Ques

tippolit.3591

2 minutes ago, tippolit.3591 said:

How the hell do you go backward in que??? I started at 7, now 11. Any idea?

Did you go afk? if your queue pops and you don't accept before the timer is up it puts you back in queue.

If you're saying you sat there and watches your queue place jump from 7 to 11 suddenly, never seen or heard that happen before.

I was going to ask if there is any sort of team balancing - eg, if a team is outnumbered, do they go to the front of the queue to try and balance things out more vs creating an even more unbalanced map?

But now idea if that happens, or the the queue represents all teams (in which case that could make sense) or just your team (in which case, it still wouldn't)

4 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Did you go afk? if your queue pops and you don't accept before the timer is up it puts you back in queue.

If you're saying you sat there and watches your queue place jump from 7 to 11 suddenly, never seen or heard that happen before.

Yep, sat it watched it go backward slowly but surely. So frustrating. 

2 minutes ago, Solvar.7953 said:

I was going to ask if there is any sort of team balancing - eg, if a team is outnumbered, do they go to the front of the queue to try and balance things out more vs creating an even more unbalanced map?

But now idea if that happens, or the the queue represents all teams (in which case that could make sense) or just your team (in which case, it still wouldn't)

What?

There is no team queue or team balancing.

Every map has it's own separate queues per side.

The balance for everyone is the same map population limit per side.

1 hour ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

The above mostly, but did you just see it last night? The reason I ask is there seemed to be extra weirdness going on last night, hence the edit and question.

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
expanded reply

11 hours ago, tippolit.3591 said:

happened again today. Went from 5 in que to 13 as I watched. Infuriating. 

First off I am sorry. So take my next statement in consideration of that and had guildmates report the same at reset. I do a lot of blackbox programming where you have to look at data in and data out to assume what happens in the parts you can't see so you can adjust your code to plan on what might happen in the parts you can't see. This is starting to look like they have added code to handle the issue where multiple players are assigned the same number in queue and then are stuck never reaching queue. It's starting to look like code was added to handle those duplications in assignments and reassign placements to prevent those duplicates that block players in the queue by renumbering them while in queue. I have no proof of this outside of observation, so take it with a grain of salt. But it is fitting the pattern reported and seen while in a voice channel.