That last spoon? Fractal Spoon

Blude.6812

16 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

And this is exactly why Anet locked stuff behind them, to get people to try the content and maybe like it.

Maybe so, BUT I disagree with them abandoning the play as you want philosophy and locking things. IMHO there should an alternate way to get items etc in ones preferred  type of game play.

Weirdly I got the Fractal spoon relatively quickly (I don't remember exactly when or how many fractals, but I got it long before I started doing them properly so I can't have done more than 5 or 6 at the time) but then it took ages to get the WvW spoon to drop even though I was playing WvW regularly.

4 minutes ago, Blude.6812 said:

Maybe so, BUT I disagree with them abandoning the play as you want philosophy and locking things. IMHO there should an alternate way to get items etc in ones preferred  type of game play.

There is, it's just not as specific as players would like it to be.

For example you can only get the Fractal spoon from doing Fractals (and can only get the other spoons from specific places too, including one from Tequatl, one from WvW and one which costs guild commendations or laurels and ecto and several which require specific hearts). But the collection only awards 3AP and 1 mastery point. There's more than enough mastery points to train all the masteries so no one needs to get the point from this collection if they really don't want to complete it, and if you're so committed to farming AP that missing 3 is a problem then you've already committed to doing basically everything in the game anyway.

You can't make legendary weapons without doing WvW (and a lot of PvE), but you can get ascended weapons with identical stats in a lot of other ways and if you really want a legendary weapon for the skin or the convenience you can buy it with gold.

So if someone wants something but doesn't want to do what's required to get it there are alternatives, they just might not be alternatives that person considers good or convenient enough to be worthwhile.

I finally got my spoon the other day too. There had been a few threads in Reddit talking up fractals, so I finally jumped in. Personal fractal level is up to 17 or so, picked up a few bits I needed for a couple of long-paused legendary precursor quests (still need to do Cliffside when it comes up on the daily next)... and I'm even thinking about Ad Infinitum.

That's all a long way of saying that there's a thriving and friendly fractals community out there, and a lot of fun, achieves and gold, in there.

• Like 3

I had the same problem - I did not want to do fractals. However I joined the 'looking for groups' 'all welcome' fractals (others seem completely condescending about newbies). At first nothing dropped and I didn't realise the spoon dropped from mobs. So I played about 10 and then suddenly I'd completed it cos I looted everying I killed. It is not so hard top achieve. Good luck

Oh btw you don't need much/any anguish for the lower levels

Edited by Thormano.7806
Just wanted to add some advice
  • Like 1

On 10/11/2023 at 6:14 PM, Linken.6345 said:

And this is exactly why Anet locked stuff behind them, to get people to try the content and maybe like it.

Actually this is the only type that I liked. The others (like raids and strike and to some degree WvW) don't care for at all.

• Like 1