How to reach North Beacon in time from South Beacon?

During beacon event in Nayos where one first charge up South Beacon from killing Kryptis, collect Emotions from dead Kryptis and then charge up South Beacon.

When this have been fully charged and we have to interact again to get a buff which we are supposed to reach North Beacon in under 40 seconds before that buff effect will time out.

How do one get there in time?

Last time I did this event that bar for North Beacon seem to have only one player that had managed to lit up (very tiny amount on bar).

Is this part of event supposed to be that short on time to go from South to North Beacon?

Is there any trick to get from South to North as even with Griffon I couldn't manage to get there in time and with Skyscale there where almost impossible to get past those Turrets in air without getting hit and other hostile NPCs before buff vanished.

EDIT: GW2 wiki didn't seem to have much info about this event while searching for Beacon or North Beacon. The event is called  "The road to Heistor" I think.

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437
  • Sad 1

You need to get the flame at south ..then go to each mini beacon marked by cogs along the way.  Light the first one.  The next player will renew their flame at this mini beacon and carry it to the next one.  And so it goes.   One person gives up their flame to light them(then will need to return to the south to get a new one).  Go to each mini beacon  and renew your flame.   You follow them to the north, and then fly to the final north beacon and add to the lighting of it.

It's a relay.  Also you can put a jade bot waypoint at the north beacon and use it to carry one flame from the south ❤️

Edited by Farohna.6247

6 minutes ago, jason.1083 said:

To add to this, Griffon can bypass all that and go straight for the North beacon, much faster and easier, I normally reach it with 10-12 seconds to spare. Usually I deposit 2 flames before the others even get their first one.

Ooh that sounds fun, I'll have to try that!

10 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Ooh that sounds fun, I'll have to try that!

Note that it also needs Skyscale for that, it's the classic double boost upwards (include Bond of Vigor if available) and then swap to Griffon, also use of updrafts with Griffon is essential.

Edited by jason.1083
  • Thanks 1

After I grab the torch, I go up the giant tree to the north (and slightly to the west) on my skyscale. After I land on the tree, I follow left along the branch to get additional height, then fly up as high as I can, then switch to my griffon, then boost at an arc all the way to the north beacon.