Stealth is not OP, you are just bad

magickthief.6492

20 hours ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

Nah - also whats quated mean? Is that a fruit?

Sic Em says hello - Swap to ranger to deal with thief, or mez

I can't really speak for the rest of the classes, but as far as mesmer is concerned sic'em has NEVER been a counter. Literally never.

Ranger goes sic'em, I kite for 6s and go back to doing exactly what I was doing before. I can count on one hand the times I died specifically because of sic'em. I died much more often because of stuff like Winter's Bite (chilled absolutely destroys mesmer), Lightning Breath bouncing between me and my clones (can easily reach some 11k damage) or some pet just randomly heatbutting me for nonsensical thousands of damage. Sic'Em is harsh if -and only if- the ranger catches you with your pants down, but... one window of opportunity every 30-something seconds is not an issue. This holds true for mesmer, and I imagine it's just as true for thieves.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695

12 hours ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

@Flowki.7194 Is this the post you think countered me lmao?

Oh it most certainly countered you, and any other thief trying to defend the amount of mobility+stealth access thief has. Thieves are the biggest gaslighters going 😜 which is obviously very fitting from a lore perspective.

At-least the average zerker admits the spec is rediculous, for its own reasons.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

This holds true for mesmer, and I imagine it's just as true for thieves.

Thieves can't distort and don't have low cooldown projectile reflects or a myriad of options for dealing with a sic em opener. Dagger Storm snubs it but that's spending a 90 sec cd to actually fight.

Its a bit harder for thieves to deal with. Think about all the options you can press that give you breathing room that aren't stealth based. Many of them don't even have an activation time. Go through the list of thief skills and see for yourself. 

You use sic em on a thief with classic stun opener and they have to spend two dodges and a stunbreak or port to you to not perish. Pressing any distortion granting button does this almost seamlessly, and if you take master of fragmentation even reflects  projectiles associated with the burst.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

2 minutes ago, cyberzombie.7348 said:

Nah, I'm already kicked back with some buttered popcorn

Same. I love people trying to perpetually be mad at thief while their class dominates the meta. Even when thieves don't dictate comp outcomes people can't climb over their negative bias. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

@Azure The Heartless.3261Eh, for me it's just people constantly complain about stealth having no counters. Despite me explaining the tricks I've been using on multiple classes throughout the years to do so. Now I'm just...

*washes hands* Y'all do you.

Edit: Though one thing I can admit against stealth is that stealth camping on a condi build is bs since requires a fraction of commitment and risk to pull off compared to power.

Edited by cyberzombie.7348

45 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Oh it most certainly countered you, and any other thief trying to defend the amount of mobility+stealth access thief has. Thieves are the biggest gaslighters going 😜 which is obviously very fitting from a lore perspective.

At-least the average zerker admits the spec is rediculous, for its own reasons.

So you think the post talking about a WvW experience in the spvp forums countered me? Just want to make sure I have this right lol...? It countered absolutely nothing my guy. Its a post that is completely irrelevant to the game mode that we are talking about. His 10 minute duel with a thief in wvw is as irrelevant to this forum as how the raid boss encounter with Peter Pve went last Tuesday. 

Also - That fact that your clinging to this post in the spvp forums, that has nothing to do with spvp says a lot lol. Do you not understand how different stealth works in a closed envoirment like arena vs that of the open plains of wvw? Also... long duels are very common and sought after in wvw lol. Something to be celebrated. 10 minute anything doesnt happen in spvp. GGs tho. 

• Like 1

On 10/7/2023 at 2:37 AM, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

its not stealth , its the amount of stealth.  I was fighting a player for 10 minutes in wvw before i finaly managed to kill him.  This is how the fight went.,

I was fighting a player for 10 minutes in wvw

in wvw

i finaly managed to kill him

@Flowki.7194 I mean lol... Not only is it WvW. He didnt even loose the fight. So whats the basis of anything here? You both countered yourselves lmfao. Oh man. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

50 minutes ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

@Flowki.7194 I mean lol... Not only is it WvW. He didnt even loose the fight. So whats the basis of anything here? You both countered yourselves lmfao. Oh man. 

So you think fighting a class for 10 minutes is acceptable? Whats the risk and reward ratio on thief man LOL. Lets just accept that there is little to no difference between pvp thief and wvw thief.

Fights in closed environment is seemingly disadvantageous for thief you claim, sure, for stealth it is but the power of mobility is still there but this time with the pressure of time and outcome. We are talking about a class that can engage and disengage on the whim, high burst damage, unmatched mobility, stealth and infinite blinds... In a close environment... Where players are taxed with various objectives... They split up... In order to win the game which is important... And any time they can get touched by thief and they cant touch back...

Dude this isnt a class that you can just ignore, if you are being attacked by thief you have to respond. It takes 10 minutes to kill a thief and you cant even afford it in PVP, you cant even afford to chase a thief for 30 seconds or a minute its pointless because he will get away... His options are limitless. He can +1 his teammate or he can just decap after he runs away. You say thief is more balanced in PVP because of close environment but I say I am locked in there with that dude LOL.

Im glad he didnt lose the fight. Imagine if he did. How can you justify that? Imagine wasting 10 minutes on killing a class only to be defeated at the end. Its not even a class with low/mid damage but high survivability... Talk about balance.

No class should take 10 minute and/or multiple players to kill. There is a simple solution for thief: Remove blind/Smoke on P5.

Edited by MalekithDG.6124
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Thieves can't distort and don't have low cooldown projectile reflects or a myriad of options for dealing with a sic em opener. Dagger Storm snubs it but that's spending a 90 sec cd to actually fight.

No, stop bitching. You can disengage just as good as I can. I make do with Blink => LoS, you can make do with Shadowstep => LoS.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, MalekithDG.6124 said:

So you think fighting a class for 10 minutes is acceptable? Whats the risk and reward ratio on thief man LOL. Lets just accept that there is little to no difference between pvp thief and wvw thief.

Fights in closed environment is seemingly disadvantageous for thief you claim, sure, for stealth it is but the power of mobility is still there but this time with the pressure of time and outcome. We are talking about a class that can engage and disengage on the whim, high burst damage, unmatched mobility, stealth and infinite blinds... In a close environment... Where players are taxed with various objectives... They split up... In order to win the game which is important... And any time they can get touched by thief and they cant touch back...

Dude this isnt a class that you can just ignore, if you are being attacked by thief you have to respond. It takes 10 minutes to kill a thief and you cant even afford it in PVP, you cant even afford to chase a thief for 30 seconds or a minute its pointless because he will get away... His options are limitless. He can +1 his teammate or he can just decap after he runs away. You say thief is more balanced in PVP because of close environment but I say I am locked in there with that dude LOL.

Im glad he didnt lose the fight. Imagine if he did. How can you justify that? Imagine wasting 10 minutes on killing a class only to be defeated at the end. Its not even a class with low/mid damage but high survivability... Talk about balance.

No class should take 10 minute and/or multiple players to kill. There is a simple solution for thief: DELETE PISTOL 5.

Lmao shouldn't take 10 mins to kill a class.....wtf kinda argument is that soposed to be? Guess we're not taking into account skill of each player? Cuz I see long duels happening all the time in wvw between good players on all classes, especially splb,ele/cat,bladsworn, rangers and the list goes on, so they all need weapons deleted?

Lastly ur obvious bias has made u blind to the fact that there were 2 classes fighting in that duel, but ur unable thru ur blind bias to put ur self into thiefs shoes as his opponent also took 10 mins to fight and the thief was ultimately the one who lost lmao, shouldn't that thief be here instead of u complaining he not only lost but after 10 mins of trying??

Oh wait my bad unless thiefs a free kill its op.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Confused 2

29 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

No, stop 🐕‍🦺

NEVER. I'll stop when the whine stops, and it won't. 

You can disengage just as good as I can. I make do with Blink => LoS, you can make do with Shadowstep => LoS.

That's a whole 45 sec cd that I need and my whole defense (and a chunk of my damage) mechanic just got shut off!  

I'm just saying you have a bit more flexibility when it comes down to it~

Almost 50% more hp too~ 😶‍🌫️

I'd say its weighted properly because it's easier for thieves to shed condis but guess what mechanic that's tied to

Disclaimer: this is not a "nerf mes" post
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Lmao shouldn't take 10 mins to kill a class.....wtf kinda argument is that soposed to be? Guess we're not taking into account skill of each player? Cuz I see long duels happening all the time in wvw between good players on all classes, especially splb,ele/cat,bladsworn, rangers and the list goes on, so they all need weapons deleted?

Lastly ur obvious bias has made u blind to the fact that there were 2 classes fighting in that duel, but ur unable thru ur blind bias to put ur self into thiefs shoes as his opponent also took 10 mins to fight and was ultimately the one who lost lmao, shouldn't that thief be here instead of u complaining he not only lost but after 10 mins of trying??

Bro every time I read your replies I am having a difficult time understanding...

Duels lasting more than 10 mins is not a good thing. Shows how much classes can tank these days because of bloated designs. There is already an argument to be made about how too many classes are bloating with defensive options/iFrames/reflects and so on. Im not promoting a burst meta either. Why cant GW2 get to have a healthy meta with reasonable duels man? 😄

Yeah... That thief was losing the fight and it still took 10 minutes to kill him. I guarantee you that @vesica tempestas.1563 wasnt the one thats been losing, because it wouldnt take 10 minutes to close the kill for thief, I assure you. 

27 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Guess we're not taking into account skill of each player?

We are man. Thats why I am highly skeptical of that thief's skill level. Im not sure what vesica is playing but it really is not possible for thief to die after 10 minutes of chase simply because 10 minute chase should never happen. You cant "chase" a sports car, after 1 or 2 minutes it will literally disappear from your peripheral vision. I can understand and see classes surviving the initial burst of thief but they shouldnt be able to fight back unless thief gets greedy or careless and insists on fighting. And there is no scenario where you can chase down a thief unless vesica is a willbender but she plays condi... so... Also keep in mind she is playing condi. You cant kill a thief with power builds because of blind.

Edited by MalekithDG.6124
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4