That last spoon? Fractal Spoon

Blude.6812

I have been working on the Koutalophile collection and have them all but 1, The Fractal Spoon.  It seems the only way to get it to drop is by doing fractals ,unless there is a way I have yet to find. (I have all the others but Anet decided that the one MUST do fractals  while all the others are available by other means but that is another topic).  I have never done fractals and only have one +4 agony infusion. I am one more mastery insight short to complete all the Tyria masteries.

Can anyone suggest how I can get introduced to fractals or training runs?

12 minutes ago, Blude.6812 said:

Can anyone suggest how I can get introduced to fractals or training runs?

Check the lfg for fractal tier 1 runs for dailies (difficulty 1-25).

Tier 1 fractals are aproximately open world difficulty content wise and most often frequented by newer players.

If you want to feel absolutely safe, make a mention to the group that you are new. Most won't care at this level but it will ensure that nobody expects to much of you.

Most important: don't worry to much. T1 fractals are a breez (with the last 3-4 being a bit tougher, especially 24 and 25).

Since you mentioned core Tyria mastery points, fractals reward a few of those too. Keep an eye out for that.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 7

If you got the spoons from WvW and Tequatl you can get the one from Fractals.

As Cyninja said tier 1 Fractals are comparable to open-world difficulty (but specifically scaled for 5 players), if you've ever done any dungeons it's the exact same idea. You also don't need any agony resistance for Fractals 1 - 19 (the spoon can drop in any of them). Because of that most Fractals groups at those levels will take anyone, but if you're worried about looking bad if you don't know what to do you can say you're new to it and they'll either teach you or just not expect you to know things like where the switches are to open doors.

• Like 2

Join LFG for Tier 1, and have fun.  People are very friendly and helpful.  It is always acceptable to say hey I'm new to fractals.  I rarely do them as well and people are quite understanding and patient.   You don't have to do all of the , just try the first few.  You can do it!  For the spoon!

• Like 2

Thanks for all the replies.  I have a mes, guardian, warrior, ranger (main) and an ele all level 80, all ascended and with legendary weapons.  I would like to use the Ranger (soul beast), but would use the guardian since he seem to go through enemies like a hot knife in butter. Is there a preferred profession.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Honestly I would say whichever you are most comfortable with and enjoy playing.  Think I used my revenant, but I've done them with my ranger as well.  Tier 1 are not picky.   

I agree with this. If you want to commit to Fractals, especially if you want to do Tier 4 and challenge modes then it's worth thinking about professions and builds that will be in demand (and there's whole categories on build sites to cover all the options) but for Tier 1 I think the most important thing is to pick a profession you're confident with.

I normally do Fractals on either a ranger (soulbeast or untamed) or elementalist (tempest), purely because they're the ones I play most often. Recently it's mainly been the elementalist but I did the whole Ad Infinitum collection on my ranger. I didn't have trouble getting into groups on either of them.

• Like 2

Thanks again. Took the LFG suggestion and jumped in with my Ranger. Said I was a 1st timer and just went with the flow and did what was suggested.  Sadly no fractal spoon drop, but will give it a few more tries. I did get  Wizards Vault points though.  I'll have to watch some vids to get a better idea about what I just did. Take care all.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Blude.6812 said:

Thanks again. Took the LFG suggestion and jumped in with my Ranger. Said I was a 1st timer and just went with the flow and did what was suggested.  Sadly no fractal spoon drop, but will give it a few more tries. I did get  Wizards Vault points though.  I'll have to watch some vids to get a better idea about what I just did. Take care all.

If you are just looking for a Mastery Point, here is a page with some points to gain in Fractals:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractals_of_the_Mists_(achievements)

• Like 2

Coincidentally, I recently had the Imperial Chef Yileng's Golden Spoon to drop in fractals (was the last spoon I needed for the achievement). As others have said, getting into fractals is pretty easy. You just need to check the LFG and gradually build your fractal level and AR. Most players are friendly and willing to teach the mechanics if you ask. I think most everyone is nervous when they first start fractals, but they are also a lot of fun!

• Like 2

Hi there and welcome to fractals! No reason to be scared on rank 1. I see you are looking for vids for future runs. May I suggest Mukluklabs (or mukluk on youtube/twitch). He has a lot of guides including an Intro to Fractals that will give you the tier 1 run down of how to get through each. Fractals also give a lot of mastery points through mostly simple achievements. So keep an eye out.

Also talk to the npc at the start of the fractal lobby with the wings. This will start a collection for the Legendary backpiece. Don't fret though. 80% or so of the objectives can be done at tier 1. I'm almost done with mine and only just got tier 3 myself.  It may be a fun extra thing to go for and Mukluk has a guide for that too!

Have fun!

• Like 1

Thanks, didn't know about the NPC back piece collection as well the guides suggestions. Friendly players filled me in about using the hammer and dropping it when 'red'.  Got completion of many collections (legendary) after a few runs. Even got my last mastery point to complete the fractal attunements (mistlock singularities).  No fractal spoon---yet.

• Like 2

You can even get it just by clearing trash mobs in them, and can be done solo (success may vary by build and skill level) without having to do a full run.   If you ever don't feel like doing a group or can't find one,  and feel like that's something you would do, it's an option.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

You can even get it just by clearing trash mobs in them, and can be done solo (success may vary by build and skill level) without having to do a full run.   If you ever don't feel like doing a group or can't find one,  and feel like that's something you would do, it's an option.

15 hours ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

That's what I did, just kept repeating the first fractal as far as I could until it dropped. Didn't take too long.

Thanks , I will give it a go. Did a few more runs last night and the groups that I have joined seem to rush through/past mobs to get to the various bosses.  (no spoon LOL)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

I just did it solo or with my brother, so didn't bother any teams.

Same, just went by myself and cleared the first trash in the start of the easiest fractals.  Again, some players may not feel comfortable doing it solo or their build may not be friendly for that, so enter at your own risk lol.

1 hour ago, Blude.6812 said:

Finally got my spoon today from some mobs.  But I have discovered that Fractals are fun and I am getting stuff, getting completions, completing collections and mastery points that I wouldn't get other wise.

Congratulations, finally!!!!  They are fun once you kind of get in the swing of them.   They're not my favorite content, but I do enjoy them from time to time.   Glad you persevered!!

Kharmin ...best hopes for your spouse.

1 hour ago, Blude.6812 said:

Finally got my spoon today from some mobs.  But I have discovered that Fractals are fun and I am getting stuff, getting completions, completing collections and mastery points that I wouldn't get other wise.

And this is exactly why Anet locked stuff behind them, to get people to try the content and maybe like it.

• Like 2