's odd, don't get me wrong, because the developers took a strange turn of a game and said "Let's make crafting the goal" vs. "let's make dungeons/raids the goal for your gear".

It's taken me a while to get used to it and personally I still don't like it to some degree. I'd rather invest the time into "skin legendary looking" gear and killing bosses in dungeons/raids for my drops because I like that "D&D" feel in these types of games but GW2 is far from a D&D type game.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

11 minutes ago, Crawford.4135 said:

you missed the point I'm making: this is all GW2 is about. It's not like WoW where you farm RNG armor drops. GW2 is about end-game crafting legendary armor, that's the end game for this game.

Now do you have too ? Absolutely not but then you're going to run into "well, what else is there to do in the game once I've done all my Ascended armor, story and Mastery?" That's where you're going to run out of things to do.

What does this mean ? Either dive into crafting it to create longevity of the game or ask the developers to change the strategy of the game. It's how GW2 was designed. It's odd, don't get me wrong, because the developers took a strange turn of a game and said "Let's make crafting the goal" vs. "let's make dungeons/raids the goal for your gear".

It's taken me a while to get used to it and personally I still don't like it to some degree. I'd rather invest the time into "skin legendary looking" gear and killing bosses in dungeons/raids for my drops because I like that "D&D" feel in these types of games but GW2 is far from a D&D type game.

Okay i get ur point now.

But what you should ask then is why does it have to lock the QoL improvements behind the legendary crafting and the item itself? The skin variants of these that if they were to add some could be the end game grind goal instead  ?

Edited by kenzil.5983
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, kenzil.5983 said:

Okay i get ur point now.

But what you should ask then is why does it have to lock the QoL improvements behind the legendary crafting and the item itself? The skin variants of these that if they were to add some could be the end game grind goal instead  ?

You can buy skins through gemstore. Any time someone suggest "endgame goal" to be "a skin", it's someone who knows it's not really a desired endgame goal (how many tines did legendary gear get changed in order to actually be worth making?). Doubt this time is any different.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, Crawford.4135 said:

This is literally the only reason to play GW2: collect/salvage and craft legendary. There is NO other reason to play this game. If you sell the gear on market, why even play the game ? The end game is: craft Legendary. Period.

Download GW2
Buy Expansions
Get Mounts
Craft Legendary
Game is now over.

if you sell it in Market, you just make the game playable for 10hrs and no one would ever return to the game again. (that's provided if a person buys gems with real currency - shareholders would love this idea but long term it would kill the game at a faster rate).

GW2 is not a "gear farm" game like most games. (yes you are farming the mats for the crafting, but there is no RNG drops off bosses in this game for gear) Other games that have gear farm tactics go on and on and on and on. GW2 only survives on Legendary Crafting, nothing else.

I'm a little shocked the weapons are even on the market

The End Game was supposed to be WvW...but it is the red-headed stepchild around here...PvE gets more maps and shinies than WvW, and the Alliances they have been planning for years are still in limbo.

As for weapons, at least they kept Gen 2 as account bound to give people something to do long-term.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, kenzil.5983 said:

You dont seem to understand that there are alot of people that dont bother with legendary armor crafting because there is no real gain other than QoL compared to ascended armor.

You can craft atleast 5 sets (6 pieces each ) for about the same gold you would have spent on legendary armor not including the Wizards Vault ones.

why whould somone bother with legendary crafting if they play 3 different builds at most?

legendary gear crafting is not worth the time investment in that case if your a casual so just make it more acessible to these people by adding it to the tp wich might help them play different classes and builds in the future.

Fashion Wars...that's what some legendaries have to offer, and there are plenty of players that put more effort into fashion and roleplaying in GW2 that anything else!  That's why they came out with the Gen 3 weapons that were more utilitarian looking and allowed them to be sold on the TP, and because they didn't want to create a P2W situation for those concerned over fashion wars they left Gen 2 as account bound. 😉

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Crawford.4135 said:

This is literally the only reason to play GW2: collect/salvage and craft legendary. There is NO other reason to play this game. If you sell the gear on market, why even play the game ? The end game is: craft Legendary. Period.

How about: the game is fun to play? Is that a reason to keep playing it?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I am not against the idea and I suspect so does ANET. There is no way people, even open world players who wanted it, will go for this armor. PvP'ers have Pvp lg armor, wvw and raids have their own too. Raid legendary armor is kitten easy to get. WvW takes time but there is no stress. Why would anyone grind boring rifts and so on just because it is open world when in reality it is open SotO. In time the amount of people who will do rifts and so on will decrease UNLESS coming months brings unique skins, money/material making methods etc.

Making the armor purchasable would be a good reason for every player to go and do the SotO content in the long run regardless of their preferred mode to make some cash. Every single piece of that armor will go for at least 2k gold because

1) It is the newest legendary armor. Unique skin and probably unique effects like raid one.

2) Armors > Weapons. You craft a legendary greatsword. You can equip it on only 2 out of 3 light armor classes, 3 out of 3 heavy armor and 1 out of 3 medium armor classes. More over, you will in %99 of the case will use the legendary weapon in power stats, most probably berserker or marauder/dragon. Armors or trinkets dont really follow this.

4 hours ago, Crawford.4135 said:

Also making a set of legendary armor purchasable isnt bad for anyone in the long run unless they are already full legendary slotted on all armor classes at which point they want to flex. People who said endgame is legendary crafting is a bit insane. End game is WvW and if you dont care about player combat than it is new PVE content/achievement hunt, which comes yearly. Sure legendary crafting is part of the endgame but somebody has to craft a legendary to sell it anyway. Aint no dad going for a legendary armor Ill tell you that LOL. Those dads are crying in the forum about how this lg armor isnt as advertised, boring and more costly etc.

You guys want to flex on dads? Not gonna lie, as a someone who is lonely, me too LOL.

Edited by MalekithDG.6124
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, MalekithDG.6124 said:

I am not against the idea and I suspect so does ANET. There is no way people, even open world players who wanted it, will go for this armor. PvP'ers have Pvp lg armor, wvw and raids have their own too. Raid legendary armor is kitten easy to get. WvW takes time but there is no stress. Why would anyone grind boring rifts and so on just because it is open world when in reality it is open SotO. In time the amount of people who will do rifts and so on will decrease UNLESS coming months brings unique skins, money/material making methods etc.

You can easly see there are almost always groups farming rifts, so... your prediction(?) seems completely incorrect.

43 minutes ago, MalekithDG.6124 said:

Making the armor purchasable would be a good reason for every player to go and do the SotO content in the long run regardless of their preferred mode to make some cash. Every single piece of that armor will go for at least 2k gold because

So... you start with claiming nobody will/would go for it (again, that's already false), but the moment it would become sellable... magically everyone would craft armor parts? That sure is convenient interpretation of what people can and cannot do.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 4

6 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

No problem here .

We have already raid selling , so crafting and selling it on the TP its the same thing (and i can make moniez)

Right when you think about it people that buy raid wings increase inflation by not paying the 15% tp fee cut in order to get their legendary armor set.

They channel alot of gold in to a few individuals in the game that sureley wont be having good intentions for the games financial future sitting on all the gold they acumulated gained by something that shouldnt be sellable to beginn with.

• Confused 9
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, knives.6345 said:

As someone who has a full-time, above average paying job - yes.

I would understand how others don't want it though. 

As someone who has a full-time, above average paying job - no.

And I don't understand how others want this.

Edited by Jedrik.3109
Sp.
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, kenzil.5983 said:

Right when you think about it people that buy raid wings increase inflation by not paying the 15% tp fee cut in order to get their legendary armor set.

They channel alot of gold in to a few individuals in the game that sureley wont be having good intentions for the games financial future sitting on all the gold they acumulated gained by something that shouldnt be sellable to beginn with.

Well they tried many times to sell the LI to the TP , rather than giving people an easy/ow armor in the past.

It was the same that we couldnt have a more intersting way to get the skyscale and we should have bought the food from the tp to bypass the grind (hmmm...)

Now that the roles are reversed , i dont see the problem . 

• Like 2
  • Confused 7

2 minutes ago, kenzil.5983 said:

Saying no with out any good reason or explenation for it is a childish and egoistic mindset...

people here replying with a single „no“ must be too lazy to explain why?

perhaps there is just no real reason to be able to explain 🙂 

im sure these same people are supporting the game even when they didnt needed to by buying „useless“ stuff like me every now and then 🙂 

Childish... egotistical....

Why explain anything? You obviously have your opinion and have a very strong opinion of me. 

My comment was to Knives. Who is a friend of mine. To which I was showing my disagreement with due to the job premise. 

And the passive-aggressive smiley face.. uh yeah. No.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, kenzil.5983 said:

Saying no with out any good reason or explenation for it is a childish and egoistic mindset...

people here replying with a single „no“ must be too lazy to explain why?

perhaps there is just no real reason to be able to explain 🙂 

im sure these same people are supporting the game even when they didnt needed to by buying „useless“ stuff like me every now and then 🙂 

Did you see the guy the person you quoted replied too explain their yes answer?

• Like 6
  • Confused 3

28 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Did you see the guy the person you quoted replied too explain their yes answer?

Currently there are more people saying straight up NO to my suggestion without explaining why… so there is NO point for me to ask that guys why he replied with YES to it especially when most of our YES awnsers can provide atleast a few more words after agreeing no matter of what they think would be a good reason for it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

why everyone wanna mess with Soto leg armor?

go ask to raids/wvw leg armour be availiable on TP.

Because touching the old sets would trigger every one that already owns them and these People put in alot of time + gold in it to have something special that elevates them from others and shows how dedicated they are to those game modes.

Maybe it could still be possible if they would have some sort of compensation or eco system that makes sense in far future to add them in to the tp but right now thats not the case

• Like 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

why everyone wanna mess with Soto leg armor?

go ask to raids/wvw leg armour be availiable on TP.

Lets not be hasty .

Those are prestigious armor , that are going to be used to atrack the casuals from their comfront zone.

(or atleast WvW  doens't need the armor and has the Gift of Battle + people are kinda "ok" playing that mode and following the zerg at special events.

Give the  Unranked pvp the ability to have a chance for random mats ,regerdles of win , that triggers every 3-4min a invisble event  from killing enemies or captring modes or critters .

edit:After 3x rewards you get a "bonus-WvW-track" buff to help our other pvp brothers and via versa . Max 6x rewards per day .. minimul  playtime needed per day ..lets see if they want more..)

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

11 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You can easly see there are almost always groups farming rifts, so... your prediction(?) seems completely incorrect.

So... you start with claiming nobody will/would go for it (again, that's already false), but the moment it would become sellable... magically everyone would craft armor parts? That sure is convenient interpretation of what people can and cannot do.

Ill see you in a few years man. Not that it matters then or now anyway. But I've always liked myself a small competition.

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

33 minutes ago, MalekithDG.6124 said:

Ill see you in a few years man. Not that it matters then or now anyway. But I've always liked myself a small competition.

I mean if we just looked at release state it would be a heavy grind to do raid armors too.

Since there were only 3 bosses and weekly lockout at the start thats almost a year of grinding for set 2 and 3. 

You see now why you dont look at just the first month after a release?

We can be pretty sure they will expand the ways to get motivations and kryptis essences in later releases.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2