QoL for Coms in 10 man squads

Valfore.8416

Just like how commanders can mark people or mark areas. It would be nice to be able to mark squad members’ icons to indicate what their roles are. Like changing their health icon on the squad UI to 🔵(aheal), 🟣 (qheal), 🟦 (adps), 🟪 (qdps), and 🟩 are just DPS. 

Players that’s joining before hand can pre pick their roles from preferred to least preferred roles that they have to offer. Once joined, they’ll be 🟩 but have a small 🔺that displays option above their 🟩 once clicked for the commander to assign. I mean it’s way better than having people X in chat when commander is role calling, it’ll also help with people just quitting and not stating what they were.

It’s just a good foundation system for new coms and coms who just joined a group without a com to just help them figure out what they need and don’t need. But also a good way to communicate with others so there’s no confusion with squad mates. My way of thinking is less headache = more groups, more new coms and, more coms who are willing to join a no com. 

Edited by Valfore.8416
Clear confusion and make support DPS similar shape as DPS
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Valfore.8416 said:

Where does the countdown come in handy 🤔

At starting the encounter for the group. Ready check is fine but it can be a while between the first person who presses ready and the last and that can lead to someone being alt tabbed because someone else took 5 minutes to ready up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Valfore.8416 said:

Just like how commanders can mark people or mark areas. It would be nice to be able to mark squad members’ icons to indicate what their roles are. Like changing their health icon to 🟦(aheal), 🟪 (qheal), 🔵 (adps), 🟣 (qdps), and 🟩 are just DPS. 

Players that’s joining before hand can pre pick their roles from preferred to least preferred roles that they have to offer. Once joined, they’ll be 🟩 but have a small 🔺that displays option above their 🟩 once clicked for the commander to assign. I mean it’s way better than having people X in chat when commander is role calling, it’ll also help with people just quitting and not stating what they were.

It’s just a good foundation system for new coms and coms who just joined a group without a com to just help them figure out what they need and don’t need. But also a good way to communicate with others so there’s no confusion with squad mates. My way of thinking is less headache = more groups, more new coms and, more coms who are willing to join a no com. 

@Rubi Bayer.8493 @Cal Cohen.2358

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Valfore.8416 said:

I think those should be left for any boss mechanic roles like Pylons, shrooms, and stuff

There's 2 separate marking systems. One for ground marking the other can be attached to players, npcs etc. So you can have arrow mark on shroom and another arrow mark in a player for example.

Edit: only issue would be screen clutter but that would also happen with your suggested method.

Edited by Dibit.6259
Added extra

2 hours ago, Dibit.6259 said:

: only issue would be screen clutter but that would also happen with your suggested method.

Technically no cause what I suggest isn’t on the characters actually but their health bar that’s shown on the squad UI section like where it shows all the subs and your teammates.