WvW Rush Bonus Event

Brangwen Liana.5632

18 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Leave it up to WvW players to be upset about both Anet ignoring and doing something for WvW.

Considering the recent complete lack of communication followed by the announcement of no further alliance betas this year I can't say I blame them.

I for one welcome any events or attention on WvW, I would support implementing regular little events to keep things fresh in the absence of any real meat in the alliance/balance department.

• Like 3

Nice to have an event but: no downstate when? and also can you actually attach decent rewards to those events like in your pve events... bagslots are juicy and black lion tickets as well. Overall those kind of get more of what youd get anyway feels pretty lame if im honest. but well wvw players are mostly pve players and roy is seemingly part of wvw balance decisions so i dont really have hope 😄

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

As usual Anet waited until my server, (The worst server), was red again. This makes the third time we have had a double exp week while my server is red. I know you are all thinking it makes no difference. But, every time we are red I make an average of three levels per day. The few times we have been green or blue for a double exp week I make at least ten levels per day. Other than the fact I've raked in great quantities of Memorys of Battle, it has been another lousy day in WvW for me. Outnumbered, Out booned, Out of patience waiting for the so called improvements to appear.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Leave it up to WvW players to be upset about both Anet ignoring and doing something for WvW.

They aren't really doing something "for" WvW any more than the Fractal Rush was "for" fractals.  These Bonus events appear to be part of a series as described in their last Studio Update.  I anticipate there will be some World Boss Rush next.  At the same time, I agree that Anet is damned if they do and damned if they don't when it comes to WvW.

As Grim has been saying here, don't forget to make bonus event suggestions.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 2

Keep in mind that with better rewards even more people might crowd the map. Not sure if such events are really the best way for WvW. For PvE and PvP where just instances of a new map can generate ... no problem. But WvW (with exceptio of that one map nobody cares about) ... has the limited amount of players. Imagine longer queue and the hardcore WvW fan instead of being happy like "wow finally a lot of people liking WvW" being angry like "PvE guy only there for rewards making it hard to get into the map". 😄

When in the lowest tier (EU) even in the afternoon (not yet prime time) you have queues ... it is obvious that a lot are there for the rewards.

Since it is only 1 week and they seem to plan to make such rushes easier to implement (turning them into something they can bring back more regularly): While in the old system with relinking and stuff ... would make sense to regularly bring them (also for the skins they started with the server restructuring beta) back 1-2 weeks before relinking. Then the servers will have a stable balance (tier-wise), while after relink everyone goes up/down a lot in tiers.  Best for most people to be able to to most achievements then.

Edit: Don't forget the rift rush. 😄 Maybe next year once people start to get bored of rifts. Lol. Might combine well with WvW + adding some rifts there as well lol.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Keep in mind that with better rewards even more people might crowd the map. Not sure if such events are really the best way for WvW. For PvE and PvP where just instances of a new map can generate ... no problem. But WvW (with exceptio of that one map nobody cares about) ... has the limited amount of players. Imagine longer queue and the hardcore WvW fan instead of being happy like "wow finally a lot of people liking WvW" being angry like "PvE guy only there for rewards making it hard to get into the map". 😄

When in the lowest tier (EU) even in the afternoon (not yet prime time) you have queues ... it is obvious that a lot are there for the rewards.

Since it is only 1 week and they seem to plan to make such rushes easier to implement (turning them into something they can bring back more regularly): While in the old system with relinking and stuff ... would make sense to regularly bring them (also for the skins they started with the server restructuring beta) back 1-2 weeks before relinking. Then the servers will have a stable balance (tier-wise), while after relink everyone goes up/down a lot in tiers.  Best for most people to be able to to most achievements then.

Edit: Don't forget the rift rush. 😄 Maybe next year once people start to get bored of rifts. Lol. Might combine well with WvW + adding some rifts there as well lol.

Have see a number of times that events do get us more players. Sure no one wants queues but we often see calls for more players. Considering part of the idea of the WR is a potential for more tiers, will error on the side of more events, and the potential for more queues. Mind you I say this as I missed a previous reset with the queue bug and spent a chunk of the time in EotM, good thing for me I like the map and it was a good time while waiting to get in, but another guildmate decided to switch games so I get both sides.

• 3 months later...
On 9/26/2023 at 2:16 PM, Brangwen Liana.5632 said:

Having a bonus event is awesome! Does this mean since one of the rewards are skirmish tickets that you have removed the cap on how many skirmish tickets can be gotten during the rush week? 

I don't if there was ever a hard cap, but there hasn't been an overall cap for a long time. Once you complete the diamond chests and weeklies you don't get any more tickets from those sources but there is also a chance to get bonus tickets for smc/tier 3 defenses/captures.

On 9/26/2023 at 10:26 PM, XenesisII.1540 said:

Oh ok they have an actual rush week, never seen that before.

Then in that case yes it would be limited on tickets because it's once time achievements.

https://i.imgur.com/3IsywPI.jpg

sigh guess I have to break my break from wvw and do this...

Caping stonemist castle give you 90 out of 100 points needed fr the rush so there is not much you really need to do.

When did the black lion stolen goods even start again, did not see it last night when working on rush.

Edit

Grumble gumble should really read the date on posts.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Caping stonemist castle give you 90 out of 100 points needed fr the rush so there is not much you really need to do.

When did the black lion stolen goods even start again, did not see it last night when working on rush.

Edit

Grumble gumble should really read the date on posts.

Sorry lol, +1 lol hate it when I miss that's its a necro.