You, separating friends?

Amber.5106

Hi there, with the server split between Blacktide and Aurora Glade I now had to chose between 2 WvW guilds I was part of. I had to pay gems (1,800) to sever my friendships. I really love you and when possible I pay for your extensions and spend money. This is a great game. But forcing people to chose between their friends and having to pay for it - I am not talking about the pips lost that is like double insult to injury - just does not feel right. I still love you, but now I feel hurt and torn and wondering whether I should pay again to move back and no doubt I will have pain then again. I hope that makes sense. Please consider this for the future.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 15
  • Sad 1

The answer is easy, cut all communication with Blacktide and join AG in their attempt not to get overrun by SFR and Blacktide. Consolidate with the broken hearts on your Blacktide guild later. (of course I am slightly biased)

Well, when you have two guilds you have allegiance to, on different servers, that can happen. As long as you don't actively spy and sabotage for one side on the expense of the other, you will get other match ups again not putting you in moral dilemmas. But who knows what your moral compass is?

If the guild you joined that was on a different server didn't make it clear which server they were on and didn't care enough about it's members to give warning about relinks coming up and offer to help with transfer costs, then you should quit that guild and keep the other one.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 6

I love to kitten on ANet for all the messed up systems they have in place that do more harm than good but this here seems 100% your problem even with the “alliance” update that may or may not come in the near 50 years you still picked 2 wvw guilds on 2 kitten servers. You have no right to blame any one else for your mistakes and wrong choices. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 10/1/2023 at 3:55 PM, Chaba.5410 said:

If the guild you joined that was on a different server didn't make it clear which server they were on and didn't care enough about it's members to give warning about relinks coming up and offer to help with transfer costs, then you should quit that guild and keep the other one.

This.

• Like 2

Probably some fault from the guilds and maybe the player not to think about it, but easy to do if you're new to the game or even just WvW.

But the irony here is that Aurora Glade and Blacktide were linked for 2 (yes two) periods in a row, so that's nearly 4 months, and they get to fight each other immediately after.  I think that Anet has a particular sense of humour. 

Honestly, this is more of a problem with multiguild system. It watered down guilds so much since most people will be in average 5 times less invested in their guilds. And of course linking system, considering having 2 servers together temporarily is so redundant.

Anyways, you are fortunate to have this choice at all. Hard and meaningful decisions like this are exactly what makes WvW so amazing. So many of us have struggled with choice between servers or guilds,. And it is great, choosing between 2 good options that is. We need developers to understand good feelings are linked with bad ones, and they can't just water everything down by deleting every meanigful choice and competitive environment. Having 5 guilds available isn't necessarily better than 1 and 2 servers together isn't same as 1.

• Like 1