Guild Chat

Vomact.5693

The green text 'say', 'squad',... can be rightclicked or leftclicked to select the chat channel in chat textbox... select the guild u just joined and chat away...

If the guild name is not among the choices of chat channel, u might want to check in guild window of u joined guild by accepting invite

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

The green text 'say', 'squad',... can be rightclicked or leftclicked to select the chat channel in chat textbox... select the guild u just joined and chat away

You can also type /g to switch to guild chat (or /g1 /g2 etc. if you're in more than one).

It might just be that no one is talking. A lot of guilds these days seem to exclusively use Discord, I've been having trouble finding one that actually uses the in-game chat.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Vomact.5693 said:

I just joined a guild. It seems to me that I can't communicate in the guild chat, I don't see anything in the chat/I can't communicate...
Should I do something? do I have to wait for authorization??? something else ?...
thanks in advance

When you log in or change guild channel in chat there will be a message of today (MOTD) for that guild.

It is the same message you find when you open guild panel.

Default key bind <G>

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild

Make sure that you have become a member of that guilds roaster.

If not contact those that are Guild Manager. You can either whisper or use in game mail (mail is best when GM are offline as talking through chat means they have to be online or not occupied with other stuff).

Most guilds will use Discord as it offer more space for messages and don't have the limited filtering of words (if GM isn't using Discords filter to prevent certain words).

If Guild are using Discord they usually will have an link invite to their server on the same Guild Panel where you can see MOTD.