[Feedback] Rune of the trapper dragonhunter

Yashizuko.9165

I just noticed after some months coming back to the game that a very fun playstile i had in wvw is completelly impossible now, i played rune of the trapper dragonhunter in WvW sometimes just for the sake of having stealth and a fun gameplay escaping.

I don't care if that was not optimal for dps or whatever, it's an option for horizontal progression, where Guild Wars 2 is known for, removed, but this kind of stuff is what was happening to wow in 2014 era when spells and effect were pruned for no reason, i wanted to share my personal feedback on this, hoping to get a old rune of the trapper relic, because for me removing something like that makes no sense.

Sometimes it's not just about numbers, is about the fun having playing your profession

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

Trapper rune was insanely strong though, maybe if they gave it an icd it would be fine.

Strong against... who and what rating exactly? In sPvP it could barely get past Plat1 rating unless you played like a God. Even then it still had disadvantages. In WvW it was the only way to disengage outside of selecting a random enemy target (or teamates if you run that utility on your bar) that happens to be near your blob.

The only thing people QQ'd about was the stealth.. as if they have never fought a DE thief before.

I honestly just want our Superspeed back on traps. They need to just add it to the Piercing Light trait and call it a day.

Edited by Saiyan.1704
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 10/28/2023 at 12:18 PM, SleepyBat.9034 said:

Trapper rune was insanely strong though, maybe if they gave it an icd it would be fine.

No disrespect but I never understand why people say this. I can personally only think of 3 builds total that used trapper runes: D/D or Axe/D + shortbow trapper Soulbeast, Trapper Druid, and power trapper DH. At the time of removal, none of those classes as far as I remember were super meta. You could definitely find success on them, but they weren't up with the likes of vindicator, WB, Daredevil, Harbinger, Cele Renegade, Catalyst, etc. 

I agree with the OP. It was a niche but fun playstyle whose removal had no real positive effects. Sucks for the people that enjoyed it because there's no avenue for that trapper playstyle. 

• Like 1