Burst Precision in PvE.

DanAlcedo.3281

The ability to play without precision is obviously nice in PvP/Wvw. Being able to convert it 1to1 into Vitality. 

But I question it's usefullness in PvE. 

Sure, you could still go with Valkyrie gear, but what would that accomplish? You now have something like 35k health. That doesn't really do anything. Especially when you run something like Strength/Arms/Berserker without any self sustain. 

Now, the main problem is that there isn't a stat combo I personally would use with it. 

Something like Power/Ferocity/Concentration or

Power/Ferocity/Heal power. 

But that doesn't exit at the moment. 

Maybe Crusaders. 

We could still go the "normal" route of getting 100% crit chance. With the changes made, we can go full Dragon stats and reach it. 

However, that would mean that Burst Precision is basically just 150 Ferocity. 

My Idea would to buff the Ferocity to 300 in PvE only. 

With the stat combos we have access to, it probably won't break anything. 

I can see it getting paired with Harrier or Vigilant stats on a support build. I can also see it with Cavalier, you bet Lord Hizen is going to release another Solosworn video using it. I can see condi builds taking the tankier condi stats and using Burst Precision to shore up their crit chance over Furious and letting Opportunist shore up their Adrenaline.

If it's a question on will the Raid/Strike benchmarks feature it or not, then we'll see, but for general PvE, and general FotM pugging I can see it getting used in several ways. 

42 minutes ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

You don't use it for valkyrie gear. You use it for cavalier or crusader one.
This vastly increases your effective hp vs direct damage.
The crusader can be your way into offhealer build too.

Maybe I view the entire point of the Arms rework from the wrong angle. 

The new version of Arms translates to "here have defense stats". When what i wanted was more dps. 

I think I will stick to Strength/Defense/Zerker in Openworld. 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281

@DanAlcedo.3281 Well it will be eather a support or a dps focused weapon. My gues is the Second one cause of 2 things. 

First would be that Guardian and revenant both allready have staff one as Support and one as a self sustained focused one so Warrior for dps would makes sence.

Second would be how Warrior just hold the staff now in the "showing" screen. Before they are holding them like a typical staff but now they are holding them like a scythe^^

I personaly would like both variants. Cause we need some Support/Healing weapons to be able to Play Support role on warr. But also warrior lacks in Terms of AoE focused dmg so a scythe would also makes sence 

11 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 Well it will be eather a support or a dps focused weapon. My gues is the Second one cause of 2 things. 

First would be that Guardian and revenant both allready have staff one as Support and one as a self sustained focused one so Warrior for dps would makes sence.

Second would be how Warrior just hold the staff now in the "showing" screen. Before they are holding them like a typical staff but now they are holding them like a scythe^^

I personaly would like both variants. Cause we need some Support/Healing weapons to be able to Play Support role on warr. But also warrior lacks in Terms of AoE focused dmg so a scythe would also makes sence 

Please. No. More. Melee. DPS. Weapons.

I'll take a 1200 range thrown spear though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

You don't use it for valkyrie gear. You use it for cavalier or crusader one.
This vastly increases your effective hp vs direct damage.
The crusader can be your way into offhealer build too.

If you don't want to pull extra agro, for purposes, but want more defensive stats, then Valkyrie will be good. 

I'm already critcapped in PVE so I'm literally just going to swap to smash brawler instead of savage instinct, keep my stats as is, and just do infinite berserk mode. I don't need arms because I don't die unless I misplay.

I'm glad they looked at it though. Arms -did- need some work. the problems are largely elsewhere though when it comes to builds that can use it. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261