1 v 1, solo queue only

magickthief.6492

1v1 was only around for a short time when I started pvp, please bring this back.   Idk why this was removed but I would love this mode back.    The maps for 2v2 and 3v3 were not around back then and could totally be used, or give us a new 1v1 map would be absolutely crazy town for anet to do so.   Win our love back with gifts of affirmation.   ❤️    Also a ranked option for 1v1.   This would be a healthy step for new people learning the mode.

Edited by dead.7638
  • Like 2

Even so, you get an even playing field in 1v1 to understand your class and the ones you fight against.   The best learning experiences when it came to competitive fights, I got the most out of 1v1 in duels, even in the hopeless fights.   I was still able to learn and adapt issues I was struggling with.   I learned what animations from which specs I needed to look out for.   I understood the limits of my class and practiced how to perform correct rotations and the timing between cds of skills.   Of course there are plenty of areas in game to do this.   I think mostly, I like the ideal of a ranked 1v1.

Edited by dead.7638
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, dead.7638 said:

1v1 was only around for a short time when I started pvp, please bring this back.   Idk why this was removed but I would love this mode back.    The maps for 2v2 and 3v3 were not around back then and could totally be used, or give us a new 1v1 map would be absolutely crazy town for anet to do so.   Win our love back with gifts of affirmation.   ❤️    Also a ranked option for 1v1.   This would be a healthy step for new people learning the mode.

Game isn't set up for 1v1, the only outcome would be seeing everyone playing the cheapest 1shot build, ./shurg

• Confused 2

11 hours ago, dead.7638 said:

Even so, you get an even playing field in 1v1 to understand your class and the ones you fight against.   The best learning experiences when it came to competitive fights, I got the most out of 1v1 in duels, even in the hopeless fights.   I was still able to learn and adapt issues I was struggling with.   I learned what animations from which specs I needed to look out for.   I understood the limits of my class and practiced how to perform correct rotations and the timing between cds of skills.   Of course there are plenty of areas in game to do this.   I think mostly, I like the ideal of a ranked 1v1.

Learning how to not fold as easily against a spec that counters yours is one thing, calling 1v1 an even playing field is another 😜

Edited by Flowki.7194

1 hour ago, porkchopMCgee.6193 said:

Idk about that,  people are too worried about it in general, along with the other people in the "top spots" like ... Why it's not affecting you and how you play, doesn't make sense to me.

Speaking for myself nothing of my ego is tied to gaming in general so I cant relate either.

I think the majority of the pvpers are just 10 year vets with thousands of games under their belt deriving their self worth from some nearly dead game mode(yes I consider 1k Active participanta as dead)

Also they fail to realize theres a ton of ppl who just want to play one or two games to slay and could give less of a f about the noded, but still wamt to get some progression aka play ranked for the pips and achievements.

Im ngl outside of enjoying the combat system I think gw2 pvp is a running joke 

• Thanks 1

I just want to give people the hands without worrying about what experience with social sciences I need to prop this team up enough that we don't get deleted by one to two well organized duos.

But i know the moment we get 1v1 people will slot dumb auto 1v1 winning builds like shield virt/bladesworn/some DE timeout build, and I'll regret asking for it because people hungry for clout can't help themselves.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Learning how to not fold as easily against a spec that counters yours is one thing, calling 1v1 an even playing field is another 😜

We are all playing the same game (under the assumption you bought all expansions). So yeah its an even playing field.

Anyway I would preffer it to the current mini seasons.

• Thanks 1