Unbalanced PVP (Scourge)

Zow.4758

I think a few things can bring balance to scourges:

• Either take off some of their boon corruption, or make it only remove boons instead corrupt. I don't mind they have so much damage, that is fine. but when they apply weakness on meele classes all the time it is bad because you can't deal dmg to them and anyone else in their team.

• or take away might corruption/ weakness appliance.

• they already have a lot of aoe bubbles you need to avoid and temporary hps to be so tanky and make warriors and engis useless in the game.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:

@Felipe.1807 said:So while in PvE a AoE corrup boon machine might not be viable, on WvW and sPvP this is beyond broken, tell me a single meta build that dont spam boons 24/7?It's almost as if the ubiquity of boons and the existence of the scourge were connected somehow!

Scourge was sold by Anet as a support spec...the end product is nowhere near that...sorry, you can have your own opinion, but if you truly believe that Scourge is anywhere near balanced and healthy for this game mode, then you are completely clueless. But dont worry, Anet wont nerf it, might even buff it even more, either by trying to sell more PoF or by just being incompetent, after all, its not even the pvp team that handle balance lol no wonder shit is so bad, nerf and buffs are based on DPS on PvE golems lol

@Felipe.1807 said:

@Star.8401 said:bet yall wish spellbreakers could still easily counter scourges right about now.

tbh I really just want counter back on a lower cooldown. such a cool game mechanic!

this

Spellbreaker was designed to be a counter to scourge. Y'all had to whine, plot, scheem like a bunch of kitten's so now we have the situation were in.nerfs should wait 3 months after new classes are released.I quit playing SB. Instead Im playing the cancerous mirage and scourge in protest to y'alls protest

Spellbreaker was a whole new level of cancer...it deserved the nerfs, and probably need a few more.And honestly, i rather fight a Scourge in a team fight then a pre-nerf Spellbreaker...without a Firebrand to support, is not hard to focus him down and bring it down, but a Spellbreaker lol even after nerf he still to strong to the litte effort that requires to play it.

LOL, no. SB is weak. They lose to almost everything now including weaver. If a SB is dominating somewhere then its a skill/lack of skill problem.

I disagree, the whole Defence trait line, stances, greatsword mobility and damage, shield, passive healing, etc is just disgusting, add Spellbreaker to this and I say this is all way to strong...wouldnt mind a few more nerfs...but this is just my opinion, Anet aint gonna do it, I will be happy if they atleast take a look at Scourge and Mirage.

Nerf fb and druid all along with them then tho cuz they r disgusting as well Lol

@Felipe.1807 said:

@Felipe.1807 said:So while in PvE a AoE corrup boon machine might not be viable, on WvW and sPvP this is beyond broken, tell me a single meta build that dont spam boons 24/7?It's almost as if the ubiquity of boons and the existence of the scourge were connected somehow!

Scourge was sold by Anet as a support spec ....

It wilo get balanced but all i remember them saying is how is has more spport than base necro or reaper not that it is a decicated support spec.If this was the case the middle traitline would not be all about damage and the bottom traitline wouldn't be all about corrupting booms and damage.

I really love when people use this as argument "there way fewer scourges in high rank than in lower which like I said are mostly randoms without proper builds and support".... basically saying that Scourge is completely okay on "high rank" (what is "High rank"? I played the whole season between Plat 1 and 2, and faced more then once Legend players...) and is just a problem of newer players on "lower rank"...no its not, Scourge right now is a problem on all ranks of spvp, is way to powerfull.Again, which nerf, quote the balance path notes itself, cause honestly i have no idea of this nerf that you talking about..."which classes counters them ? Range classes counter scourge , thiefs and mesmers kills them easy. Every class can kill a scourge without support right now maybe apart eles. "lol you basically saying that every single profession on the game have a edge against Scourge?? What kind of players you facing, not that this is proof of anything, but even Helseth when playing with his mesmer got beat by a Scourge.(he was probably playing some non-meta mesmer build, but still, you cant try to compare someone like him with your avarage player)

Really who cant beat a scourge and what can a scourge can do without a support babysitting ?

do you know that strong barrier is around 5k every freaking 15seconds and the small around 2k every 5(condi scourge build). that's nothing zero nada. Apart that has zero defences passive or active and zero mobility. Instead of pulling theory from your ass try use numbers.

Now condition stacking is indeed stupid in this game but every condition class can do that not just scourge get a clue. So nerfing the overall stacking from all sources will be a good move.

also I see people crying because they cant spam their l337 100 boon builds , Anyone of you using a cleance rly ? Again why don't you try play with a support that knoiws what hes doing . firebrand cansingle handed negate sourges completely.

also if we gona talk about op.

Mesmer 12 dodge in a row into stealth. Thiefs mobility to stealth , 1 shot builds from both these classes literally , ranger 6 seconds baseline immunity etc. Gimme a fking break

And lets say scourges get nerfed.

they are the weakest duelrs , worst in random situation and worse in pve. so whats their role then? reaper is bs as well and necro all these years was underperforming.

Tbh all I see is bunch of whiners who lost their I win buttons

@"Vag.5682" said:

I really love when people use this as argument "there way fewer scourges in high rank than in lower which like I said are mostly randoms without proper builds and support".... basically saying that Scourge is completely okay on "high rank" (what is "High rank"? I played the whole season between Plat 1 and 2, and faced more then once Legend players...) and is just a problem of newer players on "lower rank"...no its not, Scourge right now is a problem on all ranks of spvp, is way to powerfull.Again, which nerf, quote the balance path notes itself, cause honestly i have no idea of this nerf that you talking about..."which classes counters them ? Range classes counter scourge , thiefs and mesmers kills them easy. Every class can kill a scourge without support right now maybe apart eles. "lol you basically saying that every single profession on the game have a edge against Scourge?? What kind of players you facing, not that this is proof of anything, but even Helseth when playing with his mesmer got beat by a Scourge.(he was probably playing some non-meta mesmer build, but still, you cant try to compare someone like him with your avarage player)

Really who cant beat a scourge and what can a scourge can do without a support babysitting ?

do you know that strong barrier is around 5k every freaking 15seconds and the small around 2k every 5(condi scourge build). that's nothing zero nada. Apart that has zero defences passive or active and zero mobility. Instead of pulling theory from your kitten try use numbers.

Now condition stacking is indeed stupid in this game but every condition class can do that not just scourge get a clue. So nerfing the overall stacking from all sources will be a good move.

also I see people crying because they cant spam their l337 100 boon builds , Anyone of you using a cleance rly ? Again why don't you try play with a support that knoiws what hes doing . firebrand cansingle handed negate sourges completely.

also if we gona talk about op.

Mesmer 12 dodge in a row into stealth. Thiefs mobility to stealth , 1 shot builds from both these classes literally , ranger 6 seconds baseline immunity etc. Gimme a kitten break

And lets say scourges get nerfed.

they are the weakest duelrs , worst in random situation and worse in pve. so whats their role then? reaper is bs as well and necro all these years was underperforming.

Tbh all I see is bunch of whiners who lost their I win buttons

This line of reasoning only holds up with the consideration that debilitating conditions don't exist in the game, but they do.

i've been playing a cancerous mace/shield + hammer Spellbreaker with Kick, Bulls Charge and Stomp, it actually deals pretty decent damage and kills Bunker Firebrands,plus it is really really really annoying for them :trollface:

but yeah, the scourge usually kills me shortly after >_<

@"Raikaku.5931" said:Two scourges + 1 bunker.... where's your god now?

Only 2?

Apparently mine left. These are my first 2 ranked games for the season.lkP5pH4.jpgUKncX9C.jpg

Good thing that the purpose of my build was built around beating Scourges, just like all of my builds. Apply lots of conditions then get out of LoS so no transfers can be made, let the pet CC them while I'm safely around the corner, rinse and repeat after they use "Consume Conditions".

Main issue I have is that this is conquest, a node capturing mode but I HAVE to give the scourge the node until I manage to kill them. Doesn't matter if they are good or bad players, I have to give them 10-30 points just because they showed up for the participation award.

Archived