Why did they remove rune of the trapper effect from WvW?

Jaemes.3290

You can't expect anet to fully implement relics. They didn't have time, since they needed to rush out the expansion without most of its features complete. It would be unrealistic to expect a finished product for release. Be patient, if they ever feel like it, they may release some of the old runes back to us. Maybe if we're lucky as an additional dlc....🙃

• Confused 3

18 hours ago, Loboling.5293 said:

You can't expect anet to fully implement relics. They didn't have time, since they needed to rush out the expansion without most of its features complete. It would be unrealistic to expect a finished product for release. Be patient, if they ever feel like it, they may release some of the old runes back to us. Maybe if we're lucky as an additional dlc....🙃

cool yea hopefully if they have time and get around to it they can unkitten my favorite build of past 5+ years

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2023 at 5:32 PM, Dadnir.5038 said:

I'm pretty sure guardians (dragonhunters) have been crying louder than rangers about the loss of this effect.

Nah, they have the choice to go play heavy armor thief. Who needs stealth when you have a tonne of blocks, invuls, boons and movement skills.

• Confused 3

The runes were pretty degen, ngl.  

They were fun a long time ago when you could throw traps, but once you couldn't they became kinda trash because ranger traps are for the most part, trash.  

This then just lead to a lot of trapper druids getting carried by the runes; I see a whole lot less Druid in WvW roaming now that those are gone (thankfully for me as I hate mirror matches).  

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

The runes were pretty degen, ngl.  

They were fun a long time ago when you could throw traps, but once you couldn't they became kinda trash because ranger traps are for the most part, trash.  

This then just lead to a lot of trapper druids getting carried by the runes; I see a whole lot less Druid in WvW roaming now that those are gone (thankfully for me as I hate mirror matches).  

Trap rangers were never an issue against any class...no power dmg on them. I am glad they're gone, fighting dragonhunters was such a pain

On 11/8/2023 at 10:46 PM, VonSchnitzel.9025 said:

Trapper ranger was my favorite buil in WvW. It's completely trash now with the stealth removed. Why would they do this? I hardly even saw any trap rangers before the nerf...

Because dragonhunter was OP on it...trap ranger was/is the weakest trap class in the game by far. A tiny loss but a great victory for balance with the removal of steath dragonhunters and thrives.